As it currently stands, and if they don't change the quest, we'll be able to get the legendary cloak the day that 5.4 hits. All that is required atm is killing a boss on the new island and a bunch of RP.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    You might misunderstood us there, we 10 man tanks are worried about the option to (maybe) only acquire one cloak via quest and then we'll have to decide between a safety net we don't need most of the time or a dps increase which has yet to be determined (on top of 600 useless haste).

Glad to see I'm not the only one not worried about the legendary tanking cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    You might misunderstood us there, we 10 man tanks are worried about the option to (maybe) only acquire one cloak via quest and then we'll have to decide between a safety net we don't need most of the time or a dps increase which has yet to be determined (on top of 600 useless haste).
    And I'm saying make the DPS proc only work for DPS specs and then you have nothing to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Caster DPS were balanced around having the legendary going into DS. Classes were buffed and nerfed assuming they had that
    So entire classes was balanced around something extremely few had ? The staff wasnt even "viable" for all ranged...
    Assuming you get it after progression it doesn't matter at all to you and why would you care, for the greater good of wow ?

The cloak is on rppm system, they can easily tweak the values for each tank seperatily, if it would turn out broken.
    Maybe im naive but i cant see how the option would ruin tank balance, like you say, if everyone can get the dps cloak, its balanced.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-23 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    The cloak is on rppm system, they can easily tweak the values for each tank seperatily, if it would turn out broken.
    Maybe im naive but i cant see how the option would ruin tank balance, like you say, if everyone can get the dps cloak, its balanced.
    should be like that... but that's why mastery was brought in, to be an easy way to balance... do they use it? of course not!
    a large part of the imbalance for dps specs at the moment is the strength of the meta for certain specs, eg for melee/hunter meta fury/arms gets the least damage from it and are behind because of it, they could fix that without a patch even... going to happen? no!
    but hopefully the difference in strength of the proc for different classes isn't to big.

Deleted
    We need to consolidate all our info and resources into a new thread chaps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    We need to consolidate all our info and resources into a new thread chaps!
    You mean a new guide, or a "5.4 and on" thread?

Deleted
    A new protection discussion thread!

The guide can be updated of course if needed though

since there is only a 5.4 thread i ask here. what trinket it "better" from the shado pan assault? the mastery with use dodge or the exp with proc str?
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    exp with proc str?
    Would be the winner just because of how bad Dodge is, and you want exp cap anyhow. Aswell as the str proc giving some nice DPS & parry aswell.

Deleted
    Dodge per se is weak but a on demand high avoidance chance is actually really good since it won't cut into your DR-budget. Ie think of Ji-Kun when you already got "enough" dot stacks. If you have enough expertise on the rest of your gear (or to many red sockets ) the exp trinket is probably overload, else it won't matter.

From a dps PoV the strength procc clearly wins, even while sitting on a high amount of attackpower via vengeance... adding another 8-9k strength is still noticeable. I still tank the harder hitting bosses though (Durumu, Primordius) with the -mastery passiv/dodge on use- one due to the lack of attractive defensive alternatives.

Deleted
    I still tank the harder hitting bosses though (Durumu, Primordius) with the -mastery passiv/dodge on use- one due to the lack of attractive defensive alternatives.
    You should start slapping your healers a bit

Not to say your points aren't true but when making a choice between trinkets generally I dislike avoidance on use trinket which is 100% personal preference and doesn't mean they're weak at all. I just don't like em :x

Deleted
    Primordius can be a real dealbreaker. Looking at a log from several months ago: i ate 110k dps on average over 6 minutes, Metabolic Boost uptime was 40%. I didn't have 2 piece back then and prefered Barrier on almost everything (since 55-60% of the incoming damage is unblockable, periodic nature though). Last night we were one minute faster, i had about 15-20 more ilvl but still ate 100k dps. I used block 2.5 times as much (50% vs 20% uptime) but his Metabolic Boost uptime was 80%, so the tank damage was noticeable higher. Add that this damn boost also increases the amount of stacks you get (25 in the faster kill vs 20) which all adds up. We still three heal this fight to date and it doesn't seem to get that much easier over time.

For Durumu: i'm still scared of this boss, hate his tankswap mechanic + mortal strike effect and the way we tend to get damage. Add that with immobile healer and unlucky assignments it gets really messy in the Spectrum phase.

Add that we play on low flame during farm time. That's noticeable different from playing several nights per week and we might get rusty, lazy and distracted at some point

Deleted
    We still three heal this fight to date and it doesn't seem to get that much easier over time.
    Should just two heal it now to be honest, makes the fight so short the actual damage doesn't start flying.

For Durumu: i'm still scared of this boss, hate his tankswap mechanic + mortal strike effect and the way we tend to get damage. Add that with immobile healer and unlucky assignments it gets really messy in the Spectrum phase.
    I agree, I really don't like the fight much at all.

Add that we play on low flame during farm time. That's noticeable different from playing several nights per week and we might get rusty, lazy and distracted at some point
    On that note did you actually get to tank Ra-Den yet? I recall you beeing pissy about a monk doing it and what not. I found this fight rather fun to tank as a warrior, and in the gear currently it's not a problem at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would really apreciate some positive or negative critisism form this weeks attempts at heroic horridon. Our pallie tank is 100% on horridon so I have "add duty" 100% of the time and I feel... well sub par! Adds tend to go straight for pallie tank (stupid healing threat through the freaking roof) and in general I felt like a mess on door 3 with the 2 MS adds slapping me like a little girl and adds seemed to go all over .. sigh any tips would be much apreciated..

here is our WOL from Wednesday
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yl901ymfez3xo5aq/

As we only raid 1 night for 4 hours I need to find all my mistakes asap so we don't "waste" another night...just felt really inadequate on the fight >.<

Armory in signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Adds tend to go straight for pallie tank (stupid healing threat through the freaking roof) and in general I felt like a mess on door 3 with the 2 MS adds slapping me like a little girl and adds seemed to go all over .. sigh any tips would be much apreciated..
    Didn't bother with the logs or armory yet but first things I'd say is make the paladin either disable rightious fury after he has some agro... Or better yet, put his ass on the adds.... Generally they have an easier time agroing due to some of the healing they do. Atleast our prot paladin does this generally.

We do actually have me do Door #3 always since he doesnt give the armor reduction and we needed all the dps while progressing here. That and I'm slightly more aware then my OT .

Door #3 just, mark yourself and tell EVERYONE to stack on you and follow you around when you dodge frost orbs. The AOE kills the kills the little shits, generally don't be afraid to use SW and LS and anything on this door to survive. It hurts.

Deleted
    @Odeanathus
    You approach Primordius with totally different tactic, we need the third healer for our way (hps requirements ranging from 350-450k depending on his mutation combos). Since we can't afford a second raid night during farm (+nobody is willing to learn new tricks) we just stick to what we used for the first kill, ie we three-tank DA to date instead of using the zerg strat and our monk won't kite the bats, thus making ranking impossible

We still have one raidmember left without the Ra-Den+Undying achievement, so i happily step back (and sit out every other raid). When i did my research for Ra-Den there were half a dozen logs avaible from warrior successfully tanking him on 10M, but that's ~ 10 weeks back. Today it's 70 entries and in it's current state we can easily 9 man the boss (8 should be possible as well). It's way more important for my raid to clear the instance on time though since we simply can't find a second night per week when everyone is willing to attend and our roster is rather small compared to yours, so ... .

@Odina
    Honestly i'd have your paladin solo tank Qon for some easy loots before bothering with Horridon.
    - drop 4 piece as soon as you got some heroic pieces with better stats. But when you got it you should start using it...
    - I'd pick up the Brutal Talisman instead of an ilvl <500 stamina trinket
    - have your paladin on the adds instead of the boss, why would you want it the other way around? They deal superior frontload aoe damage and have so many tools to pick up adds from range while you have to move around (leaping, charging) to pick them up, giving your melee a harder time interrupting etc.
    - about interrupting... why is your mage top interrupter for the whole night? Assign clear targets and have your melee/tanks handle that.
    - please don't three heal that fight especially when you have a disc priest. Those adds at the door have to die ASAP, more healing isn't the correct answer there. But don't bring an alt dps with subpar gearing (+enchants) for a heroic progression night, Kiri's damage was meh at best. And please ask him why he wouldn't play elemental with an 20 ilvl gap in his melee gear, doesn't matter if he'd end up with 25.8% hit from spirit or not. Add that enhancement is probably the worst specc over all classes (!!!) for a multi target helter skelter fight with adds living only for a few seconds.
    - your mage should consider playing frost, this frees him up from handling the dire beasts mechanic altogether.
    - with your co-tank on the easiest job in the world have him use cleanse on cooldown on door three, not once per try.
    - Second Wind healed you for 2 million over 20 tries, i'd give ER a second thought. Actually i really recommend getting ER, it's a smaller healthstone on a short cooldown and unless you're that one Paragon guy surviving on Will of the Emperor solely thanks to Second Wind it's not for you
    - use a major cooldown for dire calls when multiple mobs are up. Shield Wall should be ready for every door with your raids dps.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-26 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Solo tanking Qon is just simply the way to go if you are able to do it tbh
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-07-26 at 05:28 PM.