Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Because to him World of Warcraft is more important than anything else in his life... sadly...
    And that's why he hasn't played in 7 months

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    He caused his account to be compromised he should have to deal with losing the rating.
    your mom forget to take the morning after pill and now she has to put up with your dumb ass, i get your point

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Personally speaking just on this point, I don't see an issue with anyone having morals about competitive advantage. There's an inherent issue with a person thinking "I'll just sit and we win!" should be something to do just because they can.

It very much reminds me of the NBA before they initiated the draft lottery. Teams used to start tanking games with 15-20 games to go so they could lock up the #1 draft choice if a major potential All-Star (and in some cases even hall of Famer) was coming out. The Sixers actually set an NBA record that is still yet unmatched for most losses in a season JUST for that purpose. The reason they changed the system was to not only prevent the obvious problem of teams intentionally losing, but also preventing the further implications that has on every other team playing them.

I'm sorry, but while I may have sympathy for the guy losing what he did, I have no sympathy for him in the way it was taken. If he had been playing rather than just using the system in a way that's competitively unfair to everyone else, odds are high this never would have happened to him in the first place. He himself can't complain about what is and is not fair when what he does to maintain his position in ranking is the exact definition of unfair.

He didn't deserve to lose his character, but personally speaking, he definitely deserved to lose his team and his rank. He can't beg while choosing.

I just hope whoever had the previous #2 rank wasn't sitting on it like he was sitting on #1. That would be icing on the cake of some very nice poetic justice if they'd been playing this entire time and maintaining that spot, to move up without ever having to face their opposition for a higher seed because their opposition resorted to cowardly tactics to maintain it.
    Do a little research. He hasn't been playing since like February.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Do a little research. He hasn't been playing since like February.
    He knows...

This all said, for a guy who hasn't been playing since February, why does he even give a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Sorry but thats going to far, anyone who doesn't even know anything about "hacking" can see his name from skype or w/e and look up his facebook or something similar.

Someone going all out to bring somebody down will bring them down, its not his fault unless your going to pc cafes to paly wow or w/e or downloading keyloggers.
    Having a fake ID isn't enough. Sure you could get his real name somehow but what's about his email for his battle.net account? What's with his CD-keys or his secret question and answer? When you want to restore your account you have to give Blizzard enough informations so that they are sure that you are the rightful owner of the account and everyone who got hacked knows that an ID alone isn't enough.

So if he really got "hacked" with a keylogger or something it doesn't explain how someone would know his CD-key or his secret question + answer. If he really had an authenticator it's more or less impossible for him to get hacked because there are only methods to get hacked with an authenticator when your PC is already infected with a virus.

There are 3 options how he got hacked. He simply didn't have an authenticator and got hacked. His PC was infected with a virus that looked over all his activities and was hacked by the man-in-the-middle method, the only method to hack someone with an authenticator. He gave someone his CD-key or secret question and answer and other important info.

There are no other options and in every option it's his own fault that he got hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacko View Post
    He knows...

This all said, for a guy who hasn't been playing since February, why does he even give a shit?
    Why would he not ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    Guess he should have used an authenticator. I'll never understand why anyone doesn't have one.

Still, that really sucks.
    lets make it short

CUZ I DONT NEED ONE. if they gave it to you for free ok but im not going to pay for something i dont need

havent been hacked since the release of the Game... never understood how stupid you have to be to get hacked

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Why would he not ?
    Because a 7 month break would indicate (to most people) you have quit and don't care about the game?

Because a 7 month break would indicate (to most people) you have quit and don't care about the game?
    He's probably gonna return . He still cares about his WoW account . Rank 1 is a pretty big deal in general (Unless it's wintraded)

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    Guess he should have used an authenticator. I'll never understand why anyone doesn't have one.

Still, that really sucks.
    Because i haven't been hacked in 5/6 years of playing, even withouth an authenticator, common sense helps a lot when trying not to get hacked.

Though if you're "famous" or whatever this dude is, there's many who will try and hack you.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Having a fake ID isn't enough. Sure you could get his real name somehow but what's about his email for his battle.net account? What's with his CD-keys or his secret question and answer? When you want to restore your account you have to give Blizzard enough informations so that they are sure that you are the rightful owner of the account and everyone who got hacked knows that an ID alone isn't enough.

So if he really got "hacked" with a keylogger or something it doesn't explain how someone would know his CD-key or his secret question + answer. If he really had an authenticator it's more or less impossible for him to get hacked because there are only methods to get hacked with an authenticator when your PC is already infected with a virus.

There are 3 options how he got hacked. He simply didn't have an authenticator and got hacked. His PC was infected with a virus that looked over all his activities and was hacked by the man-in-the-middle method, the only method to hack someone with an authenticator. He gave someone his CD-key or secret question and answer and other important info.

There are no other options and in every option it's his own fault that he got hacked.

You're very misinformed.

1. Getting a person who is 'well known' in the video game worlds real name and birthday isn't that hard. Just like any 'celebrity' that info is out there.

2. You don't need a CD-Key to get your account back. That is one option. If you don't have your CD-Keys then you have to use photo ID to get it. It isn't both it's one or the other.

this sucks.. hydra is pretty much the best pvper in the world.. well priest anyway.. and im sure all of wow will miss him..

Deleted
    Id also be on a 7 month break if I was part of the highest rated 3v3 team in the world and there was nothing to do in game anymore.

Remember, top PvPers only really care about achieving the highest rank. When they get into glad range/Rank 1, the only reason for them to play again is if someone overtakes them and they get pushed out of glad range. Just like people in guilds like Method barely play outside of progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    This is a perfect example of how pitiful the WoW PvP community.

The fact nothing will be done about it (As is the same every season) shows how little Blizzard care about competitive PvP in WoW.

Edit: To anyone complaining about him sitting at the rating. Don't tell me if you had a comfortable rank 1 position, you'd risk it all by queuing. Especially when this season is full of aids comps like triple DPS.
    That's what I wanted to see.
    Are you people really so stupid to say that if you had secured a Rank 1 spot in a season that you would risk everything by queuing up just to lose that position? Get a grip people.

Evidently half of you people have no clue what happened.
    Someone built a lot of effort into getting fake information, so they could call Blizzard up, go past the authentication and change things around to get clear access to his account. I couldn't even begin to imagine the work that went into this. Someone must have been extremely jealous or perhaps angry with the fact that Hydra and his team sat on the Rank 1 spot without playing for over 9 months, which is arguably understandable.

I do think it's interesting how Blizzard could let something like this slip, but considering the amount of information the hacker(s) must have had on Hydra - that is, enough to get his account completely edited and compromised - I am not surprised Blizzard didn't see this coming.

I hope Hydra gets his rank, team and character restored. While it may be considering douchy to sit on Rank 1 for over 9 months without playing, just because you were smart enough to boost your rank all the way you needed in a few weeks, it's not enough to warrant a reset of his rank and team. After all, they were obtained legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    Remember, top PvPers only really care about achieving the highest rank. When they get into glad range/Rank 1, the only reason for them to play again is if someone overtakes them and they get pushed out of glad range. Just like people in guilds like Method barely play outside of progression.
    This pretty much . He's achieved his r1 so there's no real point in playing anymore for him

Was it the #2 on the ranking that did it? Jailtime is involved for fraud and ID theft so it must be for something important right? Like #1 rather than #10....

Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Was it the #2 on the ranking that did it? Jailtime is involved for fraud and ID theft so it must be for something important right? Like #1 rather than #10....
    What happened in AJ :

Hydra got pissed and said it was Xandyn doing it (The mage from r2 team) because he had asked Hydra to help wintrade and share r1 . Then Xandyn made like 50 walls of text talking how he didn't do it and how Hydra is a horrible person and then it ended up being on how Xandyn is ugly and how a random person has a girlfriend with small boobs .

So overall Xandyn probably didn't do anything but he got pissed for being called out a hacker in front of 2000 viewers

The matter isn't is it ethical to stay at Rank 1 for 9 months, He still got that rating and yeah he sits on it, he doesn't need to reprove that he's one of the best priests, he earned his R1, he deserves it, others should be more on blizzard for making it impossible to pass his rating with the current arena system rather than saying "fuck hydra, gets r1 first day sits till end of season"

Hydra will most likely get his title because he is recognized as MVP in blizzards eyes for promoting this game etc. and because it is not his fault he got hacked if it is true that blizzard gave his info to an scammer.
    Macbook Pro i7 2.66GHz OSX Snow Leopard Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz 8GB DDR2 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxed060 View Post
    Hydra will most likely get his title because he is recognized as MVP in blizzards eyes for promoting this game etc. and because it is not his fault he got hacked if it is true that blizzard gave his info to an scammer.
    Hydra also promotes a certain Private Server though (Don't turn it into a Private Server discussion btw people)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    This is a perfect example of how pitiful the WoW PvP community.
    This and most ppl in this thread. Low skill and ugly personality.