Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New LFR loot system

Could somebody please explain what has happened in LFR? Apparently the loot gets distributed randomly now. I went LFR with my 389 warlock I want to roll as a main and I was a bit miffed to see Insignia given to a guildie moonkin who had the heroic version, and couldn't trade it.

Now I'm not THAT fussed about gear, but I wouldn't mind some better gear just so I can practise in our heroic DS 10 runs.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-07-06 at 04:35 PM.

Very true. I had the opposite: I got 2 items (1 tier-helmet) on my rogue, that I actually didn't need.....

What's the use of this ? :S

It's individualized loot, basically who the other people in the group are don't matter at all.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It automatically rolls for you now, then rolls again to decide on which piece of gear out of the usable pieces the boss drops to give to you

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I got a healing trinket as a shadow priest >.> It was actually the only piece I still needed from lfr though so I was happy ^^

Deleted
    I don't mind the new loot system, actually I think it might be pretty nice when pandaria actually hits.

But for now I think you should be able to trade loot to people who were present at the kill.
    Sucks to get 3 pieces on my Mage in LFR (where I went just to check the "new" specs in an actual raid-like situation) and then see my friend who just got back thanks to the scroll of ressurrection just getting 4 satchels worth 100g... meh =/
    Last edited by mmoc17c35d66db; 2012-08-30 at 07:50 AM.

There is no trading, no rolling against each other, nothing. The game decides who gets what, no questions. The players cannot decide anything anymore: if you win loot, great. If you don't, oh well. Nobody rolled against you though, so you can't get angry at other people (nor can you game the system by taking overgeared guildies into LFR, they all need roll on stuff to give it to you).

Basically all responsibility has been taken out of the hands of the players. The game sorts out loot, you focus on playing the game. Sure, situations like you describe will happen, but at the end of the day it's trying to improve the community by giving us one less thing to fight over.

The system is there with MoP in mind, and it's gonna be great there.

^ exactly. no begging, complaining, people needing on everything. the positives far out weigh any negatives

Yea I understand that, and that side of it really is great, especially stopping ferals rolling on WoU to give to their warlock friend...

I suppose the negative is it gets rolled for far more people than it did, so you have a lower chance of receiving what you need.

Meh, I'll just rely on DS hc boosts then.

according to this you dont have a lower chance. check out these blue posts after someone complains about lfr loot

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-system-sucks/

Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    according to this you dont have a lower chance. check out these blue posts after someone complains about lfr loot

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-system-sucks/
    What I'm reading really is that those people who receive loot who don't need it NOW are taking the place of those who would have rolled for it before, not needing it (and trading etc). So the chance is roughly the same.

I'll just presume it's for the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    What I'm reading really is that those people who receive loot who don't need it NOW are taking the place of those who would have rolled for it before, not needing it (and trading etc). So the chance is roughly the same.

I'll just presume it's for the best.
    No. Everyone in the raid have exactly the same chance to get loot. When the boss dies, everyone automatically rolls 1-100 and if you get over 20 you get loot. No one in the raid affects your loots. Please note, the actual numbers may vary. I just threw something.

Yea I understand that, and that side of it really is great, especially stopping ferals rolling on WoU to give to their warlock friend...

I suppose the negative is it gets rolled for far more people than it did, so you have a lower chance of receiving what you need.

Meh, I'll just rely on DS hc boosts then.
    Your chances at winning loot are not impacted by other players..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    No. Everyone in the raid have exactly the same chance to get loot. When the boss dies, everyone automatically rolls 1-100 and if you get over 20 you get loot. No one in the raid affects your loots. Please note, the actual numbers may vary. I just threw something.
    What he said. You basically roll and if you roll over/under a pre-set threshold, you win something.

In theory, all 25 people could win loot on a boss.

The one downside is that depending on what the winning range is (1-5, 95-100, 1-10, whatever), the percent is set. In LFR, there could be a chance that you only roll on an item against 1 person or no body. Your percent could go way up if it was something no one needed (tier tokens excluded lol). But still, most people only whine about tier pieces anyway.
    Last edited by fangless; 2012-08-30 at 04:05 PM.

I understand RNG and how the new loot system works but after 64 boss kills and not seeing a single piece of loot...I dunno something just seems a little strange.

I have ran 8 toons through LFR and none of them have received any loot other than the 25g bag. I understand that I could run 100 toons through LFR and not see any loot, tis the nature of RNG but man does it suck. Especially when I used to get maybe 3-4 pieces of gear each week between my 10 toons running LFR.

Deleted
    I'm perfectly fine with it, no more loot drama
    "OMFG YOU WON LOTO GIVE IT TO ME"
    "YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ITEM OMG NINJA"
    "pss can you roll it for me I will pay you gold muahuahu"

and so on.
    No more peer pressure, much more enjoable LFR times.

Could somebody please explain what has happened in LFR? Apparently the loot gets distributed randomly now. I went LFR with my 389 warlock I want to roll as a main and I was a bit miffed to see Insignia given to a guildie moonkin who had the heroic version, and couldn't trade it.

Now I'm not THAT fussed about gear, but I wouldn't mind some better gear just so I can practise in our heroic DS 10 runs.
    The item didn't drop and then automatically go to your friend, your friend won a roll and the system decided to give him that item. It would be nice if they made a smarter system that wouldn't give you an item you already had, though I imagine they'll work up to it eventually. But I'll take the new system over the heroic geared jerk rolling on everything and lol'ing about taking gear from people who could actually use it.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I understand RNG and how the new loot system works but after 64 boss kills and not seeing a single piece of loot...I dunno something just seems a little strange.

I have ran 8 toons through LFR and none of them have received any loot other than the 25g bag. I understand that I could run 100 toons through LFR and not see any loot, tis the nature of RNG but man does it suck. Especially when I used to get maybe 3-4 pieces of gear each week between my 10 toons running LFR.
    Next week you might see 15 pieces of loot. The more you run the more it'll even out.

Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    ^ exactly. no begging, complaining, people needing on everything. the positives far out weigh any negatives
    And best of all: No need to wait for other players to greed, need or time out.