Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It shall stay this way as long as there's no addons like DBM holding people's hands though bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have downed the second boss (the ghostly assassin) with 2 completely random groups. First group had myself and 4 others who'd never been done it and weren't sure what to expect. With this group, we made it to the 5-trap temple area, but Detha was bugged and wouldn't start the event. The second group had another 4 new and clueless people with myself explaining what we needed to do (for just the second boss). And with this group, we managed to clear everything included in the Ghost Eater path.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Even when I was playing WoW and fully addicted to it, I felt that it was ridiculously easy. It's called looking down at the people who can't handle it and being an elitist jerk. What finally made me leave WoW was people not being skilled enough. Got sick and tired of dealing with it.

The only "hard" thing in WoW is finding 24 people who aren't dumb, and actually understand how to follow a simple priority rotation. Nothing else is actually that difficult or complicated. Every mechanic I've encountered in Cata is just a rehash of older mechanics they've used before in TBC or in Wrath or even vanilla, in every single raid, using different graphics.
    I have seen your posts here for a while now and can't help but compliment you for the entertainment your ego delivers. Frankly, you sound so full of shit you must have the brownest eyes on the planet. On one hand you are trying to convince yourself that you were the greatest player WoW ever saw. Then, with absolutely no accomplishments to prove this ridiculous boast, you rip your Guild as being too dumb to support you.

Did you ever pause, just for a moment, and think that maybe you were just another one of those simpletons and not the heroic warrior you imagine you see in the mirror?

Lol, of course not, but at least keep your self-centered drivel to yourself and spare us your bullshit bragging.

Please refrain from flaming other posters. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-29 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Not looking forward to this with Australian ping. Also don't like how we'll not likely get our own servers because they want to have servers all in Austin for WvWvW reasons even though WvWvW is a lame zerg fest
    WvW is awesome, it just needs some kind of travel mechanic, once you get 'lost' in the herd, you are fine for a while, but once you get picked off by chance you will never be able to get back to your keep, so I'm spending like 90% of the time running back to just get KO'd at the front gate

I agree, explorable zone felt really overtuned.

The worst part, to me, is the fact that it becomes a "corpse run", hoping someone of the group is keeping the mobs/boss in combat not to have them refill.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

So everyone say it was very hard but it was fun!!and apparently everyone have completed it...I don't argue is very hard, but coming here and say is the hardest thing I have done in any MMO but everyone seems to finally manage to do it then you cannot convince me..it will be hard for sure, but hardest thing you ever meet?and so many completed already...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    WvW is awesome, it just needs some kind of travel mechanic, once you get 'lost' in the herd, you are fine for a while, but once you get picked off by chance you will never be able to get back to your keep, so I'm spending like 90% of the time running back to just get KO'd at the front gate
    I disagree, WvWvW you just feel like a nobody in a big zerg, at least in sPVP you can take a node, or 1v1 someone and take them down. WvWvW if you want to melee you are at a huge disadvantage, so it's just ranged spam. Not fun at all.

I agree..need much more in terms of waypoints, to the keeps which you hold etc..although that might make defence too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, WvWvW you just feel like a nobody in a big zerg, at least in sPVP you can take a node, or 1v1 someone and take them down. WvWvW if you want to melee you are at a huge disadvantage, so it's just ranged spam. Not fun at all.
    If you're playing WvW alone then yes, it's really just a zergfest. But if you play it with a guild or a group of people focused on WvW it's highly tactical and very fun game. If you're a melee you can't just run in the middle of the random zerg group, that's right. But you can go off the road to block reinforcements, you can attack/defend supply caravans, you can build and use defensive siege weapons, you can take a small group with you and take a less protected outpost (tower or supply depot). There's plenty of things to do, even as a melee. The only thing you can't do as a melee is to rush in the middle of the zerg banging on a keep door.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you upgrade the keep enough you can build waypoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    I agree..need much more in terms of waypoints, to the keeps which you hold etc..although that might make defence too easy.
    Easy fix, contested waypoints. Just like in PvE when centaurs attack a village!

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    It should be avoidable. Like the last boss raises his sword everytime he does anything life-threatening, and the captain before the 15 ghosts event actually does 1s animation before throwing his shackle-of-death. That shackle was an issue for me since I'm playing a low HP elementalist from SEA region where my nation's biggest international underwater cable was severed a month ago but isnt reconnected yet, so my ping was always in the region of 450-500, couldnt do shit even if I know its coming.

Still I think twitch gameplay in a MMORPG is not right. I can manage playable ping in a 64 player BF3 server in Singapore, but not in a MMORPG game with servers across the ocean.
    I haven't tried messing with the graphics yet (and at work right now). But I'm finding it extremely hard to even SEE the tells at the moment lol. Because there are just so many graphical things happening on the boss most the time. Just started running stuff last night, but still a huge issue. Maybe its just a melee issue, as I'm a guardian in melee range most the time.

So if anyone has a suggestion on what graphic setting to mess with to only turn down spell effects on target, that would be great, thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:21 AM ----------

Playing on my guardian as melee, I have to 100% disagree. Because I feel like superman turning the tide of battle. You just need to build around having some ranged protection so you can charge in to begin with. And once I charge in, I open the way for the rest of the melee

You should also be flanking large groups like that. It doesn't take much disruption in the back line of the enemy group to give your team the advantage. You might just need to get a group to play with as well. Because it does make a huge difference having people to support you.

WvW - Even with with contested waypoints you would get back to the fight to early by using a closer waypoint than the starting point... i like the long run, YES it is annoying and painful to do BUT, THAT IS THE POINT! without that annoying run there is no downside to death... have you ever played paint ball? it sucks getting hit, but thats what makes it different than a water fight because you avoid it at all costs... if you make it quicker and easier to get back into the action you might as well get out the squirt guns because who cares if you get hit, just rez and run back in... Already people treat WvW as a verg fest, once people understand how to play the game it will be much better...

Back to Dungeon talk- I tried my first Dungeon last night, with only 3 people... it is VERY hard, the title of this thread is true... it might be the hardest thing i have done in an MMO, but again, THAT'S THE POINT! they have no raids, the dungeons are GW2 "raids"... only a 5 man instance, but if people beat it first few days whats the point??? If you are a PvE'er you should be loving this... i had a blast and i didn't even get to a boss, trash was kicking our @$$!!! but there was progression... i cant wait to spend more hours in each and every dungeon trying to figure it out and getting the prize at the end... satisfaction i beat something everyone else just complains on forums about (and you were thinking my prize was dungeon loot!)
    Last edited by Lord Wokoom; 2012-08-29 at 02:40 PM.

Anyone got past the mini spider boss in explorer mode? :| We gave up ....

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    There are no tanks in this game, so you aint likely be one shot by bosses abilities (unlike world events where it scales upwards depending on the number of player participating). Its unlike WoW where you can play without any defensive abilitie as a DPS, so stop complaining.
    Oddly enough, I didn't say anything about getting 1 shot. So funny how your argument is so shallow that you actually had to make something up just to respond. But the whole "aint likely" part tells me you have no experience in explorable mode dungeons so far, so honestly, your opinion on content you haven't seen is completely moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vryyce View Post
    Did you ever pause, just for a moment, and think that maybe you were just another one of those simpletons and not the heroic warrior you imagine you see in the mirror?
    Considering I have not once failed to a mechanic this expansion... I'm pretty sure it's the people in my raid who are constantly getting hit by shit like the ground fiery circle of death on Magmaw, or accidentally setting off magma traps on Rag, or being dumb enough to walk right into a crystal trap on Shannox, that my raiding guild was absolute shit. If an Enhancement Shaman is the one topping meters without being the most geared in the guild, especially compared to the Warlocks, it's everybody else who's doing something wrong.

It ain't bragging, I'm just stating what I've observed, and what others have shared with me (especially from others in the Shaman community that I chatted with frequently through the official WoW forums and Vent servers) - that all of this stuff that people fail to is so ridiculously easy that it's amazing anybody can fuck up.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 04:43 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Considering I have not once failed to a mechanic this expansion...
    I lol'd, stop lying. Also i notice you in quite a lot of threads calling WoW and starting arguments about it, you seem rather threatened by it.

Did first story mode today, ended up going ranged on my warrior after a few packs and a boss, it's clearly the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    More fucking traps: Yup, more traps that one shot you.
    IDK, bring a thief to detect trap? (Just off the top of my head relying on my old AD&D experience.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I lol'd, stop lying.
    It ain't no lie. O_o
    There aren't any mechanics in WoW that are hard to execute. Some of them are hard to execute alone... I kinda got tired of being the only guy alive on HM Hagara during the ice phase. Well, me and that one Rogue, but somebody has to Vanish to mass rez, and he liked to "fight" for the chance to be that guy.

I'm not particularly threatened by WoW, either, I just don't have any other MMORPG to bring up, because I haven't played others nearly as extensively. Never touched WAR, Rift, or SWTOR. I hear Rift's raiding is truly top-notch and challenging, and I've seen plenty of them say the same things about WoW PvE that I have been saying, but I can't really trust everything I read on the forums. Maybe I'll try playing Rift one day to see how the raiding truly compares, but I don't see the point.

I've played City of Heroes, but never got a character to max level, so it'd be silly to bring that one up.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 06:04 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Now I'm not one to complain about GW2 because lets face it, it's a great game. However, this is something that bothers me greatly. What's that? Dungeon Explorer mode. It's probably the hardest thing I have ever attempted in any MMO. You think 25 man heroic with no debuff in WoW is hard? You haven't seen anything yet. Let me share with you my experience.

Mini-Boss: The first encounter you will see in the explorer mode (Catacombs) is a massive Lizard that summons adds. This little boss was pretty much a push over. Once we beat him, then NPCs took us to their camp and we got to choose which path to take.

Traps! Oh my: Next you will encounter some annoying traps that will literally one shot you. No big deal, they were easy to avoid.

Second Mini-Boss: So the second little boss you encounter is a spider queen. Now this is where the pain starts to happen. You walk into this room with statue heads on the walls that shoot our fireballs that deal AoE damage. While we are trying to clear out this room, the spider boss randomly spawns on top of you. No problem, right? WRONG. The spider boss spawns with about 50 baby spider adds that literally one shot you. The second the spider boss spawned we all died because we had no time to react to it. After about 20 minutes trying to kill those small adds, we finally got the encounter to where only the spider boss was up. He had simple mechanics and we beat him.

More fucking traps: Yup, more traps that one shot you.

One of the main bosses: We finally reached one of the main bosses for the patch we choose. This is where the dungeon turned from very hard, but doable, to impossible to do. This boss is a human ghost. He has two adds that are Monks, these monks are a pain in the ass because they heal and deal a ton of damage and are hard to kill. So for our first attempt, like any sane person we decided to kill the monks straight away. So as a Ranger, I pulled the boss for my group and we started to focus one of the monks. About 5 seconds into the fight, our entire part gets pulled into the main boss and we get one shot. So after a few attempts, we learn that if you stand far enough from the boss, you can't get pulled into him and get one shot. By the way, you can't avoid dying once you get pulled in because the second you get pulled in, the boss instantly does a whirlwind. You are unable to dodge this after you get pulled. So by this time after we learned how to avoid his pull, we lasted about a minute into the fight. Still trying to kill the Monks.. We got one of the monks to 3% health and then next thing we know, the monk was healed back to full health. Oh, and we all got pulled into the boss and died again. Next few attempts, the boss started pulling us literally across the map. You know how in WoW Death Knights have that deathgrip? This is what the boss was doing to all of us one at a time. After about an hour of not getting anywhere with this boss, we gave up.

I feel like the explorer modes are way over tuned. I mean, I love a challenge, but this isn't a challenge at all. It's literally impossible to do these dungeons in explorer mode at the recommended level (35). Remember we had 3 level 40s and two level 35s. Yes we all get down leveled to 35, but we are still stronger then a normal 35. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually beat a path on explorer mode yet for Catacombs. If so, I'd like to hear your strategy.

If its too hard go back to wow. Besides, completing a dungeon the first time you experience it shows that it is not hard enough.