Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the posts in this thread are bordering on funny (if not insulting) to the female player.

Personally, the guild's recruitment that the OP posted sounds like a guild I wouldn't want to be in (even if they accepted females)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Geez. There's a lot of misogynistic generalizations in this thread.
    The truth is, some of the best and most driven players and raiders in the world are girls.
    Hypocrisy thy name is Vvulf

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a married girl and my 3 older brothers got me interested in this game right before bc came out (they were hardcore eq players as well) since then I was hooked, and for the past 5+ years have had to deal with not talking alot in vent, paying for server x-fers because of whack jobs, name changes etc. and when DS went live I dropped the guild I was in due to "new" recruits that were more like frat boys because my husband was very upset with their intentions and got fed up completely. It has happened so many times already that raiding just isn't worth all that extra wasted energy even though I have been told by too many people to count that I am an awesome healer or the best they have seen, I dread being asked to "get on vent" EVER again, so lfr is a great option now other than quitting for someone in my shoes because I refuse to let my characters sit and rot after all the hard work and time put into this game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.
    Thats funny, because 99% of the females i have raided with over the years have been awesome players. All healers except for one tank, her ego got in the way at the end though (refusing to come to progress raid because a person or two wasn't performing at their best for a raid or two) . But she was still a decent player.

Only thing i see wrong with it is all the 14 year old teenage boys who get a erection every time they speak, but they have no place in a hc guild anyways. Theres YOUR answer....

The point being: theres a equal chance for a guy to suck as a girl in this game. Its really all about awareness (not watching tv while in a boss fight, or having the music drown out the voice chat) and how well you perform under pressure.

Thats my experience at least.
    Last edited by Paloh; 2012-08-15 at 04:49 PM.

I've known some women who are amazing raiders and some who have no business raiding and if it wasn't for their boyfriend wouldn't be taken. Just like guys, there are some amazing raiders and some mouth breathers. However, I have known a few guilds that didn't recruit females on the servers I've been on and sadly they tend to be the best (V A N Q U I S H and No Chicks Allowed) back when they were both guilds.

Deleted
    I've raided with good female raiders, I've raided with bad female raiders.
    I've raided with good male raiders, I've raided with bad male raiders.

Some guys just can't accept it when they get their ass kicked by a girl.

Anyone else get the impression (if those rules are actually legit and not fabricated to start a flame fest) that the guild is one of those "killed DW with the 30% buff so now we are l33t's" guilds?

I'm sure there are a lot of great female players out there, but I have rarely bumped into them. I've been in guilds with 6 or 7 female raiders at once, and some fewer. If I think for a second, there has been only 1 that pops into my head right away as an amazing player. She was a tank and assistant raid leader, really great player. It's not sexist or bias to say this because, like anything a girl can even come into this forum the same as a guy and say "I'm amazing, I'm great" but like most people who do that, you're still not that.

They're usually attention whores, extremely bad, and very immature. I could go on and on in depth about my personal experiences but I can tell you that it's not a generalization it's a fact and I've seen it over 5 years lol. If you don't want to be treated bad as a female player, do well, show you're good, and don't be someone who wants to grab attention or allow people to generalize you, it is a generalization to say all females are bad but they aren't all bad, they are just like males, they are good, they are bad, they are amazing and they are horrible, there is just fewer in the pool.

Deleted
    Our GM is a girl, there are girls with us who raid, pay us a visit: perfectly flawed@doomhammer x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavous View Post
    I'm a married girl and my 3 older brothers got me interested in this game right before bc came out (they were hardcore eq players as well) since then I was hooked, and for the past 5+ years have had to deal with not talking alot in vent, paying for server x-fers because of whack jobs, name changes etc. and when DS went live I dropped the guild I was in due to "new" recruits that were more like frat boys because my husband was very upset with their intentions and got fed up completely. It has happened so many times already that raiding just isn't worth all that extra wasted energy even though I have been told by too many people to count that I am an awesome healer or the best they have seen, I dread being asked to "get on vent" EVER again, so lfr is a great option now other than quitting for someone in my shoes because I refuse to let my characters sit and rot after all the hard work and time put into this game.
    Though thats something typical too, a girl not wanting to get on vent because~
    Honestly why do people care, so there are some lonely nerds out there ignore them they'll eventually get it.

Deleted
    maybe their guild has a proper sex pest in it and preys on any female he comes into contact with, and they're just trying to save your soul from harassment.
    granted, more than likely not the case, but thats a good enough reason in my book :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it is because of the drama they can cause. Intentionally or unintentionally, females can often cause drama within a guild, which leads to the potential lost of members.

We have several woman in my guild. One of which is the raid leader, and were 7/8H atm. We have em as DPS & Heals, and once switching to a MT in MoP.

<Eleventh Hour> of Earthen Ring "Alliance"
    We are recruiting for MoP, and have a very family friendly atmosphere. No drama.
    http://www.eleventhhour.org
    Last edited by Ferledon; 2012-08-15 at 04:48 PM.

In my experience of six years as a guild master, raid leader, and tank I have noticed this of female players.

1) They insist that they are better than they are because "girls do play". Yes this is a generalism. This statement is not meant to belittle the EXCELLENT lady players that ARE out there, just ear tag one of the possible problems with inviting one to your cutting edge guild.

2) There are invariably MALE players who are distracted by the pretty voice and feel that if they put enough effort into it they may "score a piece" in real life.

3) When a female player gets the shits of a guild they leave and continue to politic and try to bring the guild down by using their female whiles to convince male palyers that (the person that offended them) is a meany and they should not support mr/mrs meany.

4) Younger male players feel threatened by female equality (in the women's minds superiority).

This being said, I by no means frown on female players in MY guild so long as they are putting forth and equal effort.
    This is however a true accounting of things that I have seen.

Deleted
    Incidently we had a Mage in our guild until recently who was a girl and was without a doubt one if the best players on the server

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the story of Death and taxes guild..

If the female players are single.. Yeah that can cause a lot of drama. Bunch of guys playing WoW finding a women who enjoy the same game and the same interest.. Jealousy ahead and more.

And most of the time they play the sexy card. This is just horrible for a guild.

If they are in couple with a members. Not better..
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2012-08-15 at 04:51 PM.

I can see why they wouldn't want them(drama, I've seen it happen. Broke at least 2 of the guilds I've raided with), but I can also say that not all women/girls/females are bad players/dramaqueens. One of the raiders in our main team is female, and while she probably isn't the best player in the guild(she openly admits that as well), she pulls her weight and doesn't mess up more than or even as much as some other people in the guild.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    The Guilds that say no to inviting Female Raiders are clearly not worth it, I've raided with some very good Female players

Quote Originally Posted by dejavous View Post
    You sound like my wife. We found a semi casual guild with everyone in their mid 20s for the most part. A lot of other females too and the problems went away.

Who the hell raids for progression?

10+ Year Old Account
    Women are not an inherent problem to a guild, but of all the guild break ups I've seen, almost all them involved a woman. Usually it was over relationships gone bad, especially if the guild was run by a couple.