Will Guardians be the boss solo class of this game?

Watched some videos of guardians soloing equal level group event champion mobs. Can every class do this or will this be more easy for a guardian given their high defense and heals? Sort of like a prot pally pre-WoG nerf.

Any class that can kite can do it. I've done it on an Ele and a Warrior. Just a matter of execution

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Can every class do this or will this be more easy for a guardian given their high defense and heals?
    This isn't an either/or situation.

Yes, it's probably easier for a Guardian to do this, because good defense+heals makes you more tolerant to getting hit.

Yes, every class can do this. Don't get hit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all the classes I've played (which is all but warrior) guardian has been the most forgiving. I imagine in later levels getting hit is just a bad idea all around no matter the class, could be wrong on that tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done soloing on my Thief and Elementalist here and there, in the betas anyways.

Guardians just don't have to try too hard, though they can easily be overwhelmed if you're not careful. I've more than once leaped into combat only to die 3 seconds later.
    The counter-point to this is that Guardians are not particularly amazing in ranged combat, and I'm starting to think it's why they didn't make the Scepter particularly great of a ranged option.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 05:59 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Necro can do it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Its pretty easy to solo those as engineer aswell

Deleted
    due to limited ranged options its actually harder on a guardian.

Elementlists eat champ mobs for breakfast, as do mesmers and warriors.....at least from my experience, not really played other classes enough to comment.

Yes guardians can do it...but you generally have to spend more time closer and one mistake at that range and its game over.