Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I play a hunter ever since, and I don't mind the changes.... Especially the expertise change is just another move in a more realistic direction, since the removal of the raining arrows. I cannot see a problem in PVP with Expertise either. I don't know many people who won't switch into their PVE set when fighting a boss in a BG (AV, Isle). In PVE I'm seldom behind a boss. Or let's say more seldom than it used to be, because many tanks don't turn the target around anymore (true for lower bosses in 5 mans). And even then, I can just reach the cap and I'm fine.
    The Aspects change. hmmm.. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. On the positive note, Hunters still have their aspects, unlike Pallies who get their Auras taken away.
    You don't see a problem in pvp with expertise?

Btw Anyone calculated what lvl of expertise is needed to fully negate an agillity user, say a feral for instance, dodging hunters bullets?
    Just as a thought experiment.

You get no range minimun, what more can you ask for?

I was responding in term of both. As i play both at a high level (getting Glad this season).

Rogues and Warriors (and probably other melees, idk i don't play them) already need to reforge to expertise. We will be the same as them now, and i don't remember them doing badly because of this. You won't be able to cap over a rogue's evasion tough, obviously, thats where playing smartly comes in.

Yes its an annoying change and a "nerf" but its really nothing to quit over, you won't quit over this so no point in even saying that. If you do, you would had quit anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expertise change is welcomed. I mean come on, you were the only damage dealing class that only need hit OR expertise. Everyone else needed both or a crapton of hit. This means that you no longer have more stats to put into secondary than others, helping fix one of the inevitable balance issues.

But seriously I don't get why you're crying, the game isn't even launched yet and you haven't tried it properly in a live frame. So try it before you cry.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Hi, Blizzard here. Ok ok, we'll rollback the expertise change. Please resub :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Expertise is fine. One of the main reasons we did very well in the first tier in Cataclysm was the fact that we had much more points we could spend on crit/haste/mastery than any other class
    That's exactly what I wanted to say. I played a Hunter in T11 and getting hitcapped was extremely easy. During the first raid my raid leader got mad at our Mage not being fully hitcapped and the whole discussion came up. What other classes had to go through to get fully hit and/or expertise capped was nuts. I think Hunters needing expertise is a fine and balanced change.

Deleted
    I think the frustration stems from not being reimbursed for when hunters main damage abilities gets dodged in pvp, with the drawbacks being both using most of hunters resource And incuring a cd.

There doesnt seem to be acounted for slapping on expertise, in hunter mechanics as with any other physical damage dealer.

I would be perfectly fine Having to double dip hit, instead of hit and expertise, so the stat alocation is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    2 of the most moronic changes I have ever seen in regards to hunters and pvp

1. Expertise:

Any agility based class INCLUDING other hunters are going to make our damage pathetic and even more subject to RNG than it already is.

2. Aspects on GCD:

Why? Really? What is the reasoning behind this change? Is it really that overpowered that we are allowed to use our damage aspect to fire instant shots now and then?

Really I would prefer it if you just removed aspect of the fox and let us use iron hawk and return to the wrath play style now we don't have min range any longer.

My wow sub lasts 2 months after this patch is released, no intention of renewing if these changes stick.
    Once you are hit and expertise capped you should suffer zero penalty from that change.

as for aspects on GCD .. its really not as bad as you are making it out to be, they want you to consider carefully where and when to change aspect and to not simply be able to spam aspect swaps every time you feel like firing while moving.

Adapt or dont . .the choice is yours.

Wildtree, you know how much dodge people can get in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by PlentyOcool View Post
    I think the frustration stems from not being reimbursed for when hunters main damage abilities gets dodged in pvp, with the drawbacks being both using most of hunters resource And incuring a cd.

There doesn't seem to be accounted for slapping on expertise, in hunter mechanics as with any other physical damage dealer.

I would be perfectly fine Having to double dip hit, instead of hit and expertise, so the stat allocation is the same.
    get hit and expertise capped for PvP and you wont get dodged shots .. only rogues with evasion up will be able to dodge a capped hunter.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I was responding in term of both. As i play both at a high level (getting Glad this season).

Yes its an annoying change and a "nerf" but its really nothing to quit over, you won't quit over this so no point in even saying that. If you do, you would had quit anyway.

It's not a nerf at all, get capped and you will never get dodged shots. (only exception is a rogue with evasion up)

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    on the plus side we can start taking all the agi+exp trinks, rings etc off tihose pesky rogues. win win.

I love it when hunters get nerfed. Their tears are like candy rainbows.

Infracted. ~Asrialol
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-08-28 at 03:36 PM.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    I love it when hunters get nerfed. Their tears are like candy rainbows.
    Good thing it's not a nerf then.

The OP's post is nothing more than a hunter failing to adapt and accept necessary changes to our class.

if they quit because of these changes then we will have lost nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    get hit and expertise capped for PvP and you wont get dodged shots .. only rogues with evasion up will be able to dodge a capped hunter.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:48 PM ----------

It's not a nerf at all, get capped and you will never get dodged shots. (only exception is a rogue with evasion up)
    Oh so you know the awsner to my question it seems.
    What is the "cap" for hit and expertise when fighting, a feral, a rogue (without evasion up), a monk, an enhance shammy?

Addiena i pose this question to you as well: how much dodge do you think people can get in pvp?

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 01:30 PM ----------

Also zergal: how can you see not being able to negate dodge being a huge disadvantage in pvp?

As I've said before: most of our damage is crit reliant and adding this extra layer of RNG on top of it just makes us a worthless class in pvp because we have no consistency, even less with this change.

Hunters are actually good on beta, why complain when you haven't played it in pvp yet.

you're assuming i haven't played the beta, which is false. I have played it in pvp and the aspect change is horrible and the expertise change is like having the nelf racial on every agility based class but 10x worse.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/08/sc...s-of-pandaria/
    http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...ise-cap-guide/

Go here it will tell you every thing you need to know

but

3% hit and 3% expertise will cap you for PvP against other players, you can go to 5% expertise to counter Nelf 2% racial dodge bonus if you wish.

"I have to get the same stats as all the other DPS classes!? Fuck you Blizz I'm quitting!!"

As for Aspects, it's similar to why they changed Stances for Warriors, "Stance dancing" or "Aspect dancing" is just macro'ing things, which doesn't take any skill to do, they don't like people to have to look up these macro's in order to do the "normal" DPS.

Deleted
    You lost your min. range...