Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wotlk(most that mechanics will allow) cata regs/heroics can be soloed by 90's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Simple as the topic asks. What are the old expansion stuff we can breeze through now that we couldn't in Cata?
    Moved your thread to the existing Solo thread. There's a spreadsheet linked in the first post that should give you a broad idea of what can be done. For the rest just ask questions in this thread about specifics and I'm sure there will be people that can answer you

Deleted
    I suggest Destro for Alysrazor, especially if undergeared. The fast Ember regen + Ember tap heal is too good to pass on for the "down" phase.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here we go I just killed another Heroic boss in Firelands, and it is Beth'tilac. All that you need is just wait for her last cast(she must have 10-11%) pop all your cds and nuke her while she is casting.
    P.S. youtube.com/watch?v=2v21gxToYqA (video is quite laggy, sorry for that)
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-30 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added link for you

Decided to start messing around with MoP heroics since 1) I want the bag of horrors from scholo and 2) I was missing 3 achievements for Glory of the Pandaria Hero. Decided to do stormstout for "hopocalypse now!" 508 ilvl was enough to get past Ook-Ook, but you can't really use the barrels because your pet despawns while you are on them. For the achievement itself I found it best to do as destro with weapon unequipped. This is so you can spam RoF on the virmin so you can spam ember tap, while making it so RoF isn't doing so much damage that you keep killing them. Took a few tries and the only way I really came up with to note that it was about time to hit them was it became very difficult to ember tap fast enough to keep up with the damage, also they had gotten me down to about 75% durability (but I was kiting them as best as possible).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Has anyone attempted to solo the ZA timed run yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Has anyone attempted to solo the ZA timed run yet?
    Here is a quote I made a while ago. it should have all the info you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I just finished the run....unsuccessfully. I did it as destro with a average Ilvl of 474 without flasks/pots/buff food/ghetto kings+fort. It was much more difficult than I had anticipated, but was not that difficult. I had just finished the last pack of lynxes when the timer ran out, but that was after I had already had 2 wipes which made me lose about 4 minutes in total. The first wipe was due to me attempting to pull 2 lynx mobs.....not a good idea. The second wipe was me attempting to use Invisibility Potion past the lynx mobs to make up for lost time.....they have True Sight.

A few notes. The trash and bosses hit much harder than expected. I made one mistake on the bird boss and came close to dying. I havoced the bird when it picked me up and try to Chaos Bolt the boss while it was flying me away since I already had my CDs up and didn't want to waste them. Unfortunately the bird turned me away mid-cast and I was not facing the boss and couldn't get the cast off, adding about 5 seconds to the bird flying with me. The problem with this is that the bird does a massive amount of damage when it has you. I finished the boss with very low hp. My second mistake was pulling the Dragonhawk boss with a Zandalari Juggernaut (the big troll adds that transform at 50% hp) from the mob right before the boss to save some time since I was at around 9 minutes left on the timer. There is a lot of damage going out on the fight from the little adds giving you the stacking flame buffet, so any added damage is not advised. I got to 1% hp at one point in the fight.

So all in all, the achievement isn't really that difficult to solo with decent gear. I don't intent to go for it again I have no interest in the mount, but it is very doable.

Also, the Panther boss was soloed at 85, so I am sure it can be soloed at 90 easily. Bloodlord has his OP one-shot ability, so I can't say much about that.

Good Luck!

Blood lord still can't be soloed as a warlock i do it everyday with a friend. I sucessfully have done it on my mage, hunter and paladin however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox1232 View Post
    Blood lord still can't be soloed as a warlock i do it everyday with a friend. I sucessfully have done it on my mage, hunter and paladin however.
    Warlocks can solo Mandokir, but you need very good gear to reach the amount of dps needed to kill him before the Dark Bargain dot kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox1232 View Post
    From the previous page in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Finally got Blood Lord. Thunderforged weapon made all the difference in the world on the dps requirement.

Turn your volume down a bit before you open the video, I had music playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XgKvoIe6Qc

If you're curious why I used Chaos Wave or the Infernal, check the video description. Also, not double stacking my first 2 HoGs was a total mistake, but the dps was higher than any other attempt for some reason.

my mistake i missed that for most people you can't solo and much much easier to take someone everyday i got the panther already so i just say i reserve raptor u can have panther

Later in the patch and definitely next raid patch it should be pretty easy for everyone to do it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    for tempest keep/karazahn/sunwell is there a minimum ilevel/character level before its feasible to start soloing those raids?
    i really want to farm the ashes mount and attunemen's horse and i would like to round out my collection of t6 malefic.
    if so what is the minimum level before it would be feasible to do so?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

You don't really need any special gear for any of that. Especially for the kara horse just walk in and sneeze on the first boss and hope it drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    so if im reading into this right i can go at level 87 right now and solo kael'thas?
    (also since i looked and didnt see any threads on the priests forums i thought this would be the best place to ask......)
    what level/gear level can my priest solo naxx 10 for kel thezud's halo and black temple for the awesome priest staff the one with the figure of a priest with wings?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    for tempest keep/karazahn/sunwell is there a minimum ilevel/character level before its feasible to start soloing those raids?
    i really want to farm the ashes mount and attunemen's horse and i would like to round out my collection of t6 malefic.
    if so what is the minimum level before it would be feasible to do so?
    Attumen is a complete walk in the park, I farmed my Warhorse on a Rogue of all things. At level 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

so if im reading into this right i can go at level 87 right now and solo kael'thas?
    (also since i looked and didnt see any threads on the priests forums i thought this would be the best place to ask......)
    what level/gear level can my priest solo naxx 10 for kel thezud's halo and black temple for the awesome priest staff the one with the figure of a priest with wings?
    I soloed KT for the halo on my alt priest in cata, so it should definitely be faceroll now. You can skip all the quarters in naxx and only do sapphiron and KT. I haven't soloed BT as a priest, but I'm sure it pretty faceroll in decent gear too now. Reliquary might wipe you a couple of times but other than that there is nothing challenging before gurtogg.

So long as you are decently geared in MoP blues/greens or high-end cata raid gear it won't necessarily be *easy* but it will be doable. You will still probably want to spread out the advisors all the way to the entrance just to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    So long as you are decently geared in MoP blues/greens or high-end cata raid gear it won't necessarily be *easy* but it will be doable. You will still probably want to spread out the advisors all the way to the entrance just to be safe.
    okay then at what point does it become easy for warlocks to solo kael thas? the farthest im able to get at fresh 87 is beginning of phase 3. or is there something im doing wrong?

okay then at what point does it become easy for warlocks to solo kael thas? the farthest im able to get at fresh 87 is beginning of phase 3. or is there something im doing wrong?
    Make sure you pick up the legendary staff, equip it and the right click on it to get the use effect active
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.