Thread: most op champ?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

most op champ?

Who are the most op champs

Deleted
    Darius, Tryndamere, Jayce. Those are my 3 most OP champs. I'm sure to a certain extent people will find other champions more op for their play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    jax jax jax jax jax

Rammus and Nunu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allistar full combo at level 2 so deadly in the jungle.
    Shen but only if the team with Shen are well coordinated.

Deleted
    Karthus, Mordekaiser (This could very well be me being a bit biased though, past experience from before he got nerfed, I still have nightmares of that fucker), Alistar and Nunu. Yorick (Nerfs weren't nearly good enough). Gragas is way too strong as well, not borderline OP, but too strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talon, I dread one whenever I see one lock in before an AP carry is even chosen but then for my team to strictly follow the meta and still put the AP carry mid. I mean seriously who the fuck does that, just put your solo top there and put an AP bruiser top.

I just really hate talon early on because people don't know how to deal with him. As for OP terms, I would say a good Karthus is really scary regardless of how fed he is because he is going to get assists due to his ultimate. Blitzcrank probably comes to mind the most, in fact whenever I'm ahead of my brother who supports as him a lot I autolock him just I can swap to go jungle or mid and he gets him without the risk of someone else picking him.
    Hey everyone

not really OP, but maokai ganks are scary.

Shen, Jayce, possibly Ezreal simply because he outdoes all the other AD carries now.

I love how like out of the ~17 (I can't count, sorry if it's wrong) champion names listed in this thread, 15 are unique. That's pretty good in my opinion, it means no one champion sticks way way out from the rest.

Overpowered is actually a pretty vague term. In lane, Soraka will make it a huge pain in the butt. If you let the game go for 45+ minutes, you better be scared for your life if you see a Jax or Vlad. With a bit of luck (or 'skill' ) a Karthus or Katarina ult can pick up the easy penta.

With that being said, I don't think any champion is overpowered. Riot is generally good at fixing any of them that are. Zyra was overpowered, got a nerf. Diana was overpowered (or at least very solid) and she got a nerf.

To be honest, the most OP champ is most the time the newest released one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poppy. Nasus. Sion. Veigar.

Unfortunately for them, to get to their godmode status, it generally takes too long for the game and they are fairly easy to shut down early game.

--

Unless we are talking about Proving Grounds, there are precious little champions even considered 'too strong', let alone OP. Nevermind so broken they decide the game from the moment they are picked. PG does have a couple broken champions (AP Yi, Nidalee and probably Heimerdinger or Zilean as well).

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    On SR its Jax, Shen, Karthus.

Jax is just stupidly strong, he destroys teams in every tourney and is tanky as hell.
    And the other two globals are just too strong.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    I don't really find any champ OP at the moment.

Deleted
    The responses in this thread makes me sad :/

Alistar and Shen are pretty OP. Karthus and Gragas were OP before the nerfs this patch. Nunu and Ez are despite their nerfs a bit too strong tbh. But it´s pretty dumb to say.

Deleted
    are we talking at high skilled ranked here or just in general?

AP yi's, based on the simple fact that people are stupid, and don't know how to CC at the right time.

On a more serious note, it feels like almost any champ has a counter pick for their OP ness. I hate decent Rivens tho..

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    On SR its Jax, Shen, Karthus.

Jax is just stupidly strong, he destroys teams in every tourney and is tanky as hell.
    And the other two globals are just too strong.
    Gotta love when you play Sivir against a team with Karthus tho.. those escapes and then E with 1 hp bar left when you see him channelling R. So priceless xD
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-09-01 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enemy team picks Karthus. You pick:
    1) Sivir AD?
    2) Nocturne Jungler?
    3) Soraka Support?
    4) Someone with MoM and a shield top? (Read: Riven)
    5) Trollpole mid? Or, Trollpool mid?

Or just murder him before he gets too strong.

Deleted
    Mordekaiser is the very best champ in game. Very easy to play and you get insane farm with him fast. When you get spellvamp you cant die 1v1 and will win your lane easy mode. Late game ur doing so insane aoe dmg and that passive shield is so damn strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Gotta love when you play Sivir against a team with Karthus tho.. those escapes and then E with 1 hp bar left when you see him channelling R. So priceless xD
    This works both ways, you know. If you have 1 hp bar left this means you just lost a trade or were ganked and you were forced to save your shield for his ulti, which restricts your freedom quite a bit.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Malphite and Shen. Two unkillable tops if played right. And pretty much indestructible after level 12.

Deleted
    I might be very biased in this, but I've found AP Twisted Fate to be really strong. Ironically, his best utility is underestimation.

He's an extremely difficult poker but also extremely effective because people don't expect Twisted Fates to be played well. I usually take mid lane and in every 2nd game, I'll start with 2-3 kills on the enemy, usually regardless of who he is, simply because Stacked Deck + Wild Card is such a lethal combo if you know how and when to hit. People don't expect that because TF DOES require alot of training to play well.

But granted, he sucks in pretty much both the other lanes. But if you need mid to be rushed a bit at start, he's great at poking down one or both lane towers quickly and can then spend the rest of the game a bit more versatile. He sucks at later game though when people get geared as they'll inevitably stack resists. He continues being a good support though if you learn how to work stacked deck and always keep stun-cards ready and gain a reasonable CD reduction. Timing is everything.

But specifically OP? Not really. He's not a champion people just pick up and dominate with, it takes alot of practice and you can always argue any champion can become great if you invest enough time learning them. =)

Edit: From my experience, if you want an easy to play champion who does not require any skill whatsoever and whom you can just pick up and run with to be a bit more powerful than those still learning their own champions - pick Darius. He's so insanely easy to play it gets boring quickly if you're not just into the mindless "Hurr hurr I keeled you bcz I can" gameplay. Remember to scream foul language at your teammates too when they don't help you every single time, though! AND learn a foreign language to curse on aswell, helps add to his gameplay =D
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-09-01 at 01:16 PM.