Deleted

Are Shadow Priests looking good for MOP?

I've been thinking about going Shadow Priest for MOP, as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking for them in this xpac though?

I have always fancied the face melter but how are they shaping up?

Regards

10+ Year Old Account
    The rotation has been somewhat overhauled: Devouring Plague is six seconds, and consumes Shadow orbs now (which are generated by Mind Blast), only two dots to refresh. Mind Flay doesn't reduce cooldown on Sfiend. The cooldown has been reduced to three minutes. Check out the talents and changes if you want to know more - it's sticky'd at the top of the forum.
    Currently in Beta, Shadow is low-middle of the pack. But in my opinion, it doesn't matter where Shadow sits at right now, if you enjoy the mechanic changes - play it. Numbers change, and they change often.
    But if you're terribly concerned about numbers, the latest simcraft build:
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    The rotation has been somewhat overhauled: Devouring Plague is six seconds, and consumes Shadow orbs now (which are generated by Mind Blast), only two dots to refresh. Mind Flay doesn't reduce cooldown on Sfiend. The cooldown has been reduced to three minutes. Check out the talents and changes if you want to know more - it's sticky'd at the top of the forum.
    Currently in Beta, Shadow is low-middle of the pack. But in my opinion, it doesn't matter where Shadow sits at right now, if you enjoy the mechanic changes - play it. Numbers change, and they change often.
    But if you're terribly concerned about numbers, the latest simcraft build:
    Hmm Arcane Mage looking good then atm, are they still the 2 button wonders?

p.s sorry for my lack of current knowledge, havent played in over a year :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olocause View Post
    Hmm Arcane Mage looking good then atm, are they still the 2 button wonders?

p.s sorry for my lack of current knowledge, havent played in over a year :-(
    I don't play a mage, so I wouldn't know off the top of my head. I recommend looking at the class/spec changes of whichever classes you're interested in playing, and then make a decision based off of that. But last I heard, the Demo mastery *may* be bugged on Simcraft.
    Remember that this is only the Beta, these numbers WILL change, they are STILL changing.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

With looking at that chart: are those numbers supposed to be what our actual dps numbers are or is that just a numerical rating for the classes? (I'm talking about the 6 digit number next to the bars, e.g. 110901 for priest)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaarh View Post
    With looking at that chart: are those numbers supposed to be what our actual dps numbers are or is that just a numerical rating for the classes? (I'm talking about the 6 digit number next to the bars, e.g. 110901 for priest)
    I'm not really sure what you mean, "numerical rating." But it's the actual numbers from simcraft.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

It's the actual simulated DPS when wearing BiS T14 heroic gear.

If you enjoy PVPing, Shadow Priests are in the best place they've been in years.

While in the past, Shadow Priests in Arena were "Viable" it was usually because they were accompanied by a team that was willing to heavily babysit them. In this latest patch, we are given tools that let us balance our own survival with strong outgoing damage.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    If you enjoy PVPing, Shadow Priests are in the best place they've been in years.

While in the past, Shadow Priests in Arena were "Viable" it was usually because they were accompanied by a team that was willing to heavily babysit them. In this latest patch, we are given tools that let us balance our own survival with strong outgoing damage.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ this times a million.
    Although we will probably be nerfed sooner or later to compensate for buffs we need in PvE.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

I'm not really sure what you mean, "numerical rating." But it's the actual numbers from simcraft.
    I figured it was going to be the actual DPS numbers, but the 'numerical rating' basically meant how 'good' they are for that certain sim. Yeah it made no sense. Thanks for the response though. It just seems crazy then that the numbers for DPS are that high.

What are the avg dps numbers for, say, someone in full dungeon heroic gear (blues) just going into raids? Seeing t14 heroic BiS etc. really skews my understanding of the kind of numbers an average non heroic raider should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured it was going to be the actual DPS numbers, but the 'numerical rating' basically meant how 'good' they are for that certain sim. Yeah it made no sense. Thanks for the response though. It just seems crazy then that the numbers for DPS are that high.

What are the avg dps numbers for, say, someone in full dungeon heroic gear (blues) just going into raids? Seeing t14 heroic BiS etc. really skews my understanding of the kind of numbers an average non heroic raider should be doing.
    I haven't been on the Beta for a while, so I'm honestly not sure. =/ I'd guess probably 60-70k, but I could be completely wrong.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

I haven't been on the Beta for a while, so I'm honestly not sure. =/ I'd guess probably 60-70k, but I could be completely wrong.
    Yeah. I've been pulling 43-45 in PvP/Some heroic blues so it's hard to base numbers off of PvP gear but I'm paranoid that I'm not putting out numbers that I want to be simply because the way the class is tuned virtually just doesn't allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I've been pulling 43-45 in PvP/Some heroic blues so it's hard to base numbers off of PvP gear but I'm paranoid that I'm not putting out numbers that I want to be simply because the way the class is tuned virtually just doesn't allow it.
    Have you tried simply simming yourself and seeing how close your DPS is to your simcraft results?
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Have you tried simply simming yourself and seeing how close your DPS is to your simcraft results?
    PM'd, as I don't want to take over this thread.

There are already a few topics that you could have used, we didn't need another one.
    Thread closed --Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~