Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New 'Glyph of the Stag' models.

In case anyone missed it; I'm *very* happy they changed it.

They seem to be split Alliance (presumed on the left) and Horde (presumed on the right).

Bigger version here: http://i49.tinypic.com/359g01j.jpg
    Last edited by Vidur; 2012-07-14 at 02:51 PM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, pitty, when I first took a look at them, I was hoping they finally added Stag/Reindeer mounts to the game.

Interesting how they update the new models to look BA, but they dont touch the older models with a 10 foot pole yet, besides slapping armor on them (Boomkin, reg Travel, and reg Aquatic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look really nice. I love the texture work on the fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Ah, pitty, when I first took a look at them, I was hoping they finally added Stag/Reindeer mounts to the game.
    You can still kind of use them as mounts. You'll just need a very subservient Druid friend.

Oooh me wants. Looks awesome. Left is bigger then right and has more horns tho
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    very good upgrade model

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops. Didn't realize there was already a thread on this, my apologies. Please close.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    In case anyone missed it; I'm *very* happy they changed it.
    Not yet. These forms are not currently available.

I don't think this will be the glyph model. It doesn't make sense to me that they would update this model without updating in some way the original travel form. I think they will change this glyph to give you the original travel form and make this the baseline travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewls View Post
    I don't think this will be the glyph model. It doesn't make sense to me that they would update this model without updating in some way the original travel form. I think they will change this glyph to give you the original travel form and make this the baseline travel form.
    I think about the same. To be honest, 99% of druids will pick the glyph if it remains as it is (yes, another made-up percentage in a forum, but you know that I'm right), it has really interesting uses in PvP and probably in pve as well.

The old model feels weird, having two feline forms, one that has utility and damage and one that only runs faster, have always felt unnecesary and odd (at least to me). I wouldn't mind trading the old one with this new. Maybe the glyph could turn into "your Travel form can now serve as a mount to other players as well" or "your travel form speed is increased to match other 100% mounts speed but this effect is only active out of BG, Arena, and etc" or something like that.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2012-07-15 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Interesting how they update the new models to look BA, but they dont touch the older models with a 10 foot pole yet, besides slapping armor on them (Boomkin, reg Travel, and reg Aquatic!
    save a mount, ride a druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh I like these upgraded models!

I am loving these new upgraded models, although it would be awesome if they also had specific worgen and troll stag models.

Deleted
    They're really nice but I don't understand the way Blizzard thinks at all. Shamans have had crappy models for their Ghost Wolf since forever now and they added a glyph in MoP that makes it even worse; Demonology warlock share the same exact model for every race and gender for their metamorphosis still and their new pets get reused models that are already in game...

Meanwhile a completely optional glyph gets two new and beautiful models for something that is, as I already said, completely optional. There are some priorities here...

And yes I am completely jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    They're really nice but I don't understand the way Blizzard thinks at all. Shamans have had crappy models for their Ghost Wolf since forever now and they added a glyph in MoP that makes it even worse; Demonology warlock share the same exact model for every race and gender for their metamorphosis still and their new pets get reused models that are already in game...

Meanwhile a completely optional glyph gets two new and beautiful models for something that is, as I already said, completely optional. There are some priorities here...

It's because you got Heroism!

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post

And moonkin looks the same since vanilla. your point is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    And moonkin looks the same since vanilla. your point is?
    That Blizzard has bad priorities in upgrading models? You just enriched my point with what you said.

They might change the glyph to be only the riding part and make the models baseline.

Also, forms are integral to the Druid kit. Not so much for the Shaman. Giving Shamans new totem models would be more comparable.

Aside from that, "not the priorities i want" is not the same as "bad priorities". This is rather an example of good prioritising: They were making a new stag model anyway, making two slightly modified ones for travel form was a simple task.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    They look amazing. I guess I'll be playing my druid a bit more again in the new expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveoclock View Post
    They look amazing. I guess I'll be playing my druid a bit more again in the new expansion.
    you should not judge that on a form that you rarely use outside pvp

anyway, sea lion and trafel form models where also crap since vanila, updating trafel form to a stag is nuce but those 2 stags can also be simpel mounts instead of druid forms
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    You can still kind of use them as mounts. You'll just need a very subservient Druid friend.
    1.Get some one to hop one
    2.Run off cliff
    3.Pop flight form and follow them down as they fall to their death
    4.Pop bear and tea bag their corpse