Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    100% arp warriors or dks with shadowmourne in double healer 3s S8. Oh my 1 dps is doing more than both of yours? Oh we have 2 healers so none of us die? Oh our priest is mana burning you EVERY time he has a chance? Crazy fun to play against as an hpally...

Prot/holy pally + dk in 2s s6. Seriously my dk had like 5 keybinds and were only 110 rating under glad that season before we got lazy and stopped playing. I guess thats not a "horrible memory" consdering how easy it was but im guessing it was horrible for others.

S8 TSG 2.0 with triple shadowmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    State of resto druid atm. Whenever i que for Bg i ask myself why would i do it to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss old mage invis from beta, when you could see anyone while in it, move, and cast 1 spell. Stalk someone, invis, cast pyro, pom, pyro, HK.

BM hunters at start of TBC were out of controll. Same as in Wrath. I think they are best world PvPers in a game.

Windfury totem.

Ohhh, forgot about retaliation stacking on paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I miss old mage invis from beta, when you could see anyone while in it, move, and cast 1 spell. Stalk someone, invis, cast pyro, pom, pyro, HK.

BM hunters at start of TBC were out of controll. Same as in Wrath. I think they are best world PvPers in a game.

Windfury totem.

Ohhh, forgot about retaliation stacking on paladins.
    do you mean reckoning?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Persian View Post
    Most of them ragequit when trying to PvP though, and reroll a Mage which has the lowest skill cap of any class I've ever seen.
    Currently, mostly due to how popular fire is compared to frost (outside of RMP there's basically no place for them asides 2v2), mage skill cap is indeed pretty low - almost every class has been dumbed down, though, warriors hardly needing to change stance, warlocks not casting because felflame/SS are OP, rogues getting a ridiculously long immunity when vanished, resto shamans and moonkins not needing to cast enough, hunters not caring for their pets because they can just abandon and get a new one up/dismiss and spam freedoms/sacs, etc.

All that taken into account I'd say (frost) mages have a moderate skill cap even now and, even though I agree hunters have a considerable skill cap themselves, I don't think the difference between them and other classes is that massive. If pet control and CC were harder to manage then surely enough they'd be a very skillful class but until they fix how ridiculous hunter pets are and find some way to work around the amount of instant CC a hunter can dish out consistently and with extreme ease this is how I (and every other serious PvPer I know) see it.

Burning Crusade: healers becoming unkillable in 1on1 along with the pathetic and official argument why it has to be that way. It's getting worse and worse since then, at the moment most classes can't even bring healer mana down in 1on1 in a 15 minute fight.

PvP should always be balanced around 1on1, but this is a challenge Blizz is not willing to take. Therefor they say that everything is balanced for 3on3, which is just a lie, but in 3on3 it's easier to hide unbalanced things, as it's not as obvious as an 1on1 arena ladder would be. If 3on3 is balanced, why isn't it possible to be competitive with like 3x warrior or 3x hunter? Right, ONLY certain comps are competitive, that's the SAME thing as 1on1, where only a few classes (specs) would be competitive. No difference.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-08-16 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC and resto druids. Nrggg.

A lot of hate on stormherald in the hands of a warrior back in BC with that druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

RLS season 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm, all of it really, stupid C Smash in S9, stupider C Smash for the rest of the expansion, Lock + Shaman = Glad for all of Cata, Rogues buffed and buffed and buffed and buffed then handed legendaries and the most overpowered trinket ever put in the game, almost as if GC was dared to outdo season 5 DKs, he came close but of course failed like with everything he tries to do with WoW.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-08-16 at 06:52 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

[QUOTE=Charge me Doctor;18016578BM hunters at start of TBC were out of controll. Same as in Wrath. I think they are best world PvPers in a game.

/QUOTE]
    Hunters being the best pvpers in the game? Not sure if serious.. In fact out of any class they have had the lowest representation in the game in all brackets aside from maybe beast cleave in wrath.
    Last edited by fartman69; 2012-08-16 at 06:56 PM.

i think full armor pen warriors and shadowmourn tsg in s8 was not nearly as potent as legendary/cunning locks legendary/vial rogues are right now.

but the final season in an xpac has always been kind of a joke balance wise simply because pve gear has always scaled so very well. heres to hoping that the new pvp power/resil system will fix it.

WD and LD synergy in BC was retarded. sl/sl was a seriously scummy spec. prot healing paladins made me so unhappy. PRet being superior to pure ret made me angry. stunherald made me break a headset.

personally i have zero respect for casters right now. particularly fire mages and boomkins. i'm sick of being soloed by dots and instant casts. i remember putting a lot of effort into learning how to fake cast and juke. that a lot of damage casters can just opt out of it due to the power of their dots is really insulting.

lets not get into losing matchs to the pillar DC bug.....
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Mace stun or sword spec in tbc, resto druids could be annoying as well.

WotLK pre patch filled with ret pallys (seemed like everyone had a pally alt ready to play)

s5 filled with DK's and pallys. Dual engineering on pallys before they could bubble sure was fun though. 1v1 vs ret pally and I nearly killed myself while he was stunned due to ret aura and eye for an eye

s6 buffing druids too much making them a bitch to kill

Losing 3's from double warriors just charging in and using bladestorm and win (before disarms)

s5 explosive shot stunning you sure was fun as well
    Last edited by Bjarne; 2012-08-16 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    As for everyone contributing to the topic, you all make some valid and interesting points.

1+ to Obelodalix for an excellent post aswell, QFT.

Oh well, just to fan the flames I'll have to add the current ridiculous DoT damage by Shadow Priests and Boomkins, even when you have high resilience their DoTs can easily eat a good amount of your health, and if they've stacked Spell Penetration they can be EXTREMELY brutal combined with heroic PvE trinkets like Cunning of the Cruel or whatever it is called.

Once saw someone eat a 50K Mind Blast, was one of my biggest "WTF!?" moments in PvP so far. Checked the poor victim which was a Warrior out, he had full Ruthless, properly gemmed and enchanted etc and ended up with almost 4K resilience. I then checked the Shadow Priest out and I have to admit she really deserved that 50K Mind Blast for her gear.

She had literally NO piece of PvP gear, she was decked in full Heroic PvE gear with PvE enchants, sockets etc etc. She managed to almost completely solo the entire WSG (I'm being serious here, I mean ofc she had the other team members with her but still).

Why am I surprised she was a Human..
    Last edited by mmocc53974f776; 2012-08-16 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    BC and resto druids. Nrggg.

A lot of hate on stormherald in the hands of a warrior back in BC with that druid.
    This goes both ways.

Resto was the only way you could play arena, and then you'd have potentially infinite matches against RDruid/RShaman + Hunter/WL/Warrior only to get blown up by Rogue + Mage in a couple of minutes the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Representation isn't everything, it means most of the people playing hunter are idiots, because ironically hunters are one of the strongest classes at this very moment, and if you have issues with doing well while playing a hunter, it's not your partners fault, it's your own, because hunters atm, can pull off some preety retarded feats if they know how to use their pets.
    EDIT: Just to contribute, it's s11 and s8, due to LSD in s8 and RLS in s11, both annoy me to no end
    Even though hunters are alright in PvP, they're not wanted for the most part in high level RBGs and are not as optimal as a caster when it comes to 5's too, mainly due to dotcleave. I'll go as far as they're just not as viable, since the majority of leaders will avoid them.
    They do shine as double DPS in 2's to an extent, and 3's where they're the strongest in, so of course they have their strengths in those brackets. I've been PvP'ing as a hunter since s4, earning duelist every season, but just not enough for glad so I'm speaking from exp here. Of course every class has its strengths and weaknesses, but it can be very punishing for newcomers who wish to play one as their first PvP class as there's a number of things like kiting, CC'ing well to try and not get it eaten, etc.

It's also safe to say it's harder to find a good and high rated hunter than a high rated mage or warlock for example, so representation does serve a purpose. You can't say everyone playing a hunter is bad, as surely the class has its limitations too and the skill cap that holds back most of the players.
    In addition, the the fact that they cannot solo competent healers, reset a fight and being extremely susceptible to dot damage also makes them very fragile and one of the best targets to just train on.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-08-16 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent frost mage vs. Any skill-level hunter.

Once a frost mage is good enough to spellsteal master's call, there is nothing else a hunter can do but weep. Of course, currently, hunters are the worst class to play as any spec in pvp right now, but still, a world-class hunter can beat any other class of decent skill except a frost mage, which are invulnerable to hunters.

Deleted
    Blood dk's not too long ago

Deleted
    Rogues with Warglaives (trololol time?) and still not dying (Vanish then run away like a coward), just spamming every single annoying CC / silence / whatever and being immune to every single from of magic. Then he comes back with full HP cos Recuperate should heal to full in 10 seconds.

So yeh, Rogues basically.

3.0 Ret pallies. I mean is this really up for debate?