Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mistweavers Dual Wiedling, will it be possible?

So in the last few expansions Healer Weapons were either Staves or 1H Maces or 1H Daggers that all had Spell power on them.
    Since they had spell power the 1H Daggers and Maces could only be held in the Main hand, there are not off-hand intellect Daggers and maces and swords.

there are very very few 1H maces and daggers and swords, and those that exist have no bonus SP.

Will mistweavers (particularly eminence based DPS-to-Healing MWs) be able to MH/OH or MH/1H weapons, or will they have to use Staves to Eminence heal?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-24 at 05:29 PM.

Dual wielding will not be possible as it would lead to balancing and itemization problems. No point in just making loot drops more annoying with different itemizations and the 1handed gear healers used is balanced around them having 1 of them, not two. It'd just be an unneeded headache.

Deleted
    what weapons will windwalker /monk mainly use?, staff polearm only or?
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2012-08-24 at 05:31 PM.

Or they can do a one-hand weapon with the Off-Hand intellect items that all other casters use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind all intellect weapons are flagged main hand only and not 1-h. So even if the potential was there to dual wield you would be unable to dual wield +int weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorgath View Post
    Dual wielding will not be possible as it would lead to balancing and itemization problems. No point in just making loot drops more annoying with different itemizations and the 1handed gear healers used is balanced around them having 1 of them, not two. It'd just be an unneeded headache.
    well ok, Paladins have to use a MH sword or Mace or Axe plus either a Shield or an off-handfrill, because they cannot use staves

Druids and Priests can use Staves, or either a 1H Daggers or mace plus some off-hand frill

Shamans can use Staves, or either a MH Dagger or mace or Axe plus either a shield or some off-hand frill.

Eminence MW will have to use Staves. They will be the most constrained in weapon choice.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    Or they can do a one-hand weapon with the Off-Hand intellect items that all other casters use.
    That is fine for non-dps-to-healing monks; but for Eminence/Serpent's Zeal-based healing, monks won't be able to benefit as much from their Serpent's Zeal which is based on auto-attack damage unless they use a 2H.

if their were Intellect based OH weapons (that had the same stats as off hand frills and healer shields, i.e. that did not have the bonus Spell Power) that would allow monks to Dual Wield without screwing up any other healers' balance.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 01:41 PM ----------

http://mop.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:4;crv=0:0
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-24 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Monks have a passive that is supposed to balance out one hand versus two hand weapons. For mistweavers this is when using a two handed weapon they get 40% melee haste and when using a one handed auto attack damage is increased by 70%.

Please remember;

Mistweaver - Healing Monk

Windwalker - DPS Monk

Brewmaster - Tank Monk

On-Topic: No. Mistweaver Monks can not dual wield. Weapons tend to be the main source of Spell Power / Intellect / Stats in general. While using old examples is never ideal, imagine the Healing Mace from Deathwing being duel wielded. The Proc on it would be insanely over-powering, and the immense Spell Power would just blow their healing into some pretty radical numbers.

While we may not ever see a similar healing weapon, this point still counts for the Spell Power factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caster Shaman tend to not use staffs. They usually go for either a 1h weapon and a INT shield. The combination tends to lead to better armor and stats for the Shaman.

I would also like to add that the sheer lack of intellect polearms is pretty depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    given that three healing classes could potentially use polearms now, i wouldn't mind intellect Polearms as well

but to Hyve, Mistweavers can heal by means of Dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone else pointed out, healing weapons are listed as main hand only. They've been that way for quite some time.

If you wanted to dual wield weapons, it would have to be a melee weapon, which wouldn't exactly give you much healing benefits in terms of stats. You will have to go with a main hand and non-weapon off-hand item or a staff.

Also, the passive helps to balance the two so one is not better than the other.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    the passive (way of the monk) is meant to help normalize 2H against DW not 2H agianst 1H+frill

Way of the Monk
    The Monk attunes himself differently depending on the weapon type.

Dual-wield one-handed weapons
    Autoattack damage increased by 40%.

Two-handed weapons
    Melee attack speed increased by 40%.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-24 at 06:13 PM.

Mistweavers cannot Duel Wield weapons at all, they physically cannot equip one-handed weapons in their off-hand.

In terms of what's better, Staves/Polearms vs 1H/OH, they're quite equal, however I did read somewhere that in terms of damage, 1H/OH pulls ahead slightly. Although this was earlier in the Beta and things may have changed.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2012-08-24 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the passive (way of the monk) is meant to help normalize 2H against DW not 2H agianst 1H+frill

Way of the Monk
    Does this mean that for Windwalkers and Brewmasters, the choice between DW and 2H is based on personal choice and weapon availability?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    Mistweavers cannot Duel Wield weapons at all, they physically cannot equip one-handed weapons in their off-hand.
    this is what i needed to know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your number is off Grub. The auto-attack damage increase is 70%, not 40%.

It is also not for dual-weilding.

(this message applies to Mistweaver. I can confirm this 100% from beta)
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Your number is off Grub. The auto-attack damage increase is 70%, not 40%.

It is also not for dual-weilding.

(this message applies to Mistweaver. I can confirm this 100% from beta)
    hmm i getting information from wowhead, and wowhead only has the 40% for Dualwielding information (three versions actually all stating the same thing) and not the 70% for 1H information. I suppose that wowhead has bad tooltip data.
    which may be why i was confused.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-24 at 06:24 PM.

AFIK all current sp weapons are MH, ie you cant dual them, even if you could equip an offhand weapon.
    Last edited by Sekhmet; 2012-08-24 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    Can you confirm this? I can't seem to find anything in the specs that give WW/BM a ability to Dw or anything like that. Shamans have this though and that is why i figured it would be in the spec if it is true the MW do not even have the ability to equip a 1h in their offhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks can not use Daggers, nor can Mistweavers dualwield.

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730 View Post
    Can you confirm this? I can't seem to find anything in the specs that give WW/BM a ability to Dw or anything like that. Shamans have this though and that is why i figured it would be in the spec if it is true the MW do not even have the ability to equip a 1h in their offhand.
    Windwalkers can dualwield, so can Brewmasters (For the moment). Mistweavers are limited to 1h + offhand or a 2h staff (They can wield a polearm, but there's no spellpower ones as of yet).
    Last edited by vian; 2012-08-24 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water