Old Raid Nerfs (not gold)

Has anyone else noticed the old raid nerfs? Not the drop rate of gold or items but the difficulty. I just tried Karazhan. Got all the way to Chess and lost in 20 seconds. Medivh moves all of his pieces super fast, constantly uses cheat, and then sets your whole half of the board on fire. Next stop was Magtheridon. Every time I tried to fight him he would reset. No matter where I positioned him either. So after than I headed over to Gruul's Liar. First boss is High King Maulgar (sp?). He and has cronies apparently have no cooldowns anymore and just spammed their abilities on me until I died.

Let me say that I've soloed all these raids before for years now. I've never encountered what I have lately after the 5.0 patch. Do you think this is intentional? Or a bug?

Revenge of the old teirs!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a bug, or Blizzard has gone crazy, or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maulgar has always spammed his abilities on me I've never been able to get past him solo, the fucking disorients and fears or whatever keeps me nonfunctional until I'm dead.

I dunno, though, seriously maybe it's just a bug. I don't know why they'd want to stop people from soloing old raids.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf is kinda the opposite of buff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Well kael'thas is still the same and now easier for most classes. He wasn't changed...so i'm good. Yay more al'ar farming!

Well Kaelthas in TK is now using MC on me, got 1 mil extra health, and his nether vapor doesnt despawn after shock barrier phase or after the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia has 4.9M, down from 6.5M.
    Maly has lost a couple Millions hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the old raid nerfs? Not the drop rate of gold or items but the difficulty. I just tried Karazhan. Got all the way to Chess and lost in 20 seconds. Medivh moves all of his pieces super fast, constantly uses cheat, and then sets your whole half of the board on fire. Next stop was Magtheridon. Every time I tried to fight him he would reset. No matter where I positioned him either. So after than I headed over to Gruul's Liar. First boss is High King Maulgar (sp?). He and has cronies apparently have no cooldowns anymore and just spammed their abilities on me until I died.

Let me say that I've soloed all these raids before for years now. I've never encountered what I have lately after the 5.0 patch. Do you think this is intentional? Or a bug?
    I believe they are all unintentional bugs. I'm not sure how Blizzard has managed to break instances they apparently haven't touched (could be due to the resistance removal/sp changes or gold drop changes, I don't know), but there are definitely a lot of strange bugs in old tier instances.

We did ICC25 the other night, and the Valethra boss fight kept starting while we were doing Putricide's dog trash.

We had the constant Medivh cheating in Karazhan.

In C'thun's stomach, I took 37k damage from the dot in the time it took me to swim straight to the "trampoline." That's over 10 times the health of the average AQ40 raider when it was current content.

The best thing to do is simply report things like this on the official bug forum. Obviously search to make sure you're not double threading, and if there is already a thread up there, just reply to it with your details. This is the best way to get bugs like this fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lots of bugs/changes lately. here's some more I've found..
    Rotface 10 spawned a ooze out near Deathbringer Saurfang's platform and proceeded to teleport raid members there and killed them.
    Halion 10H continuously de-spawns not long after combat, can get you stuck in Twilight Realm.
    Alystrazor 10H had LoS issues
    Ragnaros' 10H platform is darker brown coloured (random change much? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by VolchanR34 View Post
    In C'thun's stomach, I took 37k damage from the dot in the time it took me to swim straight to the "trampoline." That's over 10 times the health of the average AQ40 raider when it was current content.
    That isn't a bug or a change, it scales with health.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Core Hounds in MC are bigger...again. I think this counts as a buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Yeah lots of bugs/changes lately. here's some more I've found..
    Rotface 10 spawned a ooze out near Deathbringer Saurfang's platform and proceeded to teleport raid members there and killed them.
    Halion 10H continuously de-spawns not long after combat, can get you stuck in Twilight Realm.
    Alystrazor 10H had LoS issues
    Ragnaros' 10H platform is darker brown coloured (random change much? lol)

That isn't a bug or a change, it scales with health.
    Does it? I had never noticed. I swear I've never taken that sort of damage from it before. It may be because I resisted so much being 25 levels above the appropriate level and with the removal of resistance, I just took it to the face.

I noticed the larger corehounds in MC as well. That's a welcome return.

Rag's platform is definitely a different colour. The floor around Nefarian/Onyxia in BWD has also has also undergone the same colour change.

I noticed Kael'thas mind controlling was a bit different now as well. I was two-manning the raid with a buddy of mine earlier today, and somehow I kept getting MC'd, even though my healer friend was LOSing the MC by hiding behind a statue. Turns out for some reason having my demon out made Kael able to MC me. So I dismissed the demon and it was GG from there. Still kind of odd though.

The first boss in Sunwell kept despawning when I tried it, not sure if it was because there was only 3 of us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolyn View Post
    I noticed Kael'thas mind controlling was a bit different now as well. I was two-manning the raid with a buddy of mine earlier today, and somehow I kept getting MC'd, even though my healer friend was LOSing the MC by hiding behind a statue. Turns out for some reason having my demon out made Kael able to MC me. So I dismissed the demon and it was GG from there. Still kind of odd though.
    Pets can sometimes causes problems. With blood DK's their blood worms are causing DK's to get MC'd.

I believe they are all unintentional bugs. I'm not sure how Blizzard has managed to break instances they apparently haven't touched (could be due to the resistance removal/sp changes or gold drop changes, I don't know), but there are definitely a lot of strange bugs in old tier instances.
    Remember, they broke Razorgore when BC was released (or sometime during BC) and I am pretty sure he's still broken.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2012-09-03 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Remember, they broke Razorgore when BC was released (or sometime during BC) and I am pretty sure he's still broken.
    Yeah, he was very broken there for a while, but they finally fixed him about 2 years ago. He's very doable now with 2 people, and with a great deal of effort, soloable by a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchz View Post
    The first boss in Sunwell kept despawning when I tried it, not sure if it was because there was only 3 of us though.
    Magtheridon was doing the same thing to me.