Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Read the interview and what Brevik said was pretty constructive not offensive and overall his view/opinion saying how he would have done things differently basically. What Jay Wilson did when he said that was saying the same to any consumer who has the same/similar issues with D3 as Brevik raised. Constructive criticism and Jay's response was to insult the guy, real mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    In my own sadistic way I really do hope it's real (Which it seems to be). It's definitely given me a giggle. You don't just flip off the man who played a massive role in the creation of a series that you've just defamed.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 01:22 PM ----------

I kinda hope they lay him off for the expansion. Fortunately unprofessional comments like these sow the seeds for such things.
    Yeah. Joel Schumacher never called Tim Burton a loser, and I think his work pissed me off as much as D3 did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how ignorant people can be when they say things like 'This guy made diablo 2, he deserves respect,JAY should lick his balls!!!' . . . and not having a single fucking clue what the word "Producer" means. Educate yourselvs before you make idiotic comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I love how ignorant people can be when they say things like 'This guy made diablo 2, he deserves respect,JAY should lick his balls!!!' . . . and not having a single fucking clue what the word "Producer" means. Educate yourselvs before you make idiotic comments like that.
    Um what? David Brevik was one of the lead designers of D2. He was not a producer. Jay is not a producer. Jay is the Game Director of D3.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/diablo-ii/credits
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...lo-iii/credits

...How about you learn your games?

You must be a special kind of boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    You must be a special kind of boy.
    You must be one of those people that think producers make video games without a team, your one of those people that think producers are programmers, artists, and sound engineers, wrapped all in one. Your one of those people that think producers create and configure networks and set up infrastructure to support that configuration. . . . . like I said, pure fucking ignorance.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-08-20 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quit the insults and the hostility please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    This makes the devs almost seem like real people again. Must be a fake.
    Real people meaning anyone that doesn't spout shit over facebook like a child isn't a real person?

Lol it's just about the reaction i'd expect based on current and previous community managers and such and their responses to everything. But eh, who cares.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez Jay Wilson with that the anger right there haha
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-20 at 03:02 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty accurate response. D3 has it's issues, and I don't think anyone will deny that. It's not perfect, but then Blizzard games never are on release. Other people that worked on Diablo 2 have been more positive about D3 and more respectful, their criticisms were actually constructive. All this guy really did was take the complaints of the most vocal section of the community and regurgitate them for the press with what he'd have done different in order to gain attention. I don't have anything against him at all, but considering his gaming history following D2 I would definitely not take his advice on fixing a game or designing one.

Assuming D3 is a failure, which I don't feel it is as Blizzard is actually listening to constructive feedback, making changes, and communicating the changes to use/asking for more feedback, Blizzard still has a better and more reliable track record. One turd amongst several classics is much better than one classic amongst several turds.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The official forums are actually highly entertaining again, You all should check it out :P thanks to Jay Wilson.

How disappointing of the guy though; Insulting the grand father of the Diablo series technically ~Shakes head~
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-20 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was most likely fake. You know how vicious and small-minded trolls can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Assuming D3 is a failure, which I don't feel it is as Blizzard is actually listening to constructive feedback, making changes, and communicating the changes to use/asking for more feedback, Blizzard still has a better and more reliable track record. One turd amongst several classics is much better than one classic amongst several turds.
    Only time will if it was truly a flop. It sold an enormous amount of copies, but received an enormous amount of negative feedback along with the fact stocks fell after D3's release due to this. The problem is that they can listen to as much feedback as they like, if the looting system still revolves around the RMAH then there's still major problems which is precisely what Brevik said was problem in D3.

It's actually really childish of Jay Wilson to just trash talk him in that way. Brevik gave constructive criticism on what he thought was wrong with the game. To just flip him off because he gave a couple legitimate problems about D3 is just stupid.

I want to like David Brevik, but I find that I'm physically unable to do so after Hellgate: London. Hellgate wasn't just bad, it was atrocious. Do you know how hard you have to screw up a game to make Diablo loot-splosions boring? The answer is 'really hard.' A-RPG loot-splosions can improve almost every single game they've ever been tacked on to. Tower defense (Dungeon Defenders), FPS (Borderlands), even 3rd person adventures like Darksiders 2. Loot-splosions make everything better.

David Brevik somehow managed to make an FPS-RPG with an awesome setting and loot-splosions boring. I don't particularly care for his opinion on the genre anymore. :P

EDIT: As for Jay Wilson's overreaction... eh. He overreacted. I don't think he needs to be punished about it, but yeah, he overreacted. That's the beginning and end of my opinion on the matter!
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-08-20 at 03:16 PM.

You must be one of those people that think producers make video games without a team, your one of those people that think producers are programmers, artists, and sound engineers, wrapped all in one. Your one of those people that think producers create and configure networks and set up infrastructure to support that configuration. . . . . like I said, pure fucking ignorance.
    "Mr Wilson I presume?"

They mad because D2 > D3

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It was most likely fake. You know how vicious and small-minded trolls can be.
    Then why delete it? Why not keep it up for the whole world to see and prove that he did in fact not say "fuck that loser"?

We know he posted, you can go to the Facebook thread right now and see that Jill Harrington's post references a post by Jay that is no longer there. So unless she made a name mistake in names that was not called out by anyone else, it seems highly likely that he did respond as indicted by the difference screen shots.

In the end, I think he did say "fuck that loser" and it was an overreaction on his part. I don't think anything in particular should come from it and he certainly shouldn't be fired like some have been suggesting on the D3 forums. All that should come from it is an apology.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2012-08-20 at 03:23 PM.

They furious because D2 > D3

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I want to like David Brevik, but I find that I'm physically unable to do so after Hellgate: London. Hellgate wasn't just bad, it was atrocious. Do you know how hard you have to screw up a game to make Diablo loot-splosions boring? The answer is 'really hard.' A-RPG loot-splosions can improve almost every single game they've ever been tacked on to. Tower defense (Dungeon Defenders), FPS (Borderlands), even 3rd person adventures like Darksiders 2. Loot-splosions make everything better.

David Brevik somehow managed to make an FPS-RPG with an awesome setting and loot-splosions boring. I don't particularly care for his opinion on the genre anymore. :P

EDIT: As for Jay Wilson's overreaction... eh. He overreacted. I don't think he needs to be punished about it, but yeah, he overreacted. That's the beginning and end of my opinion on the matter!
    *If this is real and we will never know cause blizzard can just say its fake*
    yes Jay Willson need to be fired after comments like this and the stuff he said awhile back to the players trying to tell them the D2 they played never happen ect.....he has overstepped the line many times.

I say fire him or at lease take him off the D3 team he been unprofessional ever since the D3 release if not a bit before it.
    People like him hurt the Rep of the Company they work for and atm *My personal opinion* blizzard can't risk losing more rep.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD