Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Again I understand, you just have to understand 2 hours to see the game you just bought with all its additional content go on sale for less than the expansion you bought.

But yes they're legally right. He possibly got lucky, I'll see what his ticket says
    I dare you to find a company that will give you a refund on a product if it goes on sale...shall I go return my tv if it becomes cheaper the next day? No.

Welcome to the real world, it stings the moment you released you made a "mistake"...tommorow you will feel different about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You can't be misled on a price. The price is the price on something like that. Yes, companies can slam you with hidden charges and fees and bullshit, but 99% of the time, the price is the price. Advertising/marketing is totally different. They can promise you anything and use all the flowery, hyped up language they want and there's no objective method of proving or disproving their claims. You can objectively prove or disprove if a game actually costs the advertised price at the time of purchase.
    it's not about the price, its your "deal with it" attitude towards it. Why should he deal with it if another customer got a much better result under the same circumstances?

Like i said, he may not get it but not pushing for it and "dealing with it" is dumb advice, better no advice than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I dare you to find a company that will give you a refund on a product if it goes on sale...shall I go return my tv if it becomes cheaper the next day? No.
    actually, pretty sure you can do this quite easily.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-23 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

Welcome to the real world, it stings the moment you released you made a "mistake"...tommorow you will feel different about it.
    Actually if the store allows returns than you can do that.
    Where I work we do it all the time; someone buys something and then sees that we put it on sale a couple of days later and we give them money back. If we didn't give them their money back they would just fully return it and it would be a bigger loss than refunding part of the amount.

Now with the case of Steam, they don't allow returns. So if you buy something and regret it you're SOL.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-08-24 at 12:10 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Now with the case of Steam, they don't allow returns. So if you buy something and regret it you're SOL.
    Not if the EU overrules that :P , atleast for europeans ( hopefully)
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2012-08-24 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    If asking for a refund for buying a product, which after 2 hours got a massive discount , is a complaint without merit (even more so that people in the past got a refund aswell), then you terribly fail at common sense.

He may or may not get a refund, but he would be terribly dumb not try atleast a few times to get one.
    He bought a product, it went on sale later, he's not entitled to anything. Assuming you deserve something isn't common sense, it's moronic. He bought the product for full price, knowing he would be paying 30 dollars, and also knowing it could go on sale at anytime, this is how Steam works.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    He bought a product, it went on sale later, he's not entitled to anything. Assuming you deserve something isn't common sense, it's moronic. He bought the product for full price, knowing he would be paying 30 dollars, and also knowing it could go on sale at anytime, this is how Steam works.
    the discouragement for trying, since he has realistic chances, is moronic and pretty underachiever-esque

anyway, i'm done debatting until the OP has any news regarding his appeal
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2012-08-24 at 02:19 PM.