So 9778 haste then rest into mastery is the way to go now for 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    So 9778 haste then rest into mastery is the way to go now for 5.4?
    Do we even need to be at 9778 if we are going Destro as off spec instead of Demo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Do we even need to be at 9778 if we are going Destro as off spec instead of Demo?
    well no, but depending on your gear, you wont be able to get lower. in SoO normal gear, even when taking as much mastery gear as you can, you'll reach a point where you're closer to the 13737 haste breakpoint than the 9778 BP, i think i got it to around 12,8k haste and 18Kish mastery when taking BiS items and either way, unless you reforge everytime you switch offspecs, you'll have to decide which spec you want to be optimal and which spec you want to be less optimal as the stat weights arent the same for afflic and destro but i will say this tho, you can make destro work with the 9778 haste breakpoint but it will get worse as you get more of it IMO.

(post UVLS) I have some probs with affliction aoe, lets say 5 mobs. First i SS/Sb a targetm then a SS onto others. while i keep spamming SOC. Am i doing anything wrong i dont have Leg cloack but all my guilds beat me on almost every trash(they have a cloak).
    we have a hunter, unholy dk fury warr.......

I just changed from 13737 to 9778, then rest into mastery. I'm consistently getting lower dps after testing on a raid dummy. My tests were done over the course of dpsing the dummies for 5 minutes. Lost about 6 - 7k dps after switching to 9778. Would this change with full raid buffs? (Did the tests with no raid buffs.) I feel like I'm getting a ton of more shards with 13737 as oppose to 9778
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-09-24 at 10:35 PM.

I just changed from 13737 to 9778, then rest into mastery. I'm consistently getting lower dps after testing on a raid dummy. My tests were done over the course of dpsing the dummies for 5 minutes. Lost about 6 - 7k dps after switching to 9778. Would this change with full raid buffs? (Did the tests with no raid buffs.) I feel like I'm getting a ton of more shards with 13737 as oppose to 9778

There's no point testing a Haste breakpoint without haste buff.

is it worth going for mastery+expertise in red, if you can reforge hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    is it worth going for mastery+expertise in red, if you can reforge hit?
    Yes if you don't increase your crit chance this way because 80 int is more worthy than 160 crit from any reforge.

@Violetti

Your avatar + the recent nerfs = laughs!
    Last edited by toxicrusader; 2013-09-30 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Homerta View Post
    I have the same stat for the moment 9.8k haste and around 12.5k mastery. When I use simcraft with 13k haste and around 8/9 k mastery it's a 1.5k dps increase..
    So I really don't understand why all locks still going on 9k haste..
    That's a simmed, ergo most likely Patchwerk ideal circumstances and near-perfect execution, 0.5% DPS increase? Hardly significant.

Haste is a mono-stat
    Mastery is a multi-stat.

This is grossly exagerated and will make every theoricrafter scream, but you will get the point.

Is it worth getting Grimoire of Sacrifice for afflic now? From what ilvl should I take it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Is it worth getting Grimoire of Sacrifice for afflic now? From what ilvl should I take it?
    No. In Iron Juggernaut(single target, some movement) observer did 9.6% of my damage. And I calculated that GoSac would have done 5.6%.

Deleted
    well that makes sense, more haste is single target dps buff, but more mastery is a multitarget buff, so testing the 9778 on single target should result in a nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    GoSac at this junction is a waste of space on yout talent tree as afflic.

Deleted
    Shouldnt seed be used first, and then haunt last because haunt increases all dot damage for 8 second, and if i use haunt first the seconds go waste because there are no dots during the first few seconds until i cast all of the dots

seed of corruption first because the final burst may go to waste if target dies before that, unless ofc there are other mobs around then it doesnt matter

is it better to use the gems mentioned in the guide if my gear doesnt allow me to reforge for the 9778 bp? Or should i use a few haste gems to reach that bp. i have a 541 ilvl.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kalshen/simple
    Last edited by Kalshen; 2013-09-25 at 10:36 AM. Reason: added armory link

Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    is it better to use the gems mentioned in the guide if my gear doesnt allow me to reforge for the 9778 bp? Or should i use a few haste gems to reach that bp. i have a 541 ilvl.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kalshen/simple
    If you are close to the break point, you should gem some haste to reach the breakpoint.
    At ilvl 541 i dont think anyone should be under 9778 haste though.

ive got a lot of nasty crit gear cause drops have sucked. with out the gems im around 8.5 i believe thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    (post UVLS) I have some probs with affliction aoe, lets say 5 mobs. First i SS/Sb a targetm then a SS onto others. while i keep spamming SOC. Am i doing anything wrong i dont have Leg cloack but all my guilds beat me on almost every trash(they have a cloak).
    we have a hunter, unholy dk fury warr.......
    Its just how it is. They are going to out aoe/cleave you every day of the week and twice on Tuesdays. Affliction aoe is very weak and we all know it. I will take being at the bottom of the trash dps charts for being at the top of what really counts. Your aoe rotation is fine the way you have presented it.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    No. In Iron Juggernaut(single target, some movement) observer did 9.6% of my damage. And I calculated that GoSac would have done 5.6%.
    Maybe with 2tp and Kardris Totem the dmg would be more even, but nowdays with the 20% nerf it's pretty complicated use Gosac until you are super high-ilvled.

Gosac would be 30% again, this at least would make it viable with KTT, 2tp and ilvl 565~