Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got it and got to play! Looks pretty good so far, the flashlight is still ridiculously underpowered against zombies but other than that no real complaints. There is a lot of PKing but I knew it would be like that in alpha with the reduced map size and no penalties for killing people.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    with the capacity issue i read a bit about i got 1 question. Pioneers and up get guest passes for friends for the weekend of the 31th. That date is also set for survivors? wouldn't it be better if the guests from guest passes (or survivors, but hey they paid) get a later/earlier date set. So the survivors and the weekend passers won;t crash it.

If survivors got a day later, well they cry but hey it happened to pioneers aswell. But the guests of the pioneers and legends are only allowed for 2 days to play. If the 31th is unplayable that leaves it too 1 day.

Just some insight

Deleted
    Guest passes can be used any day from the 31th, meaning from 31th and 10 years beyond that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a nice thread of all of the known bugs/which ones have been fixed: http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...-of-Alpha-Bugs

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    This Game is a Scam.

You die from thirst because theres no Water in the game.

Zombies cann kill you from 20 feet distance, here an example: Be in big City, one Zombies runs to me. Run to House and go upstairs, zombie still downstairs, suddenly damage from zombie. K what the fuck, climb to the roof, zombie still first floor, can still dmg you, you die. They also hit through walls.

Also: No Loot Simulator 2012. I visited the whole map, all Cities and shit and i only found an Axe, 4 drinks (reminder you drink about 50+sodas a hour) about 30 food and 200+ flashlights. Also found a Mask. And thats it, i walked about 3 Hours for nothing and ended up dead because of thirst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    This Game is a Scam.
    Seriously? You are still on the scam boat?

Alpha. Thats probably the simplest change the Devs will ever have to make.

Zombies cann kill you from 20 feet distance, here an example: Be in big City, one Zombies runs to me. Run to House and go upstairs, zombie still downstairs, suddenly damage from zombie. K what the fuck, climb to the roof, zombie still first floor, can still dmg you, you die. They also hit through walls.
    You were probably getting hit by an invisible zombie. The devs have mentioned that they are working on a fix.

Also: No Loot Simulator 2012. I visited the whole map, all Cities and shit and i only found an Axe, 4 drinks (reminder you drink about 50+sodas a hour) about 30 food and 200+ flashlights. Also found a Mask. And thats it, i walked about 3 Hours for nothing and ended up dead because of thirst.
    Again, alpha. Spawn rates are no where near final.

The game isn't finished this is alpha testing. If you bought this and expected it to be 100% polished than you are the one with the problems, not the game.

Move along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    Guest passes can be used any day from the 31th, meaning from 31th and 10 years beyond that!
    and where is your source on that? If you go to https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html it says i qoute;. "Weekend with friends (2 days guest acces pass) on october 31."

Now 1st of october 31th is a wednesday but still. It says acces pass on october 31 and weekend. Either way there is some information there that hasn't been elobrated right or its true what i say only for that day and the day after.

If its wrongly written. Get someone too correct it, if its rightly written its a warning for the company to overlook the situation on that day and the fact I read also from people here of long queuetimes. If the guests cannot acces in the 2 days they are getting then the pioneers might think they overpayed. As the bonus they got isn't even a bonus

This Game is a Scam.
    Stopped reading there, you bought the game knowing it was in an alpha state what else did you expect?

Played the game at work for an hour (10 frames per second for the win hehe) Seems really good, apart from the flashlight damage and really tough zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Game is a Scam.

And that's why it's called Alpha Beta, bugs happen then you report them to help better the game along faster.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

How is it? Is it worth it? I know it's only in Alpha.

Compare it to DayZ since they're both the same type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know... I love DayZ. I run my own server, been playing a long time. I remember what DayZ was like in May-June. I cant believe how many people are bashing it for the same issues we had in DayZ. They, obviously, started playing after the bandwagon started.

In any event, what I do find funny is how much pvp is happening. Now that I think about it, releasing 30% of the map only is probably a bad idea because you guys cant spread out. But I remember seeing a lot of people who thought things would be different in WarZ compared to DayZ. My response has always been, people are people no matter what game they are playing. If you can be killed, expect to be killed.

But it sounds to me like the 31st is the earliest I will want to play this game, though Im still not convinced this will be for me. I am, after all, happy with DayZ Lingor Island. I believe DayZ will be more realistic than WarZ which is what I want out of a zombie survival MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im stuck with the .dll error, just going to try to reinstall it, sucks to be me.

I was hoping someone could answer me on my question. So I just bought the pioneer package. I live in the EU, but I couldn't find a EU website for it. I created my account and started downloading the game. But what I am wondering is if I actually will be able to play the game in Alpha and beta as it seems to be located in the US.

Any answer for this is much appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    I was hoping someone could answer me on my question. So I just bought the pioneer package. I live in the EU, but I couldn't find a EU website for it. I created my account and started downloading the game. But what I am wondering is if I actually will be able to play the game in Alpha and beta as it seems to be located in the US.

Any answer for this is much appreciated!
    Yes its possible, i bought it the day the website came online, this is not like Aion, where you download separate game clients, ( Thank god ).
    They have quite allot of Europe servers for the Alpha as well so don't worry about lagg! I've noticed none so far!.

-edit

its quite hard to keep track of the questions going on about payment etc, to keep track of it please send me a PM with your question and i will answer it ( no matter how silly it is ), please note using PM is only when you need a fast answer .

Been trying it a little. Some bugged zombies here and there. But what annoys me the most is that everytime I do a quick join it throws me out in like 30 seconds. It's getting a bit annoying. I don't mind in game bugs, we're here to test it. But I would like to stay ingame a little longer than 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Been trying it a little. Some bugged zombies here and there. But what annoys me the most is that everytime I do a quick join it throws me out in like 30 seconds. It's getting a bit annoying. I don't mind in game bugs, we're here to test it. But I would like to stay ingame a little longer than 30 seconds.
    Submit your feedback so that you can make them aware of the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    "billing bug - today bunch of people paid just once, but received between 10 to 30 keys . We thought carefully about it and here's what we've decided - this is OUR fuckup, and your gain. Enjoy your keys, plus I just ask you - don't sell them - just give them away - easy come, easy go. "

What in the actual fuck. I get that they were trying to be nice, but come on, that is ridiculous. That meas probably hundreds, if not thousands, could have just gotten free full game keys.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    "billing bug - today bunch of people paid just once, but received between 10 to 30 keys . We thought carefully about it and here's what we've decided - this is OUR fuckup, and your gain. Enjoy your keys, plus I just ask you - don't sell them - just give them away - easy come, easy go. "

What in the actual fuck. I get that they were trying to be nice, but come on, that is ridiculous. That meas probably hundreds, if not thousands, could have just gotten free full game keys.
    Agreed and there's a strong chance they will just be sold. Just 50 copies of the $20 version is $1000 I can't imagine how much of a potential loss this is. I admire them for taking it on the chin but I don't think they should.

Deleted
    well its not only a potential loss for them, they also give out a impression. And a impression is hard to get rid of. Also its still preorder and with customer law in most countries. A preorder can and shall be canceled. Imagine this if 1000 people got 10 keys extra for the pioneers cost, and they go the greedy exploit way of i want my money back. doesn't even matter what kind of package they bought. Thats still over 20.000 dollars they have to refund.

From a business standpoint admitting they were wrong is good. Givign away those keys is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    well its not only a potential loss for them, they also give out a impression. And a impression is hard to get rid of. Also its still preorder and with customer law in most countries. A preorder can and shall be canceled. Imagine this if 1000 people got 10 keys extra for the pioneers cost, and they go the greedy exploit way of i want my money back. doesn't even matter what kind of package they bought. Thats still over 20.000 dollars they have to refund.

From a business standpoint admitting they were wrong is good. Givign away those keys is bad
    So has anyone here gotten 10 to 30 extra keys? lol Also, I think it's too late for them to do anything. Unless they could tell which keys are the extras.