Poll: Do you like Diablo 3?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Do you like Diablo 3?

I will be honest and say that I never played Diablo I/II. I was actually never interesting in playing a game in the series until I heard about Diablo 3 being released. I decided to purchase the games since a lot of my friends were going to play it too. It took me a while to understand what the game was about but after playing for just a few hours I loved it. The greatest thing to me is that my girlfriend actually really enjoys it too. She is not one to play video games and usually gives me grief for playing on my computer so much but one day she got on to see what I was playing and actually has a hero at 52 now and playing on Hell difficulty.

Now I understand why some people are upset because there isn't much to beyond getting level 60 and beating inferno but did you not get what you paid for for the journey there? To ME, all of that time play time and actually getting my girlfriend and a few other friends to play has made the $50 I paid for the game well worth it.

But anyways... that was just my side and I want to ask this simple question, "Do YOU like Diablo 3"?

Deleted
    Overall yes, but it has some serious flaws and is somewhat of a let down.

I voted no, but if you had an "eh, soso" vote for feeling in-between, I would have voted that way.

There are just too many issues with the game's design, with bugs and with lag for me to vote yes.

I played D2, fwiw. Classic only - LoD blew. Classic D2 is a perfect 10 of a game, aside from not having an auction house... but for a game that came out 12 years ago, that's ok =P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why yes I do however as the previous poster has stated, It honestly does have flaws and well It is sort of a let down after 13 years mind you and I've been doing the Diablo thing since One

I'm still playing
    Still mf'ing 24/7 until my eyes bleed

However I expected more hell if this game wasn't even named Diablo, I wouldn't even have bought it mind you.

I enjoyed it. I played for about 2 weeks, and I enjoyed it the whole time I was playing. But I didn't have much motivation to keep going once I'd played through the same story line a couple times. I'm sure I'll play it again and enjoy it when it's not so fresh on my mind. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be a replacement for WoW for me for very long, just a little vacay.

I get bored of it solo quickly, but I still enjoy farming with my RL friends though while we shoot the shit.

So I said yes.

Edit: I also wonder if there will be some biased votes as this was put up right when the servers were down. Server reliability is frustrating. Just got home from a day's work and I wanted to hop on and kill a few things before making dinner and going to bed... Guess tonight is not the night for that, but alas I have other things I can do instead; I still enjoy the game when it's up.
    Last edited by Nengal; 2012-07-02 at 10:56 PM.

I voted No, servers are unreliable, game runs like garbage half the time on a rig that shatters Blizz's recommended Pc spec, and Blizzard rather strip aspects from its game instead of branching out and enhancing the experience.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    voted yes, but have more on the fence. started with barb, got to 60 and halfway through inferno,then monk, same progression, now midway with a wizard. what i dont like is that on all 3 toons, only crap gear has dropped. i have farmed act 1/2 inferno a bunch. no upgrades, nothing worth putting on AH. almost like i have to use the RMAH to progress, so blizzard gets their $1 per transaction. if blizz needs to make money to keep upgrading the game, to pay staff etc, i would rather pay monthly than get tricked into giving them $1 per AH transaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes... but I really don't like sitting here because their servers decided to stop working (again). Anyone notice how that seems to be a common trend with Blizzard? Overall I do enjoy Diablo. I am quite addicted and it has more positives to it than negatives.

I think a lot of people made the mistake of thinking that Diablo 3 was going to be some kind of Mmo where they could play it forever and always have something new to be involved in.

Looking at D3 as more of a console like game makes more sense to me.

Yeah I like the game but I have stopped playing now. It was too addictive, I was neglecting RL tasks and my girlfriend. It's like playing a slot machine 6 hours a day and waiting for that big payout.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-07-02 at 11:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think a lot of people made the mistake of thinking that Diablo 3 was going to be some kind of Mmo where they could play it forever and always have something new to be involved in.

Looking at D3 as more of a console like game makes more sense to me.
    Oh no I expected it to be like Diablo 2 where I kept GOING for YEARS and YEARS, Now for D3? I have no clue when will I be stopping however I doubt it will last as long as my D2 Career did

Deleted
    yeah i do

it is flawed and could be better; still its the best game this year (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    I voted no, but if you had an "eh, soso" vote for feeling in-between, I would have voted that way.

There are just too many issues with the game's design, with bugs and with lag for me to vote yes.
    Agree completly with this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted no. I want to like the game, but it just seems that every decision blizz makes doesn't have much to do with fun gameplay as much as it does to maximize rmah profits.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, hands down for me one of the best farming games I have played! I really enjoy farming and the thrill of finding a new upgrade everyone once in a while, (or very while)! I love it!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    yeah i do

it is flawed and could be better; still its the best game this year (so far)
    I agree with you. It has it's problems but the pros outweigh the cons.

The only reason I'm reading this topic now is because servers are off. So i voted No, but the right answer for me is 'meh'

Quote Originally Posted by Snarah View Post
    Overall yes, but it has some serious flaws and is somewhat of a let down.

This. It's okay, but after beating it twice and getting to Hell, I basically couldn't stomach going through the same game over again. At least D2 randomized maps, a little, to keep things fresh. I must've went through Diablo 2 several times without getting bored, but it only took two difficulties to get me sick of the game as a whole. I probably won't play this game much, if ever, again.

Deleted
    no sir, i dont like it.

diablo 3 has been one of the biggest disappointments for me ever, i was looking forward to it since it was announced and played it a ton at release.
    when i finally got to max lvl and started doing inferno i started to realize how terrible it was and now i havent even played in 3 weeks. also, the game has THE WORST STORY OF ALL TIME