Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I cry everytime I see one of the idiotic negative comments about the cinematic...
    "This cinematic was shit!"
    "wtf childish shit"
    "I have outgrown warcraft"

I guess I'll just have to remind myself that if some of these commenters that are claiming they are so fucking mature, and enjoys warcraft for it's "seriousness and maturity", are anywhere near my age, there has to be something really wrong with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    There is a difference, you don't see grown up man playing with teddy bears and when you do you know something is wrong. There are things that are "childish" and there are things for kids. Teddy bear pandas are for kids.
    Well you know, being they are located in California and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    [1] The "Kung-Fu Panda" jokes have been beaten to death. Show some testicular fortitude and come up with something original as an attempted insult. I'll make popcorn meantime.
    [2] Loved the trailer; especially when the Pandaren puts the hammer back in place/adjusts it with the bow-staff, and the "oh snap, here take this weapon" moment. Hysterical!
    [3] Am I the only one feeling a veiled nod to Pirates of the Caribbean, in regards to the gunship scene at least?

Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    very nicely done =) reminds me of kung-fu panda and pirates of caribbean and wow
    The human looks like that guy in Pirates of the caribbean (Jack handman)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chen destroyed both of them , omfg ive watched it like 10 times alrdy LOL , Best cinematic since Warcraft 3 Soooo win AAAHHH

I like that finally, it isnt all about the doom and gloom, maybe the Panda's can show the alliance and horde a little humility and honor. Btw, a movie with that cgi would be pretty good.

So, with this trailer, Blizzard just confirmed that the game will still be unbalanced as the Monk basically just toyed with both the Human and the Orc like they were a warm up! GG Blizz.

Reminds me a lot of Warcraft 3's Opening Cinematic, i liked that it didn't show the end boss or whatever instead showing the conflict between the Horde And Alliance with Chen calming that conflict.
    Fits really well with the theme of patch 5.0

People still don't understand that this isn't like other xpacs? Your getting story in patches not everything at once the Pandarian and the island of Pandaria are only patch 5.0 after that your going to get the Horde vs Alliance story. (And whatever else)

People have been asking for something different since Wrath and this did it for me.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-08-16 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    In my opinion it was an awful cinematic for WoW.

When we think about WoW and the previous cinematics, there was always a sense of urgency, here ther eis none whatsoever, there is jokes and things like when the Panda put the hammer back and then hit it with his stick to have it properly placed, that just ruined it for me.

There needed to be more talking, like all the previous cinematics, just watching a fight between a human and an orc didn't do much for me.
    TBC cinematic. Warlock hellfiring the murlocs and the mage polymorphing his opponent - both very comical. This is WoW humour through and through. This trailer was epic. It's the essence of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Sorry whiners, but pre-determined hate isn't an opinion anyone cares about.

"worst trailer ever seen"? Were you born last week?

There's so much detail and thought in every second of the cinematic, yet there are the few plaguebringers in here that can only see one thing "pandas, and pandas are childish 0 / 10 wah"

Go away.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The only part that really bugged me was the human and orc fighting with each other against the pandaren. Makes no sense, and totally killed the awesome vibe the first part of the trailer had.

What should have happened was after the monk interrupted them the first time, they just shrug and keep fighting. A second time, and they're slightly confused, but still are at each others throats. Finally, a third time and the monk knocks both of them away and as they scramble to grab their weapons, he pulls back the mist and reveals the continent. Leaves a sense of wonder, conflict, and mysticism.

Humour is perfectly acceptable in these things (as people have pointed out, the polymorphing mage etc.) but is not necessary, especially when it takes away from what many people were hoping to be one of the major themes of the expansion. It's like the trailer said to us, "Well, we were going to bring the conflict to the forefront of the expansion, but it's not worth it". Just listen to the narrator.

Overall, I enjoyed it - it was entertaining - but in no way did it excite me for the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me this was by far the worst trailer. It didn't make any sense, and it wasn't showing what I was hoping to see. A Sha, and the darker side of Mists of Pandaria, instead we once again see an Orc and a Human side by side.

Doesn't hold a candle to any of the other xpac intros. Those had momentous stories behind it - this is just "hey, new island." It's still visually beautiful, though, as is par for the course for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2012-08-16 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    [3] Am I the only one feeling a veiled nod to Pirates of the Caribbean, in regards to the gunship scene at least?

Should of panned the camera back and forth from the two boats with the Orc and Human's shouting "FIREEEEE" XD

15+ Year Old Account
    First off, humor has been in WoW ALWAYS. Hell, look at that super epic OMG BEST CINEMATIC EVER trailer for TBC. What does it have? A Mage turning someone into a sheep and a Warlock killing some Murlocs who promptly go MURGLGRLGLRLGRMGL.

Second, that was pretty dark for trailer all the way till the end reveal of Pandaria. Two ships in the darkness blowing each other up, dozens of soldiers dying in the wake, two stranded commanders fighting in the dark, and then Chen shows up. Things don't have to be dark to be mature. Just because they went with a lighter color palette for the end doesn't mean you're getting snshine and lollipops, and even if you did...who doesn't like sunshine and lollipops? What's wrong with you? They're freaking lollipops! Shit's delicious.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That was utterly brilliant. It showed exactly what Warcraft is. Lighthearted, fun, mysterious and yet capable of implementing hatred, warfare and conquest. Brilliant!

We are going back to adventure, so we don't need to focus on a big bad guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That was utterly brilliant. It showed exactly what Warcraft is. Lighthearted, fun, mysterious and yet capable of implementing hatred, warfare and conquest. Brilliant!
    This is so full of shit, I can smell it through the interwebz.

Horde fight Alliance, and that's the way it goes. You're telling me a panda is going to all of a sudden stop this with some fancy stick work and a carebear "worth fighting" type statement? I don't think so.

The trailer wholly represents where WoW is now (summed up by one word): SOFT
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Meh. Graphically well made, no arguing here.

However. Initial athmosphere was copy-pasted directly from Pirates of the Caribbean. Then fight human vs. orc, that's new and awesome... oh wait. As soon as the panda enters it reminded mildly of a Disney Pixar feature, will all those fast movements and subtile small gags. I'd have avoided such references if I was Blizzard, but it seems they need stolen appeal even more. Then as the fog clears the "plot" of the trailer is abandoned and it ends with a panorama view of Pandaria, that's it. A propper conclusion is missing entirely.

I'm not really disappointed since I didn't expect much. Well at least they didn't let me down on this.
    Heaven forbid anyone in the industry used previous ideas from pop culture. Oh wait, that is all throughout the entertainment industry. Not to mention in WoW itself all the references to pop culture.

Get over it, it was great. The expansion will be great. If you dont like Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon then dont roll one and dont collect them all. Otherwise just stop paying, playing and complaining.

Even though I dont play anymore and won't in future, I do like this cinematic very mucho!