Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

64 bit version of WoW

Does anyone if there is going to be a version of WoW that will be able to fully utilize a 64 bit platform? I have only seen the x86 version of the launcher. This doesn't seem to be a very big topic, but I thought I would ask!

A 64-bit version of WoW already exists. It's currently available as a separate binary here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3312962371
    When patch 5.0.4 releases it will be integrated in the game itself (meaning you don't have to download a seperate binary)
    Last edited by gameleon; 2012-08-27 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Fixed link

64 bit version of wow has been around for some time now as a seperate download for live and fully integrated in the beta (you can choose in the launcher which version to run), on the other hand I have no idea if it fully utilizes the 64 bit platform as you put it but is does work.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be sure to check it out when the patch hits. Thanks!

Deleted
    My patch 5.0.4 is still showing as x64 not x86. Working as intended or am i missing something here.

Look for Wow-64.exe in game folger. You can start it, if you running 64 bit Windows OS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eovein View Post
    Look for Wow-64.exe in game folger. You can start it, if you running 64 bit Windows OS.
    Legend

10char

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:23 PM ----------

Although it still says x64 and i'm still missing like 30 FPS