Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Ever seen a STRAIGHT guy do his make-up or straighten his hair in the mirror of his car? exactly. No, you haven't.
    I have.

Also, if the only two kinds of people in the world are either women or straight men, I think you haven't seen that much of the world yet.

On the topic of the thread, while clipping doesn't bother me unless it's painfully obvious and in-my-face, I can see why people dislike it. However, I would say that first of all it's really difficult to make an MMO with no clipping (as that involves simulating physics for every single character that can be on a screen at any one time alternatively severely restricting the appearances available so as to not clip with any combination of body / weapon / race / facial options / clothing et cetera), and secondly there are much worse cases of clipping, such as how weapons clip through your armor.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-08-31 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Make up: no
    Straightening his hair: ALL THE TIME.
    They must not have been straight :O)

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I cant even believe people get there panties in a twist over that. I wouldn't even have noticed but hey if you need something to find fault with or get worked up about.. sure why not I guess lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Can you post a link?
    Can you use the search function? Go to a Guild Wars 2 video with lots of views and browse the comment section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I have.

Also, if the only two kinds of people in the world are either women or straight men, I think you haven't seen that much of the world yet.
    Err? I'm sorry, I don't think I gave such an impression. That said, I like black and white more than grey.

They must not have been straight :O)
    Worse is, some even style their hair so it deliberately looks like they dont care :P
    Nazis even had their haircut as a way of life !

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:17 AM ----------

Err? I'm sorry, I don't think I gave such an impression. That said, I like black and white more than grey.
    Obviously, grey skin isnt very appealing.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I cant even believe people get there panties in a twist over that. I wouldn't even have noticed but hey if you need something to find fault with or get worked up about.. sure why not I guess lol.
    Theres plenty of real issues, but what fun is it to discuss something thats universally considered wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Worse is, some even style their hair so it deliberately looks like they dont care :P
    Nazis even had their haircut as a way of life ![COLOR="red"]
    I bet they had a pet Chihuahua too >_>.

Ever seen a STRAIGHT guy do his make-up or straighten his hair in the mirror of his car? exactly. No, you haven't.
    What does this question have ANYTHING to do with this discussion?

I think you're a bit in too deep into the macho culture.. The narrow-mindedness you've got going here is quite amazing.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-08-31 at 11:23 AM.

I bet they had a pet Chihuahua too >_>.
    Plenty of german schaeferhund shows though.

Wow sounds alot like the Night Elf bug that lasted for years where the ears poked thru your head gear...that was perfectly acceptable though I'm sure as it was WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    What does this question have ANYTHING to do with this discussion?
    You were begging me to clarify my generalization. You pretended that my generalization is based on a lie or false facts. I simply explained why most straight men probably could't care less.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Except don't be a female engineer with the backpack... your pony tail vanishes into it and out of it... its really sad.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 05:49 AM ----------

For a game touting its looks its pretty sad when they cannot even get character animations right. This is a social game, their words, too bad many outfits and character combinations just look bad and only because of clipping (won't even touch those two foot tall rats with robots)
    Find me a game that doesn't have any graphical error like that. Don't think you will

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    Wow sounds alot like the Night Elf bug that lasted for years where the ears poked thru your head gear...that was perfectly acceptable though I'm sure as it was WOW.
    It was (is still i think) horrible, just like hair going through shoulders, swords hanging in the air on your back etc etc.

Deleted
    That's the way I interpreted it - the question was why someone who cared about hair clipping had to be a woman, and the answer you gave was (essentially) that a straight man wouldn't care about it.

That's the way I interpreted it - the question was why someone who cared about hair clipping had to be a woman, and the answer you gave was (essentially) that a straight man wouldn't care about it.
    Yeah, but I didn't say that gay people don't exist :?

Deleted
    Then why can't they be gay people? I mean, after all you did say specifically that the reason the HAD to be women is because straight men wouldn't care. Following that logic, if they aren't straight men, the only thing they could be are women.

Sidetracking, I know.

Then why can't they be gay people? I mean, after all you did say specifically that the reason the HAD to be women is because straight men wouldn't care. Following that logic, if they aren't straight men, the only thing they could be are women.

Sidetracking, I know.
    I did actually specify gayguy :P
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18234425
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-08-31 at 11:36 AM.

You were begging me to clarify my generalization. You pretended that my generalization is based on a lie or false facts. I simply explained why most straight men probably could't care less.
    Ah, so now you're resorting to 'most' men instead of assuming that all straight men don't do this. Your statement consisted of false facts, and made it the perfect recipe for a weak generalization made by most people that don't look farther than the end of their nose (Narrow-minded people).

Also, just to elaborate on your car mirror theory. I've seen plenty of men being overly attached to their hair, yet they were the straightest guys I've ever seen. What's wrong with checking up on your hair in a car mirror anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
    My thigh clips through my pants, just my right thigh, its really distracting if seen from the front, would be a great looking set otherwise.
    Lay off the cheeseburgers.

Again, a massive assumption that every man that cares about such things are gay. Wonderful.