Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Northern California..

Great weather 330 days out of the year, only rains like 15 days of the year. Literally ZERO disasters depending on location. Downside is economic reasons.. It's expensive, state is broke, government is miserable, etc.
    Do forest fires not count as a disaster?

I would have to vote for NY... has just about everything. I do find it rather funny that everyone in this post so far with their location as Texas... has voted for Texas. Apparently, quite a few people in Texas that can't take an instruction as simple as "-you can only vote once, and you can't vote for your state where you live (to limit bias)"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maryland! 'cause I like the name and know nothing else about the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalkercin View Post
    I would have to vote for NY... has just about everything. I do find it rather funny that everyone in this post so far with their location as Texas... has voted for Texas. Apparently, quite a few people in Texas that can't take an instruction as simple as "-you can only vote once, and you can't vote for your state where you live (to limit bias)"
    Well why lie? Texas IS the best state.

Colorado. GORGEOUS land, amazing mountains, and some of the best people I've ever met in my life.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ... New York City is by far my most favorite city. But the rest of the state? I will be honest and say the rest of the state is pretty unknown to me. I have driven through it to get to Niagara Falls and Buffalo. There is a whole lot of nothing, which is both a good and a bad thing. The scenery here is beautiful, and I still remember the first time I saw a horse with clothes on (just a blanket over its back in winter to keep it warm, but still humored me lol).

As I was typing this, I ended up convincing myself that NY really is the best state even though my original thought process was leading me elsewhere. NYC really does make up for the other parts that may be a bit lacking.

If I had to just live or retire? Colorado or Wyoming. Land everywhere and plenty of places for being active. Sadly, I think Turner owns all the land I would live on

Then again, having traveled to Mississippi with an older co-worker and just fished for 2 weeks straight....yeah, I could live in Mississippi. May not find steady work, but I could definitely live there.
    Last edited by Brangh; 2012-09-01 at 06:08 PM.

Wait there is a rule that says you can't vote for the state you live in? I missed that part. I don't feel like voting anymore...

Oklahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Doesn't get much crazier than these guys. Amusing story though. They went to picket a funeral of a serviceman who died. They got lost on their way and asked a Nebraska state trooper the way. Recognizing the group he sent them in the opposite direction. Took them a couple of hours to finally figure out the trooper sent them the wrong way.
    Considering most of Kansas is actually democrat (I know, I was VERY surprised when I lived there to find this out as well.) they're actually an extreme minority.