Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i guarantee you all, i can make these times see like easy as they always have

here is how it works

play your spec as normal, but use the new stuff like you did when using pots, trinkets, stuff like that

nothings changed really that much in the rotations

edit spot: im a survival hunter and engineer so here is how many abilities i have, and i dont ahve a problem

serpent sting, black arrow, cobra shot, dire beast, murder of crows, engineering gloves proc, explosive shot, arcane shot, kill shot, agility potion, racial rocket, long cd's rapid fire and readiness
    not to mention snake trap misdirection

situational tranq shot

so now think of this,, during cata only difference between these spells we use is, just the new dire beast murder of crows atm

so 2 new abilities isnt that big of a deal to include in the rotation
    Last edited by Atomsk69; 2012-08-30 at 09:12 AM.

The new BM rotation needs a practice guys, give it some time.

Top 50 US hunter and I feel like there is just way too much going on for BM. I'm going to be worrying more about my cds and pet stacks more than what's going on around me. Hell, I'm running out of hotkeys ctrl for pets, 1-7 reaching room for my main attacks, my F keys are right above my numbers and used for macros, shift number for buffs / cds, alt numbers and close letters for my traps and utilities. This is getting ridiculous. And if you think it's bad now... we have stampede and 90 talents coming too.

But sadly none of it will change this late in dev cycle. And of course we have the "L2P" people all over the forums. All of this is coming from someone who wanted stampede as BM's signature move in cata instead of stupid dinky intimidation.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Welcome in the world of other classes I guess (except mages, as usual, 2 buttons, one proc, and voilà !)
    wouldnt be quite as funny if it wasnt coming from a rogue of all people

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Top 50 US hunter and I feel like there is just way too much going on for BM. I'm going to be worrying more about my cds and pet stacks more than what's going on around me. Hell, I'm running out of hotkeys ctrl for pets, 1-7 reaching room for my main attacks, my F keys are right above my numbers and used for macros, shift number for buffs / cds, alt numbers and close letters for my traps and utilities. This is getting ridiculous. And if you think it's bad now... we have stampede and 90 talents coming too.

But sadly none of it will change this late in dev cycle. And of course we have the "L2P" people all over the forums. All of this is coming from someone who wanted stampede as BM's signature move in cata instead of stupid dinky intimidation.
    Throwing certain abilities off the GCD such as Dire Beast would help, then they could be macro'd to shots and used on cd with ease. But i guess the dev's reaction to that would be "we don't want a talent / ability to seem useless and just something macro'd to a shot", which I think would be a pretty ignorant argument...

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Throwing certain abilities off the GCD such as Dire Beast would help, then they could be macro'd to shots and used on cd with ease. But i guess the dev's reaction to that would be "we don't want a talent / ability to seem useless and just something macro'd to a shot", which I think would be a pretty ignorant argument...
    That's not an ignorant argument, that's a very specific design decision made to address the fact that an ability that gets macroed into every shot and never clicked separately might as well not exist or be a passive.

Mind you, I do think Marksmanship at least has too much on its plate, what with swimming in Focus, having to maintain Steady Shot pairs and use those talents. But requesting abilities that either cause damage or generate resources to be off the GCD it not the solution here.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2012-08-30 at 10:49 AM.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Well you can get it into a macro, it just takes a lot of work to get in in there right. I've been working on it for 2 days and I think I might have gotten MM and Surv down to get all CDs in minus Rapid Fire. Readiness I blow on my own when needed.

I'm scared about the new spells that are coming. With the limitations of /cast now which spell we choose to macro is going to make a big difference. From what I'm reading Dire Beast might be that spell that just doesn't pull the weight. Right now it does, but at 90 with gear it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    That's not an ignorant argument, that's a very specific design decision made to address the fact that an ability that gets macroed into every shot and never clicked separately might as well not exist or be a passive.

Mind you, I do think Marksmanship at least has too much on its plate, what with swimming in Focus, having to maintain Steady Shot pairs and use those talents. But requesting abilities that either cause damage or generate resources to be off the GCD it not the solution here.
    It's all about how you choose to look at it. You may think just because you're not pushing the button of an ability it will make it insignificant, but the ability is still happening. For dire beast, you still physically see the beast spawning and dps'ing, and the sound of the ability happening. So what's the problem there? I think it's far better in this situation to take it off the GCD instead of just having "another" button to hit every time it comes up and making the rotation more complex just for the sake of pushing the ability. I agree it's not great in terms of design, but blizzard were the ones who put the class in this position now with so many abilities.

I'm not about making the rotation easier, i'm for making it more fun and allowing more concentration on things like survivability and fight mechanics. I'd wager many many deaths in raids, especially in raid finder, are the cause of people trying to keep their rotations and dps perfect, thus paying less attention to mechanics and what they need to do to survive the encounters.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2012-08-30 at 10:57 AM.

It's all about how you choose to look at it. You may think just because you're not pushing the button of an ability it will make it insignificant, but the ability is still happening. For dire beast, you still physically see the beast spawning and dps'ing, and the sound of the ability happening. So what's the problem there? I think it's far better in this situation to take it off the GCD instead of just having "another" button to hit every time it comes up and making the rotation more complex just for the sake of pushing the ability. I agree it's not great in terms of design, but blizzard were the ones who put the class in this position now with so many abilities.

I'm not about making the rotation easier, i'm for making it more fun and allowing more concentration on things like survivability and fight mechanics. I'd wager many many deaths in raids, especially in raid finder, are the cause of people trying to keep their rotations and dps perfect, thus paying less attention to mechanics and what they need to do to survive the encounters.
    I'd much rather both Fervor and Dire Beast (and Glaive toss for that matter) got their cooldowns increased to at least 1 minute, preferably 1.5 minutes, and their effects adjusted to compensate (Thrill of the Hunt would need a rework so it would not consume just so many GCDs). In my view the issue isn't having too many buttons to press as it's having too many buttons to press rotationally. Hunter rotations are tight enough with just each spec's baseline abilities, we don't need more 20-30 second cooldowns crowding up the scene even more.

While I'm sure putting those abilities off the GCD would make things smoother, but it also make those abilities moot in terms of choice. The only choice becomes to pick the ability in your Talents pane, as opposed to choosing when to change your rotation to use them. I'm certain the pros would be able to eke out more potential out of them by using them when they want to, but at that point it'd be better to just turn those abilities into passives and save everybody else the macro slots.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Sadly, the best way to open is using a cast sequence macro (obvious exception for some bosses). Sure you could press all the buttons, but why? I just wish one of the abilities was off GCD. And it's really not even having to press more buttons, it's the fact we're literally running out of space and hotkeys.

It's not fun having to spend the entire fight looking at your focus bar and timers.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-08-30 at 07:09 PM.

WotLK enhancement shamans had, if they wanted max DPS, 14 different buttons that got used every 30 seconds or so, and most of those were getting used multiple times within that 30 seconds. I feel like we have it okay xD

It also appears to me that having a passive AND a push-button ability that directly affect DPS, such as Dire Beast and Thrill of the Hunt in the same tier of talents, defeats the whole purpose of avoiding cookie cutter specs.
    If they perfectly balance these two abilities in terms of dps, then isn't it safe to say people will be taking the passive ability to avoid another button to push? And if they were to make Dire Beast slightly more dps to try and off set this, then wont everyone just take Dire Beast and put up with the extra button just for slightly extra dps?
    Not really because there are plenty of encounters where having the control of a cooldown is far more valuable than having procs and there are other encounters where there is so much going on that not having to manage an extra cooldown may mean more time dealing with whatever it is that makes the encounter chaotic. Even with a theorycrafted best ability for every spec, they'll still change depending on boss mechanics.

Personally I like having the extra control most of the time to choose when to use abilities. On encounters without a damage buff or need for burst DPS, this does mean it gets used on CD but that is usually only around half the encounters in a typical raid

10+ Year Old Account

I guess that no top 50 US hunters ever played on the Beta then, because there was no bitching and whining about the abilities we had on those forums.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, the best way to open is using a cast sequence macro (obvious exception for some bosses). Sure you could press all the buttons, but why? I just wish one of the abilities was off GCD. And it's really not even having to press more buttons, it's the fact we're literally running out of space and hotkeys.

It's not fun having to spend the entire fight looking at your focus bar and timers.

Do you have an example of how you're doing this? I'd be interesting in playing around with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many abilitys not enough room on the action bars. Unless you use some kind of addon to give you extra bars.

Deleted
    How to get a lot of aditional keys. Remember your up-down motions of your mousewheel, as well as the mouswheel button can also be bound to actionbar slots.
    Now make a macro, for example

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Serpent's Sting
    /cast [mod:shift] Hunter's Mark
    /cast [mod:ctrol] Misdirection
    /cast [mod:alt] Dire Beast

Put this macro in the actionbar slot that is bound to your mouswheel UP. Make another such macro for the mousewheel DOWN. And another for the mousewheel BUTTON.

Deleted
    Lord Gaga good macro will try it lol.
    I played BM on Beta and I am playing it now. I hate it from the first time. Needs to be changed or some abilities needs to have NO CD so they should be cast automatically. Its really too much CD now i need to care about. Give me some new ability to have fun, but not DPS CD. Hell this. I am engineer.

Count with me:
    Dire beast
    Lynx Rush
    Bestial
    Rapid Fire
    Serpent - you should care about it if it is on target
    Kill shot
    Kill command
    Snake Trap
    Focus Fire
    Rabid
    Stampade at 90
    Gaive Toss at 90
    Readines - and again all of this ....really?? I am only pushing CD buttons!!!!!! Thats Not FUN!
    -----------------
    Other key binds
    Cobra
    Expl Tr
    Arcane Shot
    Multi Shot
    Heal macro - I am drenai + Lock HS+ spirit beast
    Misdirection
    Deterrence
    Disengage
    Target Macro
    Freez trap
    Aspekt macro
    Engener Macro * 2 /synapse + speed belt/
    Team Speak button
    Pet Attack button - using from time to time

In fight you need to count that you care about focus, where do you stay, what do you attack, extra buttons, boss abilities, leader cooridnation. I thing that it is not normal. Thats really to much things at one time.

Cool... i can put OF Hunter's Mark. But I also put of Feign Death, Scatter, Conclusive, Master's Call - which are need for PvP.

Blizzard I love to play hunter, but now I am thing that I am on Disco Party when my TmW addon stars to loud my CD. Thats not fun. I dont like it at all and I really can believe i will re-roll to another class!! Please do something!

Also I need more slots to my hunter pets. I don't have enough space to collect them all.

But perfect change with min range - the best you did ever.

Hunter is one of the most complicated class when you wanna to play it on HC guilds. It was never be easy!!!! And it was really fun!!

Sorry of my bad English.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get what people are whining about...

Macro Dire Beast to Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot - never have to worry about it again.
    Macro engi gloves to KC/AS/MS - never have to worry about it again.
    Marco BW with LR, Rabid and a pot for easy re-application with Readiness.

The rotation itself is quite easy, only thing i sometimes miss now is Serpent Sting re-application with CS, but i'm working on it.

Will get more interesting when Stampede and Glaive Toss are available.
    Last edited by Darkis; 2012-09-04 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trotdawg2k View Post
    I guess that no top 50 US hunters ever played on the Beta then, because there was no bitching and whining about the abilities we had on those forums.
    US 4th, been playing the Beta since it started and I can tell you, yes, yes we did talk about it.

With that said, any smart player can make it work, but just because something works doesn't mean it's ideal.

Here are a few macros I suggest for many of you. Even with these macro's you're going to need an additional button.

Button 1

#showtooltip
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Lynx Rush
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use 10

Button 2

#showtooltip
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use 10

People are forgetting to mention Rabid, although having an autocast, is also another cooldown you will have to manage if you're trying to maximize your DPS.

There is a Screenshot of my UI. You can see my cooldown tracking is getting simply ridiculous. And that's not even all of them...
    Last edited by Arktem; 2012-09-04 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    I actually do not care that we have so many spell, gives the class a decent skillcap. What really bothers me is the fact that i have to buy a MMO-mouse just to handle all those buttons.