Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Square's attempt at milking the the final fantasy that didn't live up to the expectations of fans, it does worry me that people are excited for this and not knowing its them taking advantage.
    why does it worry you about people who enjoy the 13 series and want an ending? 13-2 wasnt bad

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    That's good for it, but you are missing the point. It only sold 2 million copies. If people were fans of the series it would be a big seller like the rest, but instead its one of the lowest selling of the main franchise to date. Even Crisis Core for the PSP sold more than it.
    It's not a member of the main franchise, now is it? It's a spinoff sequel to a main franchise game. The main franchise game that sold 5 million and is still selling well. XIII-2 is also STILL selling well and still moving units.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    That's good for it, but you are missing the point. It only sold 2 million copies. If people were fans of the series it would be a big seller like the rest, but instead its one of the lowest selling of the main franchise to date. Even Crisis Core for the PSP sold more than it.
    okay dude sales dont prove if a games bad or good 2 million is a lot of people

Just... stop, Square.

At E3, Square had a BEAUTIFUL display of the new engine that they're working on for Final Fantasy. Nothing would make me happier than if the studio went dark for a couple of years and then abruptly released something fantastic and new, instead of churning out sequels to one of the poorest games of the series.

And yes, I know that's an opinion, but up until now, Square has always given resolution to their FF games. The sequel model is awful. FF has thrived because, up until recently, every entry in the series has been a fresh, new world, with new characters and a new setting.

13 is played out. The corridor-RPG model is atrocious compared to anything that allows for more freedom for starters, and the characters have had a disgusting amount of screen time.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-08-22 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    At E3, Square had a BEAUTIFUL display of the new engine that they're working on for Final Fantasy. Nothing would make me happier than if the studio went dark for a couple of years and then abruptly released something fantastic and new, instead of churning out sequels to one of the poorest games of the series.
    A dark studio does not produce money, and new games need money. I believe Square is already in a bit of financial trouble. Right now they are going after the low hanging fruit, so safe sequels to existing properties they know will sell.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

I bought FFXIII-2 but never bothered finishing it, think I gave up around the time I was told to do this huge fetch quest. I hear that they gave it a proper ending with DLC though, which instantly makes me lose respect for them. Don't think i'll bother with this one... what are they thinking...
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-08-22 at 09:21 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    A dark studio does not produce money, and new games need money. I believe Square is already in a bit of financial trouble. Right now they are going after the low hanging fruit, so safe sequels to existing properties they know will sell.
    Yeah, I mean...it makes sense, but I look to video games for entertainment, not a business. Although I certainly do understand it is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I bought FFXIII-2 but never bothered finishing it, think I gave up around the time I was told to do this huge fetch quest. I hear that they gave it a proper ending with DLC though, which instantly makes me lose respect for them. Don't think i'll bother with this one... what are they thinking...
    I platinum'd FFXIII, but XIII-2 didn't interest me much, mostly because of the story and ending. No "proper" ending is really sad. I don't think I can support that.

Square, get back to doing FFX-type games. Ones with great characters, and amazing story, etc. *pouts*

Loved the 13. Loved the 13-2. Definitely looking forward to the 13-3.

Deleted
    FF XIII-2 was one of the two FF games I never finished. The other was XII.

Not so hyped for a XIII-3 but i wouldl like to play versus. looks like a KH for me.

Haters gonna hate. I thought XIII was pretty good, XIII-2 awesome, XIII-3 even more awesome? I want them to do something more with the class and system though.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.