Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, it's not like people where suddenly ok with it. Personally, I went to "ok" from "meh" when they raised it from 50% to 75%. I started to wonder then if it could work out, but.. there is a couple of problems:

- If I stop to use Sblock for HR, I will lose around 10% damage.
    - If I rely on Dev and SS to proc enrage for me, I will probably lose enrage uptime, considering that with heavy avoidance many more GCDs will be spend on revenge, which doesn't proc enrage.

So... the only solution seems to spend the rage on SBlock anyways, even if you are avoiding up to 50-55% attacks (after lvl 93 bosses), and blocking only for 30%. Looking at it from the outside seems retarded, but hey, if this is the intended playstile for 5.4... K, will do. Though it's demential that HR glyph it's still tied to Sblock. How it's the avodiance style coherent without it? Do they intend to make people choose between mastery+Sblock and avoidance+Sbar? Because both options fall so, so, so short on damage it's not even funny.

It's going to end badly, unless they catch up with reality. Problem is that they seem to be content with the state, have left it as it is and have gone to work into buffing paladins.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...0279024641?p=v

Yep, living on a paralell reality. Really, I don't want to give him shit about a random twitter, you can't be on the ball for everything at everytime. But... catch up with your numbers GC, of course you can cap crit block next tier. It feels like the class is again to be solved at the next expansion. Just like always.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-07-17 at 06:18 PM.

I see no reason to replace block with barrier. We're going to be swimming in rage as it is, so keep the current model of weaving in barrier when block is on CD, still reap the benefits of HR and enjoy your extra crit. We'll have a similar baseline of blocking like it was in cata with capped mastery, and still maintain about half crit block. I fail to see the real problem here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...0279024641?p=v

Yep, living on a paralell reality. Really, I don't want to give him shit about a random twitter, you can't be on the ball for everything at everytime. But... catch up with your numbers GC, of course you can cap crit block next tier. It feels like the class is again to be solved at the next expansion. Just like always.
    lmao, thats my tweet
    someone smart tell me what to answer lol :P
    No idea how to word it, i mean, im ~8k short with double mastery trinkets. Haven't really checked SoO gear etc.

I'd like to say something like, is it such a bad thing for end tier with an existing cap on shieldblock, and paladins cap, monk eb crit cap etc.

Sounds silly, but i dont wanna fuck over the warrior community with a bad answer lol. Even tho its a simple question :s
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-17 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I see no reason to replace block with barrier. We're going to be swimming in rage as it is, so keep the current model of weaving in barrier when block is on CD, still reap the benefits of HR and enjoy your extra crit. We'll have a similar baseline of blocking like it was in cata with capped mastery, and still maintain about half crit block. I fail to see the real problem here.
    The problem is that you are putting all your secondary stats into a stat that works against one of your AM. And then you are going to keep using it. The more you get, the useless the AM gets. You will put a Sblock up and you will dodge, parry, block 60k - 140k hit, block 60k - 140k hit, a barrier will shave off 300k instead. The more gear you get, the shittier it gets your AM. If you want an analogy, let's say they designed arms warrior so strength increased autoattack damage and decreased slam damage. You get more gear, you do more damage. But you end up avoiding slam, getting more and more damage just for standing afk behind the boss, and just spamming HS whatever it's happening around.

It's a terrible design to tie avoidance gearing with Sblock. They need to fucking increase the damage for a good 30-35%. I can't see why they need to be shy about it, or make it so you are getting fucked on the mitigation department only to end up not even close. If they have gone and put a "Unwavering Sentinel now gives +35% damage", changed it to "now increases for a 50% damage" in 5.5, they would have solved the problem and could have gone back to drink gin until the next expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-07-17 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im new to prot warrioring. Ive read the faq's on here and mmo and I think I have a pretty god grasp on everything mechanics wise....sorta. There are a few things tho that I just dont understand for the life of me. Now This question I know its been covered more times and I hope I dont incite rage or anything but I just dont get it and its in relation to shield barrier

I understand its purpose and how it should work on paper but in game I just cant get very good use out of it. Now I know it may most likely be a gear/skill issue aswell but as Ive been running dungeons and lfr and what not and I can never get a decent enough barrier that dosent get chewed through in a instant. Now to my understanding sb's purpose is to absorb one big hit and rage, stam, and veng are all factored in. I found a addon that actively tells me how big my sb would be. Encounter wise I havent been able to either a. time it right b. get a sb that looks decent enough. One thing maybe because this is my first prot warrior I used to tank on a dk and I think to myself sb is the same as blood shield so Im expecting the same numbers. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

My next question is in regards to reforge prios. Now I do know hit cap then expertise can take president then mastery parry etc. Ive seen some warriors in higher end gear or not even higher end a little bit better gear level than lfr 502+ going crit on some pieces. Is this in anticipation for 5.4? or is it just nothing left to reforge into after a certain amount of mastery is met?

If anyone can explain these to me it would be much appreciated.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    My next question is in regards to reforge prios. Now I do know hit cap then expertise can take president then mastery parry etc. Ive seen some warriors in higher end gear or not even higher end a little bit better gear level than lfr 502+ going crit on some pieces. Is this in anticipation for 5.4? or is it just nothing left to reforge into after a certain amount of mastery is met?
    In current content only people that might get into crit are meter padding aka jerks like Eddy that want to get high ranks . For progress there really is no reason to go into crit AT ALL.

We cannot reach any level of mastery that would validate this, also next patch anyone doing progress will most likely go Hit > Exp > Avoidance/Stamina

To work with Riposte.

As for your shieldbarrier, it's all about timing it, you want it to soak the big hit, if the big hit has a cast bar, put it up when the cast starts. Try and have a 60 rage barrier for those type of things. Generally at lower levels of vengeance Barrier isn't all the great which might be why you've found very little use for it in LFR/LFD.

Keep it civil. There is no need to call someone a jerk
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-19 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Fist off: getting a decently big sbar mostly depends on your vengeance, but only on high vengeance levels it is comparable to bloodshield. But if you're going for a mastery build (most reasonable thing to do atm imo, in 10 man at least), you'll want sblock to be your primary rage dump, especially for big hits (Ji'Kun talon rake, tortos snaping bite) and only dump excess rage into sbar. If there are unblockable big hits (Horridon), magic damage (Flame thingy 2nd Phase of Twin Consorts) or doing outgeared content that's another story and here sbar shines.

Regarding mastery cap and crit: the mastery cap is unobtainable atm (it's like 19k or so), but you'll still want to stack it as much as possible (after hit/exp caps), then parry, then dodge. - Crit is (apart from a dps boost) a useless stat for Warrior Tanks until 5.4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    In current content only people that might get into crit are meter padding aka jerks like Eddy that want to get high ranks
    Wow... </3

Personally my strategy for 25HC progress is going to be picking up all the currently dog items from ToT, Dodge / Parry, and using them going into the next tier and keeping an avoidance gearing strategy while still gemming full out stamina, aiming for around 1.15 million health raid buffed at around 3 Heroic Bosses down level progression. However probably using one stam trinket and Heroic Gaze given the relative terribadness of the animus trinket and just waiting for one of the ridiculously good SoO trinkets

On farm at least avoidance will be sufficient for big numbers but if you go crit to push it as far as you can you wont be seeing the same level of survivability decrease that you would currently and it will be really very viable to be full crit for farming bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    someone smart tell me what to answer lol :P
    I don't want to be in your shoes :X

934 hands http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103792
    950 shoulder http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99196
    1501 helmet http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99203
    1086 boots http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103746
    1387 chest http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103915
    1054 belt http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103933
    670 ring1 http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103897
    662 ring2 http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103896
    734 neck http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103916
    991 back legendary cloak
    547 pants http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99195 (reforged)
    331 wrist http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103742 (reforged)
    481 mainhand http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103826
    824 offhand http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103871

= 12.152

That's without gems, enchants, trinkets, upgrades or any heroic raiding gear (hi thunderforged!). We only need 19.465 for crit block cap thus it's fairly achievable if we'd want to (twenty pure mastery gems alone bring us fairly close to that). The crux is: even when we reach that goal we wouldn't be capable of blocking every other melee swing due to the cooldown on shield block (2/3 is maximum uptime after all) but paladins will be capable of achieving 100% SotR uptime with t16 and their 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    Fist off: getting a decently big sbar mostly depends on your vengeance, but only on high vengeance levels it is comparable to bloodshield.
    I beg to differ, only when your healers starts to cry over vent and you reach insane vengeance level sbar can help you to achieve immortality... else it just scales with damage, eating a good chunk of the next hit but that's about it. A mastery heavy pushed blood shield can last for a while

---

On the legendary cloak: Blizzard please ~

"Now does damage based on AP instead of weapon damage" yeah, so now we'll have to pick up the dps cloak for insane fun with vengeance, like that was balanced with the meta gem. Just yesterday i saw a single meta procc crit on Dark Animus heroic for 1.5 million damage, fun times. Why they aren't capable of adding the "Does not function for non-Tank-specialized characters." from the tanking cloak with a non-dps-specialized character for the dps cloak as well? Is it really that hard to do, won't they see the arising problems?
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-18 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    "Now does damage based on AP instead of weapon damage" yeah, so now we'll have to pick up the dps cloak for insane fun with vengeance, like that was balanced with the meta gem. Just yesterday i saw a single meta procc crit on Dark Animus heroic for 1.5 million damage, fun times. Why they aren't capable of adding the "Does not function for non-Tank-specialized characters." from the tanking cloak with a non-dps-specialized character for the dps cloak as well? Is it really that hard to do, won't they see the arising problems?
    Didn't think about that in all honesty, is especially pretty gay for Monks & Druids as they actually have some pretty good primairy stats there.... Can't imagen they'll leave it in there... then again... I believe they fucked up the meta on druids aswell at first...

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone
    Wow... </3
    You know how it is, you making me look bad you know, all that anger has to be released somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Wow... </3

Personally my strategy for 25HC progress is going to be picking up all the currently dog items from ToT, Dodge / Parry, and using them going into the next tier and keeping an avoidance gearing strategy while still gemming full out stamina, aiming for around 1.15 million health raid buffed at around 3 Heroic Bosses down level progression. However probably using one stam trinket and Heroic Gaze given the relative terribadness of the animus trinket and just waiting for one of the ridiculously good SoO trinkets

On farm at least avoidance will be sufficient for big numbers but if you go crit to push it as far as you can you wont be seeing the same level of survivability decrease that you would currently and it will be really very viable to be full crit for farming bosses
    I think 1.15 fully buffed is a bit low. I have a H Gaze but havn't used it yet. Does it net more crit then the Prim crit trinket?

I find it funny that they replaced Dodge with Exp on the legendary cloak when dodge is now worth half a shit.

Deleted
    I think gaze will net you more crit yeah, would be my preferred trinket to have although stuck with the LFR one atm :<

Indeed, I even got the feeling it was due to not wanting to give too much to DK's Warriors... could be wrong though

Deleted
    Ñe, you end up reforging expertise to avoidance, so it doesn't change a zint. If anything, it's part of their wonderful plan of making warriors and dks reach 20% expertise when you can't reforge it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Ñe, you end up reforging expertise to avoidance, so it doesn't change a zint. If anything, it's part of their wonderful plan of making warriors and dks reach 20% expertise when you can't reforge it away.
    Thats my point. At this ilvl we are reforging out of hit/exp so why put it on there? I think I'm still gonna be full stam gemming and atleast 1 stam trinket for H 25 SoO. If I'm not mistaken, the CD reduction trinket is a stam trinket right?

They really need to make the legendary DPS procs only work with dps specs.

If the current itemization for the drops stays as they are, we can avoid a lot of hit and expertise items in favor of dodge, parry or mastery, so I don't think we'll have to worry too much about being forced over the caps.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If the current itemization for the drops stays as they are, we can avoid a lot of hit and expertise items in favor of dodge, parry or mastery, so I don't think we'll have to worry too much about being forced over the caps.
    If the drop gods favor us.... No offense but I sat at 9.5% hit at some point during heroic progression simply unable to reduce it in any other way but going back sadly this was a huge loss in other stats so I couldn't really do that either >.<

Deleted
    But it's expertise and you can/want 5100 rating after all. Plus avoidance will be far more interesting so if you wear several expertise/avoid pieces ... that's okay. Add reforging and it's up to 8500 expertise you can deal with, scroll up a few posts and see my rough maths for mastery on 5.4 gear, you could wear 10-12 pieces of expertise and still do fine. All you want to do is avoiding it on trinkets

What's the big deal with (heroic) gaze? That trinket adds a flat amount of crit (up to <6% per procc) and without any haste on gear it's proccrate should be terribly low, shouldn't it? Is it the lack of another stamina trinket with high ilvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I think 1.15 fully buffed is a bit low.
    With how much hitpoints you conquered current heroics?
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-19 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    They really need to make the legendary DPS procs only work with dps specs.
    Why ? The tanking one is pretty shit ?
    situational at best, they wont be able to design encounters around every single tank having one, so it wont be required.
    If it wont be required, how much will it be used ?

Its same argument as dps meta vs tank one, you cant rely on the tank proc while the dps proc will always provide its benefit
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-19 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    What's the big deal with (heroic) gaze? That trinket adds a flat amount of crit (up to <6% per procc) and without any haste on gear it's proccrate should be terribly low, shouldn't it? Is it the lack of another stamina trinket with high ilvl?
    Well, its procrate is pretty damn high if you have the upgraded HC TF version, on the order of around 60%+ even with no haste

Also I think gaining 150k-200k is going to be about the limit for the first week of normal clearing and 3 or so bosses down in hc the following week

If items showed in SoO item list are more or less real what about pieces with Crit/Mastery only on them? Another thing is why they didn't add 1-3 items (token) for us with such Crit/Mastery like they added Haste to paladins tokens (3)?

Would be amazing to see DPS cloak doesn't work for tank spec players, but they won't do it probably as paladin tanks loves it (haste), guess it would be good thing to switch for it (damage on progression (shorter fights)) as mentioned. Did anyone tweeted GC or any other about it, as chances he answer on it is 1 to 100.