ive been working too hard and not following this game... but muahahaha love it

forum.ragezone.com/f111/warz-serverfiles-29-03-2013-a-920346/

and

unknowncheats.me/forum/war-z/88091-account-sergey-has-been-hacked.html

I'm actually shocked that there was supposedly people who bought this turd...it was pretty obvious from the get-go it was a fly-by-night unprofessional shitshow of epic levels.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'm actually shocked that there was supposedly people who bought this turd...it was pretty obvious from the get-go it was a fly-by-night unprofessional shitshow of epic levels.
    Hey I bought it, read the first post and tell me it doesnt look/sound like a game worth $20, I admit I was conned but initialy the vibe wasnt as bad as it is now, hindsight is a wonderful thing. The game and the developers are a disgrace, but it certainly wasnt obvious from the get go, faked videos, staged screenshots, outright fabrications and lies all managed to hoodwink a lot of people. Even after playing beta and realising just how bad the game was, I wasnt prepared to give up but alas, the story just gets worse and worse, I do miss mark and waaldo though.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-04-03 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Hey I bought it, read the first post and tell me it doesnt look/sound like a game worth $20, I admit I was conned but initialy the vibe wasnt as bad as it is now, hindsight is a wonderful thing. The game and the developers are a disgrace, but it certainly wasnt obvious from the get go, faked videos, staged screenshots, outright fabrications and lies all managed to hoodwink a lot of people. Even after playing beta and realising just how bad the game was, I wasnt prepared to give up but alas, the story just gets worse and worse, I do miss mark and waaldo though.
    I didnt buy it, but to be fair Hammerpoint played alot on the things that people didn't like about DayZ. A lot of people liked the concept of DayZ but did not like the brutality and some of the unforgiving game mechanics. IMO WarZ's #1 target audience was people that didn't like DayZ for those reasons and they promised greener pastures. I could see how easy it would be to get caught up in the hype, but at least no one is white knighting it anymore, people around here are smarter than that.

About 30 pages ago I pointed out that Hammerpoint is/was backed by the same people who made War Inc. A Battlefield-esque 3rd person shitstorm of biblical proportions. They eventually abandoned the project entirely, despite having a paying player base, to dick up War Z on the exact same platform War Inc. used. The game eventually went to GamersFirst, where it continues to be terrible.

In short, no I didn't think it was worth the $20 especially when I had DayZ to play which cost me nothing more than Arma 2 and OA on a Steam Sale. I am often skeptical when it comes to "clones." They're usually a surreptitious cash grab.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-04-03 at 09:55 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obviously staged screenshots and obvious lies about the development timeline were all I had to see to know the game would be dodgy, which was pretty much from day 1. I didn't assume it would be quite a massive pile of shit but it was definitely enough to make me disinterested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    The obviously staged screenshots and obvious lies about the development timeline were all I had to see to know the game would be dodgy, which was pretty much from day 1. I didn't assume it would be quite a massive pile of shit but it was definitely enough to make me disinterested.
    This was at a point when I still had full faith in the gaming industry even after being totally dissapointed by the GW2 and the hype that surrounded it, I am now in a far more sceptical position and will thouroughly look in to a game before backing....although I did back shroud of avatar based on the fact its lord british which might be an indicator im still a trusting fool.

Extremely low rated game changes name to trick buyers! WTF?

Does everyone remember the War Z? That zombie MMO that makes you pay real $$$ for bullets, just to have you get killed by hackers just so that you have to pay more real $$$ to continue on again? All the glitches and bad gameplay... No wonder it got 20/100 on Metacritic. Well... they just changed their name.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

What the literal eff?

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 04:52 PM ----------

No one finds this bad of them?

Deleted
    Do some research next time.

The name had to be changed because of copyright reasons. There is a new movie called World War Z and there will also be a game for.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post

The name had to be changed because of copyright reasons. There is a new movie called World War Z and there will also be a game for.
    This.

And you don't have to pay real money for bullets, etc. That's your choice. I never did once.

I agree it's pretty bad with all the hackers and they never really keep up with the deadlines they set up, etc.

And yet people are dumb enough to still buy it.

Either people are extremely idiotic, or their uninformed. But how the hell can you be uninformed about The WarZ at this point.

It was #1 or #2 on steam last week because people will buy anything if it's cheap for whatever reason.

The funny thing is, the game is pretty popular despite all the shenanigans from the developers. It's consistently got 1k+ concurrent players on Steam and is usually in the top 50 games play, and always in the top 100.

I've still yet to play it, but I find it interesting that despite all the shit people talk and all the shady things the developers have done, people are still playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The funny thing is, the game is pretty popular despite all the shenanigans from the developers. It's consistently got 1k+ concurrent players on Steam and is usually in the top 50 games play, and always in the top 100.

I've still yet to play it, but I find it interesting that despite all the shit people talk and all the shady things the developers have done, people are still playing it.
    "Funny" and "Interesting" is one way to but it. Personally, I'd think adjectives like "bleak" or "depressing" would be far more fitting to use here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the namechange was due to legal reasons more than a image change, a game that did this was dino horde

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    "Funny" and "Interesting" is one way to but it. Personally, I'd think adjectives like "bleak" or "depressing" would be far more fitting to use here.
    Not really. Despite the shady practices on the part of developers, people are still playing. There must be something that's keeping these people playing. People don't play shitty games, so despite all the bullshit Hammerpoint has thrown at us, they've done something right with the gameplay.

The people who still play WarZ are the people who will play ANYTHING no matter how bad it is, as long as there's zombies in it.

It's like they never heard of DayZ. DayZ is also bad, but it's way better than the pile of shit called WarZ.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The people who still play WarZ are the people who will play ANYTHING no matter how bad it is, as long as there's zombies in it.

It's like they never heard of DayZ. DayZ is also bad, but it's way better than the pile of shit called WarZ.
    Sounds like a lot of generalization. There are a ton of zombie games on Steam other than WarZ, yet this ranks higher than all but Black Ops II Zombie mode from everything I've seen.

And there's generally far more people playing Arma 2 on Steam, and we can safely assume that a good chunk of those players are playing the DayZ mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post

This. (Close the thread now maybe?)
    People don't play shitty games, so despite all the bullshit Hammerpoint has thrown at us, they've done something right with the gameplay.
    Oh, you'll be surprised, but they do. A lot of people play shitty games. And the main reason for that is that shitty games usually allow shitty players to succeed by wasting real money on game-breaking cash shop purchases. This is your something that keeps shitty games afloat - they allow even the worst players to feel powerful regardless of skill. I say, leave them be as they are, in that pseudo-symbiotic state, it will only help to keep playerbase of better games cleaner.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Not unlike many MMO's then.
    People who want to complain will always make a lot of noise, even if they are a minority.
    Those who are happy make very little noise, even if a majority.

The talk surrounding a game can never be taken as meaningful on its own without looking at the context of specific points.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-24 at 06:39 AM.