Tauren.....................................Charr
    Azeroth....................................Tyria
    Kung Fu Panda..........................Kodan
    Human....................................Human
    Killstealer.....................................Ally
    Nodewhore...................................Ally
    Ghostcrawler.................Colin Johanson
    The bolded portions are so far off that it's not even funny. O_O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Oh, in addition to the ones I said (Burst=Spike, Companion=Miniature) there's also:

Snare...Cripple
    Root...Immobilize

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Thanks for this. I had boons and conditions reversed. I thought boons were harmful and conditions were helpful. [derp]

Then again the word "Boon" sounds like a harmful spell. While conditions sounds like something applied to allies.

"boon (plural boons) A good; a blessing or benefit; a great privilege; a thing to be thankful for."
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    So, in GW, do you say: Oke guys, boon (buff) up and let's give it a go?'
    Fights are rarely that static that you can sit around and have a picnic while the boss idly waits for you ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Ejem, I'd like to say that Events aren't really quests. A quest in the traditional definiton of the word, is speaking to an NPC which then assigns you a mission. Nobody assigns you an event, they just happen, and you either participate, or you don't.

I'd wager Renown Hearts are more akin to traditional quests, as you speak to an NPC and they give you a list of things to do.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Well even the renown hearts aren't really like that either. You don't have to talk to the person (only if you want to purchase something after you completed the heart) and there are always multiple ways of gaining the renown. The only quests really are the personal stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Ejem, I'd like to say that Events aren't really quests. A quest in the traditional definiton of the word, is speaking to an NPC which then assigns you a mission. Nobody assigns you an event, they just happen, and you either participate, or you don't.

I'd wager Renown Hearts are more akin to traditional quests, as you speak to an NPC and they give you a list of things to do.
    Closer, yes, but you don't need to speak to an NPC to do the renown heart, but if you do they will give you the details about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    WoW -> GW2

Arcane mage -> Auto-attack
    Well, i cant argue that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The bolded portions are so far off that it's not even funny. O_O

*snip*

No meme's.
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-08-21 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    WoW -> GW2

Block rating -> Active block/counter
    Dodge rating -> Active dodge/evade
    Defence -> Watch for tells
    Moar DPS -> Synergy management
    Faceroll -> Downed/Defeated
    BiS -> Skills
    Arcane mage -> Auto-attack
    I lol'd, but there are plenty of places to compare the 2 games and/or bash wow, let's keep this on topic plox.

spambanjo, your avatar is full of win.

Here is another list of terms for Wow-to-GW2 players.

When it comes to choosing a class, most players will want one that has about the same "theme" as their wow class, class mechanics will always be different, but the overall theme of the class is shared if the setting is similar. Given that GW2 is also based on High-Fantasy just as wow, several of the classes share the same theme (if not the same mechanics) So here they are:

Wow Class -------------------- GW2 Class

Warrior ----------------------- Warrior (Duh)

Paladin ----------------------- Guardian (Same overall theme, plated fighter that uses melee and divine magic, protectors of the innocents, Harbingers of Justice, Knight in Shiny armor, Paragon of the Light, ect ect)

Rogue ------------------------ Thief (Same overall theme, Stealth around, backstab, pickpocket, open locks, big crits, high dodge, very agile and nimble your archetipical rogue.)

Hunter ----------------------- Ranger (These two could almost be twins. Stalker of the wilds, big empathy with animals, can tame wild beasts, favors the use of the bow, attuned to nature, ect)

Mage ------------------------ Elementalist

Warlock ---------------------- Necromancer (Although warlocks use demons whereas necros use undead, on the rest they are pretty much the same, casters that use dark magic, curses, suck the life of their foes, sees the pets as little more than tools, ect)

Mesmers and Engineers have no equivalent neither in wow nor in any other game for that matter, and DKs, Monks, Priests, Druids, and Shamans have no equivalent on GW2 either.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    I lol'd, but there are plenty of places to compare the 2 games and/or bash wow, let's keep this on topic plox.
    I like you. So tired of this pathetic behaviour where they just CAN'T leave the other game alone -_-..."Uuh I play a different 12+ game than they do, I'm SO much more skilled and just better!!". Can't wait for it to release so these type of things can stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    spambanjo, your avatar is full of win.
    Reggae Reggae Horse baby! Cheers!

Adding your class translations to the OP right away.

You just know that Arenanet is trolling the Wow audience by swopping blue and green in quality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Also, item coloring makes more sense than other MMOs because it uses a graduated color scale where hotter colors = better.

Junk
    Basic
    Fine
    Masterwork
    Rare
    Exotic
    Legendary

(There is also Mystic for certain items, which doesn't denote quality)
    WTB colorblind mode.
    No really, it's a problem for those of us with this condition (debuff).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    WTB colorblind mode.
    No really, it's a problem for those of us with this condition (debuff).
    I'm on it.

Deleted
    Azeroth....................................Tyria
    Tyria is the name of the whole world and the continent we currently play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sing the Rainbow song (red being the best) so lets sing, Red and orange and yellow and green, blue and crap (crap being grey and white)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Just sing the Rainbow song (red being the best) so lets sing, Red and orange and yellow and green, blue and crap (crap being grey and white)
    I hate rainbows, they've colors in it i can't totally understand.
    WTB rainbow colorblind mode!!

But thanks for the tip.
    (i had to youtube the rainbow song)