I reach at 1,69kk burst at Protectors and maintain 1,3kk~ until first transition, what I did is basically:

Pre-pot -> Doomguard -> Coe -> SB:SS -> 2x MG -> SB:SS with full procs > SS to one bosse > Haunt it > SS to another boss and haunt it and I SS and haunt every boss until first transition, and try to maintain this buffed dots, mainly Agony wich have the biggest duration in the adds and boss the longer I could.

It was my first kill and it was far from perfect and I did not ranked in top50 - only top100~, but if it helped u, here my logs.

My logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1842&e=2397
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-10-10 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I peak at over 872k in my single target opener you pretty much open the exact same way, the difference being that after you soulburn soulswap the super dots on you soul swap them around instead of immediately going into an mg channel. If I get really really luck with Nightfall procs I can sometimes afford to multi-haunt an extra target as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I obtained HC WF Totem afterwards, and while this will help my performance extremely
    Coined this myself last night, my dps went through the roof.

For protectors open with Haunt - > SB:SS - MG for 1/2 seconds for procs - SB:SS again. Inhale/Exhale to all mobs. SB:SS again when your stacking trinkets are at max/before any of your first procs fall off. Inhale/Exhale to all mobs. Keep Haunt up on one and MG him.

From then on use one mob as your primary target to re-apply buffed dots and spread via soul swap.

If you want to get a 1m+ opener there you just need good trinkets/gear (aka 10 stack of black blood on all 3 mobs). Yes, it really, really does make a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post

For protectors open with Haunt - > SB:SS - MG for 1/2 seconds for procs - SB:SS again. Inhale/Exhale to all mobs. SB:SS again when your stacking trinkets are at max/before any of your first procs fall off. Inhale/Exhale to all mobs. Keep Haunt up on one and MG him.

From then on use one mob as your primary target to re-apply buffed dots and spread via soul swap.

If you want to get a 1m+ opener there you just need good trinkets/gear (aka 10 stack of black blood on all 3 mobs). Yes, it really, really does make a difference.
    Aight. I got HC WF Totem+BB (normal) now, and its ridic... I went from being slightly ahead on Malkorok, to being ahead by 5%. Granted, I am the best geared dps now, but still - Affliction scales insanely with those 2!

Thanks for good tips, to the 3 people above.

Deleted
    I need some advice which trinkets I should choose. I have bboy, wushu hc and flex bindings. bboy + bindings sims 10k higher than bboy + wushu with the new simcraft build, but I doubt it. any conclusions?

Deleted

So it's never worth it to haunt multiple target? Even with buffed dots from the opener ?

That's what i was doing so i guess i was wrong then.
    I'm doing 310-320k on Protector N with 545 ilvl but I feel like I could do way more... I only have normal trinket from ToT though
    Last edited by mmoc4a7df219e1; 2013-10-10 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyyu View Post
    I need some advice which trinkets I should choose. I have bboy, wushu hc and flex bindings. bboy + bindings sims 10k higher than bboy + wushu with the new simcraft build, but I doubt it. any conclusions?
    I stated my opinion many times over in this thread and others, but I'll do it again. BBoY is by far the best trinket in your list. That one I think no one will argue. After that I think Wushoolay is miles ahead of Bindings. The proc is just so much better that the passives don't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyyu View Post
    I would not use Flex bindings over Wushoolay's Heroic as Affli, and I find it hard to believe it sims higher either, let alone by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingZ View Post
    So it's never worth it to haunt multiple target? Even with buffed dots from the opener ?

That's what i was doing so i guess i was wrong then.
    I'm doing 310-320k on Protector N with 445 ilvl but I feel like I could do way more... I only have normal trinket from ToT though
    I think you are kinda lowergeared to SoO

But serious, in my kill last night, I was getting so many Soul shards procs than I just could keep haunt only in one target and even haunting everyone I was still with 2 or 3 shards in first transition.

I feel that, if u have so many SS procs like me, it's better afford keep haunt in everyone for a couple times than MG when this "soulshards sea" get dry.

But I can be wrong. o/

Deleted
    Woops, sorry for that one, it was 545 obviously.

Yeah that's what i was thinking, so i will keep doing it.
    I still use SB:SS some times when i shouldn't, it may be where I loose some dps then.

Thank you for your answer
    Last edited by mmoc4a7df219e1; 2013-10-10 at 02:34 PM.

I have been looking at some charts but can't make sense out of what trinket to use for my warlock. I've got 3 of them and wish to know the combo to use.

iLvl 522: Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
    iLvl 502: Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (731 crit, 487 mastery REFORGE)
    iLvl 496: Yu'lon's Bite

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Firkraag; 2013-10-10 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    No mention of Doomguard?

Would Heroic wush be better than heroic binding @ 551 Ilvl?

So bindings is really better than KTT at 560+ ilvl? ICD just seems so much worse than RPPM for aff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    So bindings is really better than KTT at 560+ ilvl? ICD just seems so much worse than RPPM for aff
    I guess heroic bindings will > normal KTT and vise versa, but I think you need 570+ for bindings to be > KTT assuming same ilvl on trinket.

ICD ain't worse, the proc is just not as great as the KTT proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I guess heroic bindings will > normal KTT and vise versa, but I think you need 570+ for bindings to be > KTT assuming same ilvl on trinket.

ICD ain't worse, the proc is just not as great as the KTT proc.
    It's worse in some fights. With bindings you basically take for granted that in order to use the trinket properly you'll be able to sync dark soul and the proc, but if the proc is at a shitty time you're not getting another for the next 2 minutes. In more predictable fights bindings is really strong though.

Deleted
    It's been said many times but one of the main issues (for me at least) is the fact that bindings doesn't reliably proc on the pull, or even within the first 10 seconds.

On protectors hc progress today I could burst for 1.2M or 700k, depending on when it procced. I'll use Wush with it on sunday. Really sucks, especially for progression where your guild isn't that good and relies on you for consistent damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    It's been said many times but one of the main issues (for me at least) is the fact that bindings doesn't reliably proc on the pull, or even within the first 10 seconds.

On protectors hc progress today I could burst for 1.2M or 700k, depending on when it procced. I'll use Wush with it on sunday. Really sucks, especially for progression where your guild isn't that good and relies on you for consistent damage.
    I have actually had the trinket not proc for the entirety of bloodlust before finally proccing 51s into the fight. Cheeky.

If I can ever get my hands on BBoY I will definitely be using KTT/BBoY for just about every encounter as affliction. Bindings is pretty fantastic for destro though, the late proc often works in its favor.

I am at 556 ilvl and I am confused as to which trinkets to use.

I have:

Warforged Normal Immersus Trinket
    Normal KTT
    Heroic Wushoolays