Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Is it ever ok to interrupt your MG/DS channel to refresh dots and/or cast Haunt or should you always let the channel finish?
    Get an addon that shows tick-marks on your channels. Try to wait until just after a tick to refresh, unless it's like a half second window of like all your procs being up at once, in which case getting all that SB:SS'd is more important.

Or really probably any single powerful proc is more important for full-duration dots than any single tick of MG/DS ... except possibly if it'd be your 2nd tick of DS in a row and you'd miss out on a shard that you really need.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Hey what to you thing about my warlock (Yamii from EU-Illidan) ?

I'm going to play my old lock on the main raid (they don't want my feral anymore T_T) and I want to ask you if I should keep my T15 gloves or my durumu gloves (same ilvl but with an extra socket and no crit) knowing that it will break my 4 pieces ?

Is it wise to go for 10700 haste (extra tick of agony during any 30% haste buff : meta, DS or lust) knowing that I won't sacrifice any mastery for that or do I stick to the average 9778 haste breakpoint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamii View Post
    Hey what to you thing about my warlock (Yamii from EU-Illidan) ?

I'm going to play my old lock on the main raid (they don't want my feral anymore T_T) and I want to ask you if I should keep my T15 gloves or my durumu gloves (same ilvl but with an extra socket and no crit) knowing that it will break my 4 pieces ?

Is it wise to go for 10700 haste (extra tick of agony during any 30% haste buff : meta, DS or lust) knowing that I won't sacrifice any mastery for that or do I stick to the average 9778 haste breakpoint ?
    I would just stick with the 9778 breakpoint. My reasoning for this is you are going to be overriding/updating your dot's anyways a good portion of the time.

In regards to breaking up the 4pc, I never thought it was really that great to begin with, so I feel like which ever provides the better stat gain and such should be okay. Couple that with the fact SoO is less than a week away (speculating) and you will be replacing regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamii View Post
    I found that it was only worth it breaking the 4 piece with 3 higher ilevel items. I have hc tf robes and gloves and I'm only using the gloves, to keep the 4 piece. At least it's what sims higher.

Deleted
    ok thanks for the replies but i'm gonna stick this amount of haste just for the boost of single target damage because my raid is farming the content for the moment. So it's all about burst damage..

Edit : Nevermind I'll go 9778 haste in the end
    Last edited by mmoc4655adffc8; 2013-08-21 at 08:29 PM.

Is it ever worth it to gem Expertise/Haste or Mastery with Mainly ToT reg gear? Or rather in General.

Deleted
    Hey, I got my heroic chest/hands last night. I dropped my 4set. Was that a good move for affliction? (Armory in sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Hey, I got my heroic chest/hands last night. I dropped my 4set. Was that a good move for affliction? (Armory in sig)
    You didn't really gain much stats by that change to off set the loss on MG/DS dmg provided from 4pc (for 1-2 target fights at least), but seeing how miserable MG's dmg is in 5.4, you definitely wanna keep that setup for SoO.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-22 at 12:29 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You didn't really gain much stats by that change to off set the loss on MG/DS dmg provided from 4pc (for 1-2 target fights at least), but seeing how miserable MG's dmg is in 5.4, you definitely wanna keep that setup for SoO.
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah i thought about that, since soon the 4set would be less appealing.

head/shoulders t15 then whatever 2p from t16 together with a strong off-piece is what I'll go for next patch. I'd advice everyone to do everything to get that hc t15 2p if they have iron qon and twins on farm. if you can get your guild to understand how bad new 4p is so you only need 2p you should be able to get prio on that first week(s) of SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    head/shoulders t15 then whatever 2p from t16 together with a strong off-piece is what I'll go for next patch. I'd advice everyone to do everything to get that hc t15 2p if they have iron qon and twins on farm. if you can get your guild to understand how bad new 4p is so you only need 2p you should be able to get prio on that first week(s) of SoO.
    Chest/Shoulders hc from t15 would be more advisable, if you have access to them. Head and gloves will make the 2 pc from t16, they're the only 2 pieces that don't have crit on them.

Deleted
    i see your point, but i would say that you'd definately want the t16 gloves and helm as they both have mastery/haste on them, making them very good for demo and afflic alike and you'll most like not want to take t16 legs either as there are mastery/haste versions of those as well, so that really only leaves you with t15 hc shoulders and t15 chest as viable options in my opinion and sadly for me, we havent killed dark animus hc and wont kill him b4 5.4 anyways, ofc you could just say screw it and go for 4 t16 pieces and legs off pieces, since the 4pc bonus isnt too bad, its better than those for demo and destro atleast.

I'd say get T16 Helm/Gloves and forget about T15 pieces entirely and just go for full offpieces from SoO with desirable stats (ie: Haste/Mastery or any combination with Hit). Even now T15 bonuses for Affliction are hardly worth it considering you can get pieces with much better stats (and higher ilvl) which outweigh the mediocre set bonus.

I guess we'll have to wait and see some SimCraft numbers. I want to stick to T15 2p for the new AV but I also don't know how many fights we'll be using it on. If we end up using KJC on a majority of the fights the gearing process becomes more straightforward.

I'm talking mainly about first 1-2 weeks. After that with some heroic bosses on farm we'll obviously drop T15 gear fast. Also tokens are more likely to drop than good off-pieces.

T15 head and shoulders I'm mainly keeping because of lower item budget than chest/legs (not head but thats IMO our strongest T15 piece). Plus we have great chest/legs available from Ra-Den that both work as the off-piece and allows us to pass on normal gear to focus on heroic pieces if we're only going for a 2-piece from SoO.

I'm still probably going to use DA TF helm w/ Tier shoulders and forget T15 bonuses still. Not too worried about AD paired with T15 since you're already swimming in shards so the extra duration likely won't be worth it.

yeah new soul swap will leave us with more shards as well. we'll see when there's finally simcraft numbers out what matters and not.

The ilvl upgrade alone will be enough reason to break the t15 two set.

With as soft as most of the set bonuses are looking for aff and the beatdown MG/DS/gosac are taking I'm beginning to think just going for the highest ilvl haste/mastery piece you can find will trump the cheese of the set bonuses. At least for normal where you are transitioning from T15 heroic or HTF T15 to normal SoO gear.

do you guys think it will be the same for demo? looks like it will be the specs to bring with stat prios seeming to stay the same etc. I just don't want to be a dick and grab everything with our guild basically having free for all on loot.

Deleted
    do you guys think it will be the same for demo? looks like it will be the specs to bring with stat prios seeming to stay the same etc. I just don't want to be a dick and grab everything with our guild basically having free for all on loot.
    i think this question would be better off in the 5.4 thread but here goes.

well, demo will have very close to the same stat weight as afflic but i think they would go for more crit due to the whole UVLS rppm thing and glyph of EA being removed but yeah, in general, it should be the same assuming mastery will be our stat of choice and demo wanting more crit shouldnt really be an issue anyway, there are plenty of pieces with crit, but i think the mastery/haste will overall be less desirable for demo tho, due to wanting crit a lot more.