Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    OP give us a description of the job, then offer it to me

<----- Not lazing, and willing to work, as long as its not for like minimum wage, or anything
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnyCrash View Post
    Lazy people will simply take my requirements as another excuse not to work and won't apply.
    I would see your requirements as requirements and not apply because I have better things to do than waste my time applying for jobs I won't get because I don't have the experience or knowledge required. If they're requirements, one would assume they are a required prerequisite to employment.

As I said, good excuse.
    Based on that being your only response when people have asked plenty of legitimate questions, I wouldn't work for you. You sound like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    As a fellow employer I know your pain ... what I see in the new generation scares the shit out of me , when I think the future economy of the country will be based in that workforce .
    What position are you trying to fill? Are you involved in the training process or are you just involved in hiring? Is the compensation reasonable for the work load?

At OP: I worked in a grocery store in high school in the 80s and shockingly enough, there were people like me, who busted their butts and there were the slackers who would not show up on weekend nights, pretend to be sick at 8:30 on weekends so they didn't have to stay and close.

Young people are neither more or less lazy than any other generation. Lazy is the norm and finding good employees takes work and realizing that you need to treat the good ones well.

I'm a business owner now and I pay much higher wages than in my area and give every employee full benefits and have absolutely no problem getting good young employees. I seldom have to fire anyone because the job is so clearly better than most offerings in my area that anyone who gets hired very much wants to stay.

In other words, if you want quality employees, offer a quality job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    How is that an excuse? Having been in that situation before, after applying to over 100 places before finally finding a place that would take me with no experience, I found that it's a complete waste of my time to run around chasing an employer around like a dog if they required prior experience, even if it was clear the position was something a simpleton could learn in a week.

The audacity of expecting people with no prior experience to apply for a position that requires prior experience, and then making it clear you don't respect them is astounding. It's your own fault if you don't attract good enough workers.
    Is it that hard to lie? If you want the job and know the stuff it isn't that hard. If you don't.. well, good luck! or learn the stuff and lie.

From my experience, the people, who don't have any experience, but are willing lie and to cover this fact, turn out to be the best employees.
    Last edited by mmocc51917547a; 2012-08-17 at 07:02 PM.

Blanket statements are cool man.
    I'm 19, and i'm self employed with my own landscaping "business" that I run and handle myself. It isn't fair to call it an established business, but I still have more than my fair share of clients (That extend beyond family friends, etc).

Honestly, if you want to blame anyone in this situation, blame the shithead generation that raised us, who are renowned for their helicopter parenting and ass-kissing. Somewhere along the line, there was a change in mentality that everyones child is "special" and "unique" and pretty much the greatest thing in the world, and as such, you need to kiss their ass and give them an undeserved sense of entitlement. My generation makes me sick, but pointing fingers is really easy...

Is it that hard to lie? If you want the job and know the stuff it isn't that hard. If you don't.. well, good luck!

From my experience, the people, who don't have any experience, but are willing lie and to cover this fact, turn out to be the best employees.
    As a business owner, did you seriously just condone lying on an application/resume? Are you fucking kidding me? You complain about the current generations work ethic, then condone lying on an application to ensure you get a job. Sure, my resumes and applications are full of bullshit (Aka best version of the truth), but you're getting yourself into some deeper waters by lying on an application, regardless of what kind of previous experience the employer is requesting.

Is it that hard to lie? If you want the job and know the stuff it isn't that hard. If you don't.. well, good luck!

Liars are the absolute worst employees.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

You're not serious. You are not serious. As an employer, you are absolutely not for real. I would never lie about my experience to a potential employer. That's not only a good way to not get a job, but a good way to get fired after the fact if they find out you lied. It would become glaringly obvious they have no experience anyway when you leave them to do their thing on their own and they have no idea what they're doing.

Do you seriously want a dishonest employee? I mean, if they're lying to you about their prior work experience, what else could they be lying to you about?

stereotype. Im 19 and work 70+ hours a week for close to minimum wage.

Is it that hard to lie? If you want the job and know the stuff it isn't that hard. If you don't.. well, good luck! or learn the stuff and lie.

I actually laughed, not only do you expect people to lie on their resume but you actually encourage it. I don't lie to my employer because I'm not a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    There are people who are lazy and there are people who are not!
    It's unfortunate that you haven't had much luck in the latter, but you cannot include everyone and say they are all lazy...
    I agree here, although, I will say that the vast majority of the people I've spoken too really are lazy. There is a reason behind it though, these days (and this is true) a lot of parents don't make their kids do ANYTHING, usually hiding behind reasons like "We want them to have a better life than us." Even schools these days are teaching kids to be lazier and lazier, offering classes done exclusively on computers, making things easier, cutting out things that will help them in the real world, etc.

There's a bunch of reasons really, but not every single young person is lazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Liars are the absolute worst employees.
    Again, good excuse. I wish you good luck in your life, you will need it.

Again, good excuse. I wish you good luck in your life, you will need it.
    where is my job offer?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You know, I am owner of a company and I am often looking for a young people, however this has been almost impossible during last couple of years. The thing is, young people are so lazy, that I have to be officially looking for people with experience and good knowledge of stuff to separate the lazy trash. Lazy people will simply take my requirements as another excuse not to work and won't apply. Of course, I am willing to employ young person that doesnt know that much, but he has to be willing to learn and work, two extremly rare qualities these days. It isn't even that hard to lie a bit on interview and then work a bit extra during few months, but apparently it is for young people.

I can't even imagine how is this situation going to turn out in 5-10 years, This will be the time, when most of the parents will shut the support of their 30 year old "kid" and leave them to take care of themself alone. This huge mass of uneployable people will be problem that big, that it will be probably impossible to solve.

However I still don't understand why are these guys so lazy. Please someone explain this mystery to me.

im a young person that works with old people. i wonder myself: why do old people act ignorant to certain tasks so they dont have to complete them?

O WAIT I KNOW.... CUZ THEY ARE LAZY <BLANKS>
    Last edited by greatestlockever; 2012-08-17 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was going to reply to this but then i was too lazy

in all seriousness, young people arent lazy they just have a need for instant gratification because of how they are raised in such a world where everything is handed to them.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I actually laughed, not only do you expect people to lie on their resume but you actually encourage it. I don't lie to my employer because I'm not a scumbag.
    It's not about being a scumbag, it is about wanting the job so bad that you are willing to do anything to get it.

It's not hard to figure out. With technology has come a lazy generation. But usually young kids are just that, kids. When they grow older they do mature and wake up eventually. Thus becoming more responsible and hard working. Keyword being "usually".

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i was going to reply to this but then i was too lazy

in all seriousness, young people arent lazy they just have a need for instant gratification because of how they are raised in such a world where everything is handed to them.
    i think you mean a world where everything is instantly accessible.

It's not about being a scumbag, it is about wanting the job so bad that you are willing to do anything to get it.
    I'll kill, give me a job now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go back under your bridge. You aren't real.