WoG macro for tomorrow (ret 5.0.4)

So with word of glory being usable on enemies does anyone have a macro for when you don't want to use it on the bad guy? Like for me I'll probably put a second one somewhere else for enemies at range but where I've always had mine I want a macro to make it not harmful..

I'm not very good with macros but I know it will be something to the affect of "if target is harmful cast@self; if not harmful cast@target" as far as logic goes.

This way I can heal myself if someone bad is targeted or heal a friend if I have them targeted. Anyone have a macro for this? Or can whip one up? I'm sure others need the same thing too!

Thanks,
    Regen.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    /cast [@self, harm, exists, nodead][@target, help, exists, nodead] Word of Glory

Not 100% sure it will work properly.

Deleted
    WoG is only usable on enemies with the glyph of harsh words. if you don't have that glyph, you shouldn't worry.

we still dont know if this major glyph suitable or not ! i mean do we prefere to take it or de we prefere to have something else ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip Word of Glory
    /cast [mod,target=self] Word of Glory
    /cast Word of Glory

I'll need to test it, but this should work as follows:
    • If you are targeting a hostile target, it will cast WoG on them.
    • If you are targeting a friendly target, it will cast WoG on them.
    • If you have a target, and hold a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT), you will cast WoG on yourself.
    • If you have no target, you will cast WoG on yourself. I think. Is auto-selfcast turned on by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    we still dont know if this major glyph suitable or not ! i mean do we prefere to take it or de we prefere to have something else ?!
    It's suitable for situations when you have a lower time-on-target than usual.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-27 at 02:51 PM.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Word of Glory
    /cast [mod,target=self] Word of Glory
    /cast Word of Glory

I'll need to test it, but this should work as follows:
    • If you are targeting a hostile target, it will cast WoG on them.
    • If you are targeting a friendly target, it will cast WoG on them.
    • If you have a target, and hold a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT), you will cast WoG on yourself.
    • If you have no target, you will cast WoG on yourself. I think. Is auto-selfcast turned on by default?

This macro is pretty useless, since that's EXACTLY what the spell will do by default.

I just put the normal (no macro) Word of Glory in a different place, and put the macro'd Word of Glory to where it was usually bound to. That macro is:

/cast [target=name] Word of Glory

Replace name with your own name. That macro'd version will be used as a selfheal only, while the other (non-macro'd version) Word of Glory can be used to heal friends and damage enemies.

I haven't found a way yet to make 1 Word of Glory usable as a heal and the other for damage.
    Last edited by mmoc4df2ab8a0e; 2012-08-27 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    This macro is pretty useless, since that's EXACTLY what the spell will do by default.
    Not exactly. If you're targeting a hostile unit and you need to use it on yourself? That's the only other scenario that needs addressed, that I can think of (which I suppose I completely forgot to add to my list in the first place, go me and no morning caffeine yet). You could split it up to the three modifiers specifically if you have other targets you want to throw WoG at (target of target, focus, a mouseover maybe).

Then again, you could have HealBot or Vuhdo or some other healing add-on installed, and simply use a keybound WoG for damage and click a unit frame to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Not exactly. If you're targeting a hostile unit and you need to use it on yourself? That's the only other scenario that needs addressed, that I can think of (which I suppose I completely forgot to add to my list in the first place, go me and no morning caffeine yet). You could split it up to the three modifiers specifically if you have other targets you want to throw WoG at (target of target, focus, a mouseover maybe).

Then again, you could have HealBot or Vuhdo or some other healing add-on installed, and simply use a keybound WoG for damage and click a unit frame to heal.
    If you have an enemy targeted, pressing ALT + Word of Glory will cast it on yourself, just like in your macro. If, of course, you didn't change this setting in the interface menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an enemy targeted, pressing ALT + Word of Glory will cast it on yourself, just like in your macro. If, of course, you didn't change this setting in the interface menu.
    Oh, well that explains it. Then yes, my macro is entirely useless. I probably altered that a long time ago, since I use my left ALT key as my push-to-talk for Ventrilo.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    WoG is only usable on enemies with the glyph of harsh words. if you don't have that glyph, you shouldn't worry.
    Not true, they have screwed up the mechanics of wog, I haven't touched the glyph on the beta, yet if you try to heal yourself with an enemy targeted (like you can on live) it will ONLY work if you are in range and in LoS of the enemy, even though it's suppose to be healing you. Anyone in Pvp or w.e kitting behind boxes/pillars etc is going to need a wog macro now, regardless of the glyph or not. It is very annoying, but like most things, I don't expect blizzard to fix it anytime soon.

Go try it, it's very weird to try and heal yourself only to get the text "you are not in range of your target" or line of sight...
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-08-27 at 04:07 PM.

I was looking for one under the assumption that I would be using the glyph. Without the glyph, it's pretty easy. But I can see where more than a few situations might arise that it's useful. One being pvp and with the new talent systems I might just need one spec for both.

I like the idea of just putting an @self macro where I've always had it and a plain non-macro'd one somewhere else to only press if it's enemy or healing friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Not true, they have screwed up the mechanics of wog, I haven't touched the glyph on the beta, yet if you try to heal yourself with an enemy targeted (like you can on live) it will ONLY work if you are in range and in LoS of the enemy, even though it's suppose to be healing you. Anyone in Pvp or w.e kitting behind boxes/pillars etc is going to need a wog macro now, regardless of the glyph or not. It is very annoying, but like most things, I don't expect blizzard to fix it anytime soon.

Go try it, it's very weird to try and heal yourself only to get the text "you are not in range of your target" or line of sight...
    Just tested this. You're right. That's just ****ing annoying.

Selfcast is [alt] by default.

WoG (no macro) will cast on target
    [alt]+WoG will cast on self (regardless of target)

If you're ret, I would consider using a [targetoftarget] macro instead (so it will cast on whatever your target is targeting.) to snap-heal your tank.

I don't really think holy should be burning holy power on dps, but I would probably defer to the target of target mod still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a mouseover macro, so if I'm targeting an enemy but would like to heal myself, I just hover over my portrait. It's kinda like healbot without the keybind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I use a mouseover macro, so if I'm targeting an enemy but would like to heal myself, I just hover over my portrait. It's kinda like healbot without the keybind.
    I think this is the easiest way.
    Thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not true. It does healing to a friendly target OR Damage to an enemy target.

You can use the SAME Spell to do three things if glyphed.

Heal yourself, heal your friend, hurt that one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    It definitely is a major suitable glyph.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Just tested this. You're right. That's just ****ing annoying.
    I don't think people appreciate just how annoying it is. I expect they will find out tomorrow, but I'm surprised there isn't more QQ about it, hopefully there will be tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    /cast [@self, harm, exists, nodead][@target, help, exists, nodead] Word of Glory

Not 100% sure it will work properly.

I don't see why this wouldn't be exactly what I'm looking for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I don't see why this wouldn't be exactly what I'm looking for?
    Not sure what would happen when you have no target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Not sure what would happen when you have no target.
    It'd act as WoG normally would and heal yourself, if you have self heal on. It's not preventing anything from happening with no target, it's just targeting yourself if the current target is an enemy. It just prevents it from acting as a damaging spell, so if there is no set action against it acting on no target then it should act normally.

Unless I'm completely botching this.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature