Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel so bad for laughing at this but i cant help myself...xD

this is going to turn into a butthurt religious thread and get locked in 3...2....1...

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest this cracked me up hard. And I am usually in favour of preserving and restoring ancient church art. I think she had good intentions but alas one does not simply walk into a church with a brush and restore a fresco to its previous glory. Still the result is hilarious.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Respect, finally someone who has the guts to stand against that religion crap.

The thought that she was trying to do something good and that this is what happened just makes this so much more funny.

If some idiot on 4chan did this is photoshop I wouldn't be amused (when I saw the picture before reading the article, I thought this was a farce). That sweet old lady would have had a hard time making Jesus look more ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    Respect, finally someone who has the guts to stand against that religion crap.
    Did you even read the article? Or the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Nothing was lost. It was an old ruined painting that can be easily replicated. People believing that swatches of canvas with some oil on them are worth thousands or millions are losers.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    You must be mistaken Christianity with something different.
    In that case just burn her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Don't worry as the painting has horrible depiction of Jesus as a white person instead of someone from a middle eastern heritage.
    that's not random - the authenticity of the Letter of Lentulus (which purports to give an eyewitness account of Jesus' appearance) was accepted unquestioned for a long time (today it is generally accepted as a forgery but you will still find Christians who believe it to be authentic).
    Last edited by florestan; 2012-08-23 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    Don't really find it funny either. yawn
    Waiting for someone to say " if you don't find it funny why are you in this thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Scottisch View Post
    Had to share this because I found it just incredibly funny.

Basically some old woman decides enough is enough and attempts to restore a painting of Jesus Christ with disastrous results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

What painting of Jesus? I see a painting of some random white European.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Don't really find it funny either. yawn
    Waiting for someone to say " if you don't find it funny why are you in this thread"
    Why wait when you can say it yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    She tried to restore a piece that she felt was inspiring and once beautiful. Personally we should all have a good laugh with her about it. Cause she probably feels terrible about how it turned out and needs it to be taken in a lighthearted manner so she doesn't agonize over ruining it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Why wait when you can say it yourself?
    Because someone else needs to do it, or it isnt as good. its like making jokes and laughing about it yourself Miss
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-23 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this earlier on TYT. My god that second painting is bad.

"It's just a picture." - Jesus Christ.

The Failure of Materialism.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Truly amazing. Imagine how proud she must have been after finishing this masterpiece! Really cuddly.

Why locking this thread? This is not about violence on a painting of a religious character. Its about a woman that obviously is christian and tryed her best to reconstruct said painting. Not very sucessfully but I am sure she did her best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Truly amazing. Imagine how proud she must have been after finishing this masterpiece! Really cuddly.

Why locking this thread? This is not about violence on a painting of a religious character. Its about a woman that obviously is christian and tryed her best to reconstruct said painting. Not very sucessfully but I am sure she did her best.
    INDEED! see you get it! just because someone isnt that talented doesent mean they mean bad or try to offend
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-23 at 07:45 AM.