[RET Soloing] Razorgore the Untamed

Hey there, I've been wanting to legitimately kill this guy for years now and finally made it a few months ago, but at the time, I didn't actually have anything to record it with - but now I do! I'd like to share my secret recipe to Dragonslaying, and here it is:

Weaponry: I used the 403 ilvl Gurthalak in this video, but if you have the Experimental Specimen Slicer I highly advice using this instead as a bad Gurthalak proc can and most likely will kill Razorgore at the worst possible time. (Talking from experience)

These are the buffs you want on yourself:
    Seal of Righteousness - To clear out adds inbetween mind controls
    Concentration Aura - This will allow you nearly 100% uptime on mind control, the only thing keeping you from 100% is the need to kill adds.
    Righteous Fury - This will help a bunch in keeping aggro off Razorgore if used with Divine Storm (The healing will easily outthreat Razorgore).

Talents:
    I used mostly the regular PvE Spec other than a few differences;
    Last Word - This combined with Selfless Healer will help a lot in keeping both yourself and Razorgore alive long enough to finish the encounter.
    Selfless Healer - Read above, should be obvious.
    Divine Storm - This is in the regular PvE spec but I figured it was worth a mention anyway, as this is a very important talent.

Video:

Have a nice time killing that pesky dragonkin keeping you away from your Judgement set!

I'll add an armory link too:
    Armory
    Note: this should be taken with a grain of salt as I'm confident this encounter is easily done with less gear too.
    Note no.2: I'm a terrible video editor, the music doesn't fit at all nor did I find any that did.
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2012-08-17 at 04:06 PM.

I wish you'd posted this last week when I still had an Ataraxis.

Still, will be trying this out when I get the chance; always wanted to put BWL on my farm list, but this guy was what prevented me doing so. Less interested in T2 than I am some of the weapons and, most importantly, the Elementium Ingots.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because I was just thinking of how you could somehow do this with a Paladin and I never would have guessed Concentration aura would reduce nearly all the pushback as that was the killer.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    I don't get it dude..

I've been trying 6 times now.. and everytime Razorgore always gets down too low, and he dies.. I've tried to lay on hands him on multiple attempts, even tried to WoG sometimes). but yet he still dies too soon.. how do you keep the mobs off razorgore so easily?

i'm not sure how but it seems hes doing some self healing while channeling making the adds agro his pala.
    seeing he can up the threat of the heals it would be cake.

tryed this one my rogue ones.... the selfhealed did help with the agro allot! but the pushback just kept killing me-.-
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    I don't get it dude..

I've been trying 6 times now.. and everytime Razorgore always gets down too low, and he dies.. I've tried to lay on hands him on multiple attempts, even tried to WoG sometimes). but yet he still dies too soon.. how do you keep the mobs off razorgore so easily?
    Are you using Righteous Fury? If not, it might just be down to bad luck, it doesn't always work for me either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    Are you using Righteous Fury? If not, it might just be down to bad luck, it doesn't always work for me either.

Day 2.

Attempt no. 22 - Success!

Thanks for the base tactic to this mate

I would like to add some key things to do aswell..

1: Make sure that Razorgore is always facing the mobs he is attacked by (if attacked). To make use of Dodge/parry
    2: Make sure you always have 3 holy power before MC'ing. So you can heal Razorgore right before you lose control of him (yes, make sure he is close enough to get the heal)
    3: I deciced to use Bone-link to help clear out adds, and it came out to be my nr. 1 damage ability.. so use it, if you can.
    4: Don't give up, IT IS POSSIBLE. Even though, nomatter what you do might seem useless.. I might be a matter of luck aswell with adds aggro.
    Last edited by mmoc1dea7d20e3; 2012-08-18 at 02:00 PM.

This is pretty awesome. I can make the assumption that a shaman (resto in particular would be nice) could solo this, as well. With their conc aura totem (forgetting its name atm...) and earth shield on Razorgore it would be a fairly smooth fight, would it not?

It would likely be possible, but you might get overrun by adds as you don't really have any noteworthy AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Day 2.

Attempt no. 22 - Success!

Thanks for the base tactic to this mate

I would like to add some key things to do aswell..

1: Make sure that Razorgore is always facing the mobs he is attacked by (if attacked). To make use of Dodge/parry
    2: Make sure you always have 3 holy power before MC'ing. So you can heal Razorgore right before you lose control of him (yes, make sure he is close enough to get the heal)
    3: I deciced to use Bone-link to help clear out adds, and it came out to be my nr. 1 damage ability.. so use it, if you can.
    4: Don't give up, IT IS POSSIBLE. Even though, nomatter what you do might seem useless.. I might be a matter of luck aswell with adds aggro.
    This is excellent advice, and I did some of this myself without even really thinking about it (I've played every role in the game, so it comes natural)

l

That's all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Fire ele >.<
    I have a few suggestions - first of all, you're gonna need Nature's Swiftness for sure, you should have this applied at the very beginning of a MC cast so you can drop an instant and hopefully crit Greater Healing Wave at the end of MC cast. Secondly you should go with a mastery reforge build as haste won't do much for you (you won't be able to finish off a cast before he turns hostile, only instants will do.). Your talent tree should be either all about doing as much damage as possible, or improving your instant cast heals (Riptide needs to be buffed to the max potential possible). You'll probably need to use both elemental totems, but frankly - I don't know wether they work or not while you're casting the mind controll. Assuming they do, Earth Elemental will be VERY useful as he can keep many, many mobs on him and with healing (a riptide is probably enough) he'll likely survive for as long as the totems last. (PS: If elemental t12 bonus is still amazing for fire elementals, get that.)

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 10:19 PM ----------

Also, in case someone didn't know, you don't need a raid to enter Blackwing Lair, just click the orb. (Minor inconvenience, but still)
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2012-08-18 at 10:05 PM.

I've given this a few tries now, the issue i am having is using word of glory on razor gore. what is the timing of the cast in relation to when razorgore is going to release? is the cast what breaks the MC? or do you time it so the mc breaks and then you cast?

You cast it and break the channel.

This macro can help, just remember to make Razorgore your focus, and don't put it on your main bar:

#showtooltip Word of Glory
    /cast [@focus,help] Word of Glory
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzug View Post
    I've given this a few tries now, the issue i am having is using word of glory on razor gore. what is the timing of the cast in relation to when razorgore is going to release? is the cast what breaks the MC? or do you time it so the mc breaks and then you cast?
    Word of Glory would cancel the channeling.

I'm currently working on doing this in 5.0.4 - seems it'll be slightly more difficult, however, we currently get no spell pushback at all, which is great.

Aaaaaaand he's down!
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2012-08-29 at 01:59 PM.

two important parts in 5.0.4: Eternal Flame, it'll get most mobs onto you for 20 seconds as long as you have righteous fury on. seal of insight, it heals for a LOT with hammer of the righteous.