Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    You've never filled out a job application before, have you? Or mailed anything with sensitive information?
    I sure hope not, cause your personal information is in there. By applying for a job, you deserve to have your life ruined.

Do you go out to eat? Do you use your credit card?
    If so, it's YOUR fault for the waiter using your card fraudulently. You deserve to have your life ruined because you paid with a credit card.

Do you see how absurd this argument is?
    If he has kept is idiotic argument for 14 pages, I think he's a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark View Post
    Authenticators annoy the hell out of me. If it's the mobile version, you're so fucked if you lose your phone. Even if you have an actual real authenticator, if you lose that you're boned too. Last time I got hacked was 2006 and I was being stupid and knew better. I still don't have one and have never been hacked. Mostly because I don't use this computer for anything but official forums, mmo-champ, and playing wow. i do all my other business, college school work, and facebooking on my laptop. been that way forever.
    If you lose your phone you just download the app on a new phone (or any number of other devices, iPad iPod touch etc) and use it?

You know it gives you two sets of numbers to write down that allows you to put the authenticator on any device you want? So write them down and save them, if you lose the phone or it breaks or whatever you have no problem at all.

I flash my Android phone constantly (meaning a hard reset) and have never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Why? Hell if Blizzard stopped wasting its resources for people who get compromised they could save quite a bit. At this point if you don't have an auth or mobile auth you pretty much get you what you deserve when it comes to having your account compromised.

You're an idiot.
    His team got compromised by someone forging his ID.
    He has an authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    Until Blizzard adds in a rating decay system of sorts, there's nothing unfair about what he's doing. It maybe "cheesy", but it's fair game within the boundaries Blizzard has set.
    System needs to have a decay or you can live on old merits and be total crap when the mechanics and tactics are changing. new current games needs to be higher weighted and old stuff needs to have a lower weight, good or bad.

But if you care that much about your digital pixels of a rating on a team you havnt even played in months perhaps you should make the massive investment of 5 bucks on the authenticator just saying.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You're an idiot.
    His team got compromised by someone forging his ID.
    He has an authenticator.
    And they know his secret questions etcs how??? exactly thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    System needs to have a decay or you can live on old merits and be total crap when the mechanics and tactics are changing. new current games needs to be higher weighted and old stuff needs to have a lower weight, good or bad.

But if you care that much about your digital pixels of a rating on a team you havnt even played in months perhaps you should make the massive investment of 5 bucks on the authenticator just saying.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 03:53 AM ----------

And they know his secret questions etcs how??? exactly thought so.
    All you really have to do is just keep trying to guess and then claim you completely forgot because it was 7 years ago and they'll ask you for copies of your ID to confirm your identity. Not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Not everyone is a gladiator or 2.4k+ this season , sorry.

I had to remove an authenticator once for an account because I had a physical one and put it in the wash, which scrubbed off the serial number on the back. Blizzard now allows you to use, as proof of identity, a SCANNED copy of your license/ID (as opposed to fax) and a digital signature. That's it.

As long as the info on that scanned license matches - you're good to go. What's on there? Name, birthday, address? The address doesn't even have to match the billing address, really name and birthday are the only things Blizzard can really check because I don't believe Blizzard requires you to keep your physical address updated.

I hope these tards are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The sad fact of the matter is, we live in a public world now where everyone's information is public. There needs to be enough layers of security both in the identification and enforcement of ID theft laws to discourage such activity from occuring. However, good hackers will escape enforcement and break ID layers of security, and bad hackers (like these kids) will take advantage of a not-so-robust system for checking someone's identity.

The problem, of course, is that when Blizz launched WoW, it wasn't reasonable to assume people could get well-known enough in real life from playing WoW to becoming "easy targets."

10+ Year Old Account
    He made that choice maybe next time he'll think twice before signing onto a team that allows everyone to see their players personal information.

wtf are you talking about? seriously. 'it's his fault for not living in a bubble..'. just shut up dood.

and what pictures are you talking about faking? there's skype history from khuna to hydra showing Xan sending him the files..he's admitted he saw them ahead of time.. and Xan sold out Khuna saying khuna logged in and did the dirty work.

They're both look like guilty and cheating criminals so far in this. You need take off with that blame the victim crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said multiple times but there is a way to prepare for it. Don't give out your personal information or allow those who you play for/associate with to allow access to your personal information.
    Can someone please ban this troll kid already
    OT I really hope Hydra gets everything back, he's one of the very very very few people that actually deserve this rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank451 View Post
    Guess he should have used an authenticator. I'll never understand why anyone doesn't have one.
    Guess you should read the thread and not just the title. I'll never understand why anyone would post like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So even more interesting stuff. In the first video linked by the OP (The one where Khuna opens up the fake ID.) one of the tabs is "google översätt" which is the google translate page to go from English to Swedish. Thus even more proof, since the player who hacked him, had him yelling in "Swedish."
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Xandyn known to be a scumbag since like forever. Hydra should get his team back, Xandyn should get jailed.
    It's pathetic how much people do for a title in a game. (inb4 "there is money involved", WoW accounts hardly sell anymore)

I do believe that Khuna is innocent cause he is french and likes patongi.
    Last edited by Nest; 2012-08-28 at 11:03 AM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    u dont have to be glad/2.4k to read AJ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    u dont have to be glad/2.4k to read AJ..
    Some of us want to be able to chat and share thoughts/opinions with other PvPers.

Plus. The community on MMO-champ is much better than on AJ

People get hacked all the time - its a risk. Not blizzards fault.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:25 AM ----------

Well it's not really possible to get r1 unless you get it on the start of the season . And Hydra stopped shortly after he got his r1 secured
    It isn't possible because people like him grind it early and sit it because they are not good enough to play the whole season and hold it. If the top teams do not play it is much harder to pass them because of the lower point gain possibility

So what I gather is that he's lame and he got hacked...

Who cares really? Maybe it was well deserved.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post

Read the whole story. Get educated before you comment.

And personally, i care because even though i do not play anymore, i take a high interest in WoW PvP, especially Disc Priest.

I've watched Hydra's vids since tbc. So ofcourse, i'm going to take an interest in what's going on to arguably one of the best Disc Priests account. More so when he's already on the edge of quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post

Hydra is probably the nicest Rank 1 player there will ever be. He sat on his rating, yeah, but so would anyone would got Rank 1 at the start of the season. MMR would have destroyed their team rating, even though they are incredibly good players. Decay will be a nice system, but they need to fix MMR as well...

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    People get hacked all the time - its a risk. Not blizzards fault.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:25 AM ----------

It isn't possible because people like him grind it early and sit it because they are not good enough to play the whole season and hold it. If the top teams do not play it is much harder to pass them because of the lower point gain possibility
    He got hacked because Blizzard accepted his ID after whomever it was that hacked him said he couldn't remember his security questions. It's incredibly easy to get into someone's account if you can get a fake ID of them. Also, it's not because they're not good enough, they used to played through seasons, but with the way MMR is now, they'll be facing random low rated teams and gaining 0, and risking losing 20 points a game. Sure, they'll win 99.99% of the time, but why take the risk of a shitty loss to lag or DC or some random bullshit?

i posted the link for the first post, not for the rest of the thread, no need to jump on me.