Thread: JC Tokens

JC Tokens

are we getting new jc tokens come mop or are we keeping the ones we have now?? and if we are keep do we keep the current tokens we got or they reset?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

They will be new tokens, we keep the ones we have and they won't reset.

Yes, we are getting new ones, I forget the name but I know the gem name is Serpent's Eye. Old ones will not go anywhere but will become pretty much useless, they will buy you the Cata patterns as they do now. They will not reset, you just can't use them to buy any new patterns.

Basically like WOTLK, you can still collect the old tokens to learn up any recipes you still don't have, and a new token for the next expansion will be released, surely as a daily quest just like previous expansions. I still do the WOTLK daily in Dalaran sometimes to get some recipes I don't have. On popular servers, people still want epic wotlk gems, usually twinks or levelers.

Meta gems are from world drop recipes only JC'ers can loot - BoP.
    Rare gems are discovered, much like glyphs, limited to 1 per day. For example, if you choose to discover a red gem, you will spend 3 raw gems to discover a new recipe. The item created in the process is much like Fire Prism's, which contains 2 rare cut gems (color seems to be tied to the discovery) and you learn a new recipe based on the color you picked.
    There's also a discovery that has no cooldown, however it requires 3 Spirits of Harmony which you need to farm as they're BoP. This one gives you a random discovery.
    Once you've learned all of the recipes of say blue gems and you do a blue discovery, you automatically learn a random recipe from the other colors.

Serpent's Eye is the new Chimera's Eye - they're used for rings, necks and ofc the JC-only gems. You prospect Sparkling Shard's from ore at a fairly high rate, which requires 10 to turn into a Serpent's Eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Meta gems are from world drop recipes only JC'ers can loot - BoP.
    Rare gems are discovered, much like glyphs, limited to 1 per day. For example, if you choose to discover a red gem, you will spend 3 raw gems to discover a new recipe. The item created in the process is much like Fire Prism's, which contains 2 rare cut gems (color seems to be tied to the discovery) and you learn a new recipe based on the color you picked.
    There's also a discovery that has no cooldown, however it requires 3 Spirits of Harmony which you need to farm as they're BoP. This one gives you a random discovery.
    Once you've learned all of the recipes of say blue gems and you do a blue discovery, you automatically learn a random recipe from the other colors.

Serpent's Eye is the new Chimera's Eye - they're used for rings, necks and ofc the JC-only gems. You prospect Sparkling Shard's from ore at a fairly high rate, which requires 10 to turn into a Serpent's Eye.
    Got it 100% in 1 post, there are no new tokens.

you will keep the ones you have now but there will be new ones for mists.

Deleted
    So....from what im reading having a 80 jewelcrafter that is not gonna level up got the downside of not been able to get meta gems recipes (I assume its a world drop from only pandarian mobs) and you can only make 1 discover by day (I assume again Spirits of Harmony just from panda mobs).

So,to summarize:

You can level up to 600
    You can learn every recipe
    You can make 1 discovery by day.
    Youre not gonna get meta recipes.
    Youre not gonna get spirits of harmony (where these ones come from?)

Any other downside of having a 80 jwelcrafter instead of a 90 jcer?

Spirit of Harmony is made by combining 10 Mote of Harmony - they drop randomly from most (if not all) mobs in pandaria. Not getting these seems to be the biggest downside of having a lvl 80 JC since it will take you 68 days to discover all the rare gem recipes without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Spirit of Harmony is made by combining 10 Mote of Harmony - they drop randomly from most (if not all) mobs in pandaria. Not getting these seems to be the biggest downside of having a lvl 80 JC since it will take you 68 days to discover all the rare gem recipes without it.
    68 days is a hell of a lot faster than it has been using tokens. The only downside is the randomness of which cuts you get. The upside to the new system is that JC'ers who actually play their toon will get recipes at a much faster rate than profession only alts, due to the spirit of harmony discovery. I don't like not being able to cherry pick the recipes I need for myself, but I will have all the patterns much earlier than previous xpacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    68 days is a hell of a lot faster than it has been using tokens. The only downside is the randomness of which cuts you get. The upside to the new system is that JC'ers who actually play their toon will get recipes at a much faster rate than profession only alts, due to the spirit of harmony discovery. I don't like not being able to cherry pick the recipes I need for myself, but I will have all the patterns much earlier than previous xpacs.
    Its a good change, but It is gonna hurt me a little as I don't plan on leveling my JC untill I have 3 other class at 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like the same old thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    sounds like the same old thing to me.
    Same thing as what happened in Wotlk -> Cataclysm conversion.
    New tokens, new recipes, new quests.

And you could still do the old ones, if you haven't maximized your collection yet.

We'll get new ones in Mists.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many people making claims which they can't back up. There aren't any tokens currently as Leefa has mentioned (good writeup btw). Prospecting ore gives green / blue gems like always. Green recipes are learned from trainers and we can still get a chance to make Perfect common gems (120 dodge / 90 stam common -> 160 dodge / 120 stam perfect for instance). Sparkling shards are prospected on almost every try (think I only had 2 or 3 times that didn't have any), so Serpent's Eyes will be alot easier to get if you have the ore.

The 3 raw gems required for the discoveries are rare raw gems, so not exactly gonna be plentiful in the beginning, unless you have an alchemist to transmute alot of gems for your jc'r to use for their recipes. Using 3 colored rare gems has a 1 day cooldown but using 3 spirit of harmony ignores the cooldown so it's possible to learn everything in under 2 months if you are lucky with motes of harmony drops.