Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was having a play around with a couple of things last night during our DS raid and mainly have a couple of points about the Wild Imps glyph.

I found that it was really useful to get that initial boost of fury in order to get meta up pronto at the start of a fight. In addition to this it can effectively increase your fury cap beyond 1000 if you pop it just as you enter your meta phase. This lets you burst for a longer period and could potentially turn the glyph into a dps benefit. Obviously this is situational - but I found that having the fury on demand when I wanted it was a lot more flexible while I am adjusting to the revamp.

It was also useful to either increase burst on the first tendon or allow for more fury generation between 1st/2nd tendon on each plate on spine/between different blood phases on YS in order to AOE much more frequently than the more static meta cooldown we had before this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really important to have Metamorphosis keybound to the easiest possible key for your fingers to reach.
    I put Metamorphosis on 'r' because my Left index finger is always close to 'r'

I can pop in and out of meta during global cooldowns so there is virtually no time ever lost in the interval between my a caster spells and demonic form spells.

I tend to avoid macroing Meta into any other spell,

i prefer to hit 'r' to enter meta, then corruption(Doom) (button 3 for me), then 'r' again to drop meta, in rapid succession to put Doom up rather than create a 'Doom macro'

same thing goes for burning excess fury with ToC ,in which i hit 'r' then Shadow Bolt(ToC) (button 1 for me) a few times then 'r' again to drop meta.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-30 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Hi all, i am the only one to experience some bug in demono spec with my pet ?
    My pet seems to taunt the boss and instantly die :/ Can't dps bosses if my pet die everytime and i waste my time trying to ressurect him T_T

Anyone with the same problem in 5.0.4 release ?
    Last edited by mmoca302a2f3fe; 2012-08-30 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Turn of Threatening Presence in the pet tab, Arthe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    for major, i went soulstone (for the full life battle rez) and siphon life (for health regen to help offset how much i'm apparently going to be life tapping again)...

i thought imp swarm was a minor dps loss?... not enough of a loss to switch, but not optimal... honestly most of the glyphs for all classes kind of suck now...
    It's not as much that they suck but more that neither is too good, if they were we would have cookie cutter glyphs all over again. Blizzard wants us to be able to actually have a choice, sadly it can be hard to make all seem good and important but at the same time very powerful without making some too powerful.

Personally I went with siphon life, shadow bolt and soulstone as major glyphs. I think the Shadow Bolt glyph did have a dps increase in the sense of giving a higher proc chance, since it's 3 spells in one.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-08-31 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    It's really important to have Metamorphosis keybound to the easiest possible key for your fingers to reach.
    I put Metamorphosis on 'r' because my Left index finger is always close to 'r'

I can pop in and out of meta during global cooldowns so there is virtually no time ever lost in the interval between my a caster spells and demonic form spells.

I tend to avoid macroing Meta into any other spell,

i prefer to hit 'r' to enter meta, then corruption(Doom) (button 3 for me), then 'r' again to drop meta, in rapid succession to put Doom up rather than create a 'Doom macro'

same thing goes for burning excess fury with ToC ,in which i hit 'r' then Shadow Bolt(ToC) (button 1 for me) a few times then 'r' again to drop meta.
    I found my problem with this is that I'm a button masher and I kept double tapping meta and ending up still in caster form with meta on cooldown >;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I found my problem with this is that I'm a button masher and I kept double tapping meta and ending up still in caster form with meta on cooldown >;(
    tsk tsk evralia,
    Button mashing is a bad habit like biting your nails or picking your nose.

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere however I'm sure most of us have experienced it/know about it.

My wand(valor) currently provides my MH with the best stats since I can't get lightning rod or better than RF rathrak to save my life. Now this wand is constantly interrupting my "swing" timer and forcing me to wait to cast toc or even soul fire, which was quite troublesome when bursting tendons on heroic spine. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm pretty tempted to switch back to a lesser weapon just to not have my melee swing interrupted. I also know this is annoying and has it's own thread but, has anyone found a solution to the pet running "behind" the arm on madness? I basically have kept my pet on passive only using him for bloods, mutated corruption, parasite...well basically everything BUT the arm.

For those concerned about how Aura of the Elements is interacting with Curse of the Elements (i.e. overriding it) there is a simple workaround: just make a macro to cancel Aura and reapply Curse which I bound to Shift + Button

/cancelaura Aura of the Elements
    /cast Curse of the Elements

Using this I can quickly cancel Aura and apply Curse to my main target if I'm worried about Aura overriding it and then dropping off when I run out of range (the range of Aura is pretty feeble). This is really only an issue during a fight like Yor'sahj where you'd want to pop Aura before AoE'ing down adds, and then reapply Curse for when you have to run out to kill the next Globule.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2012-09-03 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solved this problem by having two buttons for meta scroll down, and shift scroll down.

/cast !metamorphosis
    /cancelaura metamorphosis

Maybe they could make something on server side that applies doom to current target automatically everytime the warlock activates meta, should remove the need for extra macros and buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Maybe they could make something on server side that applies doom to current target automatically everytime the warlock activates meta, should remove the need for extra macros and buttons.
    I am pretty sure that would turn into a dps loss. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I don't think that's the answer, it kinda renders it pointless to track at all and you might as well roll all the damage into 'Melee' at that point. The dancing is a bit of a pain at the moment without Everlasting Affliction, but Doom should fix itself with that.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-09-04 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think Doom and Corruption should not be the same spell depending on stance, nor should Curses and Cursed Aura.

I think Doom should cost fury, and Cursed Auras should cost fury, but should be castable in either stance.
    I think Corruption should cost mana, and Curses should cost mana, but should be castable in either stance.

and mastery should not increased damage done in meta per se but rather increase the damage of abilities that cost mana by a lower bonus and ablities that cost fury by a higher bonus, so corruption never gets the higher bonus, and Doom always gets the higher bonus.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-04 at 03:08 PM.

I think you should provide further clarification in your statement...

After that first Meta, you want to build up your fury once again. Whenever your Fury gets near full, go into Meta until it drops to around 750. Only burn lower than that if Dark Soul is available or if you actually need the DPS at that moment.
    ..by explaining why a player would want to limit their time in Meta to 1k - 750 DFury rather than just always staying in Meta until their Fury is exhausted. In other words, what do you gain by ever banking 750 Fury.
    Last edited by Kashii; 2012-09-04 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post

..by explaining why a player would want to limit their time in Meta to 1k - 750 DFury rather than just always staying in Meta until their Fury is exhausted. In other words, what do you gain by ever banking 750 Fury.
    The reason as I understand it that you only burn to 750 is to ensure that you have as much DFury as possible during Dark Soul. If you are still building DFury when Dark Soul comes off CD you are not maximizing DPS. If something needs to die, then something needs to die then its more beneficial to stay in meta longer to make sure it dies.

Although Evralia does sum that up in the last sentence that you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post

I don't really think it needs extra clarification. You don't want to cap your Demonic Fury and you want to ensure that you are close to full fury when Dark Soul is available. 750 is not a magic number, it's just a guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    The latest simcraft results for T13H gear:
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/P...emonology.html

but you shouldn´t rely on these numbers too much
    was reading through and clicked on ur link and the numbers changed for that sim apparently?

http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/P...emonology.html
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Hi I have been reading this thread with great interest.Firstly I would like to sya thank you very much for the time and input the OP has done to make it easier for us locks. Secondly, I would also like to say, that the constructive comments are much appreciated, but the negative put down types are pretty pathetic..say something by all means but ncely hey? I dont recall him swearing it was gospel.
    Anyway that aside, I was just wondering what people thought of the glyph 'Glyph of Demon Hunting?
    someone was asking me about it,they seemed to think it was a bit of a dps boost, if only short term, but then had decided better for soloing in the case of 'oh shit my felguard has died' scenario.
    i was just wondering your thoughts on this?

p.s.
    sorry i cant link the actual glyph, but i've no idea how to do it on this site (despite trying several things!
    Last edited by mmoc395a2c6011; 2012-09-06 at 01:03 PM. Reason: didnt show link i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MorticiaNoire View Post
    Hi I have been reading this thread with great interest.Firstly I would like to sya thank you very much for the time and input the OP has done to make it easier for us locks. Secondly, I would also like to say, that the constructive comments are much appreciated, but the negative put down types are pretty pathetic..say something by all means but ncely hey? I dont recall him swearing it was gospel.
    Anyway that aside, I was just wondering what people thought of the glyph 'Glyph of Demon Hunting?
    someone was asking me about it,they seemed to think it was a bit of a dps boost, if only short term, but then had decided better for soloing in the case of 'oh shit my felguard has died' scenario.
    i was just wondering your thoughts on this?

p.s.
    sorry i cant link the actual glyph, but i've no idea how to do it on this site (despite trying several things!
    I'm not sure if you actually mean Demon Hunting or Demon training, but neither of them are a DPS boost in any way.