Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thing is for example I still remember blood raven from D2. That was scary how fast she was moving just charging out of nowhere. I remembe the dark maps where you couldn't see very far. I remember the poison boss how epic was it to kill her. From D3 ... what's memorable about that game. Honesly the story tomes dropping ... that is the most interesting thing I remember. I will go ahead and say that storytelling in D3 is great. The story is very bad, but the story telling is top notch. And the combat, if the spec you like is decent the combat is good. Not exciting, but good. Still it's mind boggling how many blatant mistakes Blizz was able to make in that game. And the patches do improve the game, but come on Blizz ... why do you work after game is released. Most ppl are done with that game now. It may generate you more money, but it trashes your name.

The saving grace of Blizz is as for the last few years ... lack of competition. But ... we have POE and TL2 to fight D3, GW2 to fight WoW pvp and I hope some MMO to fight WoW PvE in the future as well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    None of that justifys trash talking Brevik like he and the other members of Blizzard did.
    In that case, what justifies you trash talking anyone on Facebook or any other person trash talking others on Facebook?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And most of them were crap. Quantity does not equal quality.
    Regarding oskills, don't forget they were introduced very late in the game, are a balancing nightmare, and appeared mostly on high-end RWs that were made using bought or duped HRs.
    And guess what happened when they reduced the affix count? We still got crap. In the case of diablo 2 quality did indeed equal quantity in part because the item affixes and itemization/stat distribution/talent system allowed for a wider variety of "useful" gear. Instead what you get is shit and more shit and yes wait for it.. more shit.

As for RW, yes they were introduced late in the game and I fail to see why they didn't make it into diablo 3. I also fail to see what balance has to do with anything especially after the announcement of lvl 100.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 09:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I thought this was pretty cool:

Yeah. That's epic video. Truth be told if ppl want successor of D2 just wait for Path of Exile ... D3 is not D2 sequel and that has no bearing on how good/bad D3 is.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-08-20 at 09:54 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah. That's epic video. Truth be told if ppl want successor of D2 just wait for Path of Exile ... D3 is not D2 sequel and that has no bearing on how good/bad D3 is.
    Or Torch Light 2 i played the beta and had a blast. i have yet tryed POE i did see its HUGE skill system kinda turned me off but i still may try it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Class is more than an RPG feature.

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    Funny how they are all riding on the coattails of Brevik's creation. Yet, they trash him saying "he sucks...bla bla".

I'm so glad I saw this. Blizzard needs to clean house. Their employees are lacking something in the "class" department, are rather volatile, and malicious towards any criticism wherever it may come from---- and it's showing in their products.
    This. Many, many times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I wish all the Blizzard devs were as honest as this guy. One best interview I've heard in a while I must say.
    When watching the interview I dont feel like he was being completely honest. You can just see that the guy wants to say that they completely ruined the franchise but instead he has to say that they are a different team with less experience and that he would have done it differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    When watching the interview I dont feel like he was being completely honest. You can just see that the guy wants to say that they completely ruined the franchise but instead he has to say that they are a different team with less experience and that he would have done it differently.
    I agree he's being extremely diplomatic. His criticism was sound, not vitriolic and totally constructive. What's funny is that even though he held it back and sucked it in, Jay still told him to go fuck himself. It's hard man you work on a project like that, then have your balls handed to you by the community and by your peers in the field. I guess I'd be upset to but I'd at least have the dignity not to express it on quasi public forum like face book. Or maybe they don't care.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I was speaking about David Brevik. You know what they would have made ? A copy of D2, just like what Torchlight is... which is made of ... you guessed it the team members whom worked on D1/D2. Also he left Blizzard and made Hellgate : London, perhaps a good game in its own right, but not a successful one.
    No they would have made WoW 2.0 seriously did you not watch the interview? Diablo 3 was supposed to be an MMO with a top down view, Diablo 3 was supposed to be a competitor to WoW and personally I think that is the reason why they decided to shut down Blizzard North and development of Diablo 3 (the MMO). There is NO POINT in making another MMO when you have WoW, the most successful MMO ever (yes it was that successful even in 2005).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    And even that was obviously enough, if not too much for some people!

Blizzard South fucked up good it seems.

Seriously, have people actually watched the video interview of Brevik? That stuff is bloody awesome and hilarious to watch at the same time, yet the video only had 4k views

The subliminal messages are overwhelming in it. Brevik giggles at the first mention of D3's development time, refers to Blizzard Irvine as Blizzard South (get it?) and more.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-08-20 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    What in the fuck did I just read? So two devs made a shit decision to dumb their games down to the masses makes it empiric law?
    Yes, when several (and you only mention two, I could mention more examples - FPS games would be the prime example) game studios all make similar adjustments to their games, it's called an empiric law.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    Holy fuck can you please get the blizzard dick out of your ass for one second and realize that they made a shit game, with a shit team, lead by an even more shit dev.
    --REMOVED--
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-20 at 10:48 PM. Reason: oops forgot two words
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I was speaking about David Brevik. You know what they would have made ? A copy of D2, just like what Torchlight is... which is made of ... you guessed it the team members whom worked on D1/D2. Also he left Blizzard and made Hellgate : London, perhaps a good game in its own right, but not a successful one.
    Some people can't it seems. In the past people would affiliate themselves with nations or creeds or ideologies or religions and worship power in that way. Orwell talks about this at length. Now it seems people worship gaming companies. It's fascinating.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 10:12 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And what you miss is blizzard north shutdown around 04 or 05 *but lets say 05 for the hell of it someone can correct me later* it took them 7 years to make D3 into what it is now
    Since I have no insider information on D3 development, I can only speculate, but my guess is they weren't working flat out on D3 all that time. Also, JW joined Blizz in 2007, meaning there are two years where I personally have no clue where the game was or was not going.
    MMO player

Yes, when several (and you only mention two, I could mention more example - FPS games would be the prime example) game studios all make similar adjustments to their games, it's called an e

pic.[/IMG]
    My thoughts exactly

Since I have no insider information on D3 development, I can only speculate, but my guess is they weren't working flat out on D3 all that time. Also, JW joined Blizz in 2007, meaning there are two years where I personally have no clue where the game was or was not going.
    OK that means JW was part of D3 for 5 years and in 5 years of JW this is the d3 we got....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofister View Post
    It's empiric law that two dev teams made a decision to dumb down their games to appeal to a larger audience, therefore gutting the mechanics that the earlier games created and expanded on in the first place, which alienates the core audience who bought their games based on merit in the first place? I can believe it.
    You summed it up pretty well. Game audiences are not the same today and ten years ago. Gaming companies have to adapt to that.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    You summed it up pretty well. Game audiences are not the same today and ten years ago. Gaming companies have to adapt to that.
    Except in inferno where they completely abandon that in their initial design. Oh it's getting nerfed now because they recognize game audiences aren't the same *shrug* BUT HEY WHO KNOWS WITH CRAZY JAY WILSON AT THE HELM? Maybe now that they nerf jay we've got a Bizzaro universe Jay? Up is down. Down is up. You say hi when they say bye.

If what you say is true than Diablo would reflect some innovation. The simple fact is that outside the auction their is very little that has grown or innovated about the game to reflect the changing nature of game audiences. Diablo 3 keeps to the formula but the recipe has been changed ever so slightly as to rob the fun true vets had while at the same time not adapting to the newer generation of gamers.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 10:18 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OK that means JW was part of D3 for 5 years and in 5 years of JW this is the d3 we got....
    Again we don't know how much was spent on D3 development during all those years. Having a core team to make PoCs and having a full blown team working on content is not the same thing.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Except in inferno where they completely abandon that in their initial design. *shrug* BUT HEY WHO KNOWS WITH CRAZY JAY WILSON AT THE HELM? Maybe now that they nerf jay we've got a Bizzaro universe Jay? Up is down. Down is up. You say hi when they say bye.
    and when you say Diablo 3 your saying World Of Warcraft...sorry had to add that in there.

Deleted
    That video's most funny clip seen in days