Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its fun reading about this game
    From what I can see it pretty much looks like a quick cash-grab from the developers; Re-skin the War Inc engine to keep development costs down, take advantage of the popularity of DayZ, sell it at a low retail price and add microtransactions.
    And since the game is at the top of the steam sale chart, it looks like they succeeded

Now the question is if they will continue to develop the game. Considering the amount of hate the game is getting, Im going to bet that they wont.

Deleted
    Judging by the video's I've seen, I understand why the game was in development for 2 years!! It looks fantastic !! I honestly don't understand why they won't just charge $59.99 for it, the gameplay and graphics seems truly amazing, those day z people should truly feel ashamed for failing with a mod in a game for so much money when War Z just destroys day Z in every way!!
    definetly seems like 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking at all the vids, reviews, comments, kotaku (lol), demonoid (lolagain), and the dev responses to most of the critiques the game had I decided not to buy the game... but this won me over all the comments possible, you can't be serious D:!
    http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-12-18 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    After looking at all the vids, reviews, comments, kotaku (lol), demonoid (lolagain), and the dev responses to most of the critiques the game had I decided not to buy the game... but this won me over all the comments possible, you can't be serious D:!
    Bro, you can't blame them for using the same terms of use as the most succesful game in the world, because without doubt, this game is going to be the game of the century.

The oozing sarcasm isn't welcome here guys. Let's not post flamebait. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The oozing sarcasm isn't welcome here guys. Let's not post flamebait. Thanks.
    Well then get ready for a lot more of it. People who bought a incredibly bad game don't like it when people call the game out for the piece of garbage it is.

I'm not trying to flamebait anyone, just warning people of a product that's essentially a scam.

Just from watching the trailer of the game on steam I can tell that this is an unpolished , poorly made, game. The lag, the horrible lighting, the ridiculous shooting mechanics that look so disjointed I can't believe that actually showed it in their own promotional video.

Game just looks very low quality, I'll pass.

Hmm was about to buy this on steam when this topic popped in into the *recent forum posts* box ... kinda glad i did read thru all the pages.

on paper this looks as just the game i have been looking for.

big world .....survival vs zombies ( not a fan of the pvp part ) and it being tagged as a mmo ( tho *only* 100 players per server ) in a real world like scenario ......been close to buyin the Arma 2 game for the mod but ...alas im realy bad at messing around with stuff like that ... i realy need somthing thats ready to run after installing, so War Z looked like just the thing for me.

But after reading thru all this and the steam forums i will have to pass on this ... is there other options ? L4D 1 and 2 just gives too little freedom but i would realy love a mmo like FPS zombie survival game !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    But after reading thru all this and the steam forums i will have to pass on this ... is there other options ? L4D 1 and 2 just gives too little freedom but i would realy love a mmo like FPS zombie survival game !
    Yup DayZ standalone. But its going to be a bit I think so its mod or wait for now. Honestly though, with DayZ Commander its not a big deal to mod Arma. Its about the same as installing WoW and then using the Curse Client to install your addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reading the steam warz forum... came to this:
    "They JUST released a new patch. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse: they actually increased the respawntimer from 1 hour to 4 hours. BUT they added a revivebutton, where you can spend 50GC (real money) to revive them instantly."

Whelp, they don't even try to hide it D:

They have also started to delete threads on the steam forums.
    One of the infamous moderators from the warz forums has posted new rules there (the exact same rules as on the warz forums) and is now deleting most of the negative threads.
    Its very entertaining actually

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reading the steam warz forum... came to this:
    "They JUST released a new patch. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse: they actually increased the respawntimer from 1 hour to 4 hours. BUT they added a revivebutton, where you can spend 50GC (real money) to revive them instantly."

Whelp, they don't even try to hide it D:
    That timer lets you keep your character after you die (which is completely useless until they add skills), instead of the character getting deleted permanently. I see no problem. If you don't want a timer, play hardcore, or delete/remake the character.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flakes View Post
    They have also started to delete threads on the steam forums.
    One of the infamous moderators from the warz forums has posted new rules there (the exact same rules as on the warz forums) and is now deleting most of the negative threads.
    Its very entertaining actually

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/
    They aren't deleting "negative" threads. They are delete the spam, I don't know if you know how forums work, but there is no need to have 5 threads that say "WARZ IS A $SCAM!! READ this!!!"
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    They aren't deleting "negative" threads. They are delete the spam, I don't know if you know how forums work, but there is no need to have 5 threads that say "WARZ IS A $SCAM!! READ this!!!"
    Well Ive been reading those forums on and off for a couple hours and its far more than spam threads that is being deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by flakes View Post
    Well Ive been reading those forums on and off for a couple hours and its far more than spam threads that is being deleted.
    GAME IS A RIPOFF! TB SAID ITS BAD SO ITS TERRIBLE!!ELEVEN!11!!ONEELEVEN11!

Isn't much of a thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    That timer lets you keep your character after you die (which is completely useless until they add skills), instead of the character getting deleted permanently. I see no problem. If you don't want a timer, play hardcore, or delete/remake the character.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:04 PM ----------

When they add a paid feature to "speed up the proces" and get food on a SURVIVAL GAME it ends up breaking the immersion and making the gameplay unnecessary.

Consumer Rights Protection Act thread got deleted. Simply a thread telling people about their own rights when it comes to being ripped off and directing them towards the proper channels in order to 1. File a compliant with the BBB, 2. Get a refund. 3. Help inform steam of this piece of trash that is being allowed to peddle its scam on an otherwise legitimate service (steam).

Explain to me how deleting that thread makes sense to a logical person.

Those aren't the only threads being deleted.

I'm sorry, but from here, it really looks like you people bought yourself right into a fine scam. And I've never even played DayZ in my entire life.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they add a paid feature to "speed up the proces" and get food on a SURVIVAL GAME it ends up breaking the immersion and making the gameplay unnecessary.
    Play another character until that ones revives. If people want to pay like 25 cents (I think that is around what 50 GC is) let them, it doesn't affect you. I've been playing since release and I have never had a problem finding enough food/water to keep my meters up. Basically what I'm saying is, the stuff that you can buy does not give you any real advantage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Consumer Rights Protection Act thread got deleted. Simply a thread telling people about their own rights when it comes to being ripped off and directing them towards the proper channels in order to 1. File a compliant with the BBB, 2. Get a refund. 3. Help inform steam of this piece of trash that is being allowed to peddle its scam on an otherwise legitimate service (steam).

Explain to me how deleting that thread makes sense to a logical person.
    You think a company is going to allow a thread telling their customers how to get a refund? lol. If you want a refund email the company/steam. No need to make a thread announcing that you want a refund to the world.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Oh that was the only thread they locked?
    I guess its all fine then

No Im going to stop following this now, no good is coming from it.
    I hope people who like the game continue to play it, and the people who did not like it get their money back. Then everyone will be happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Play another character until that ones revives. If people want to pay like 25 cents (I think that is around what 50 GC is) let them, it doesn't affect you. I've been playing since release and I have never had a problem finding enough food/water to keep my meters up. Basically what I'm saying is, the stuff that you can buy does not give you any real advantage.
    It doesn't take away the fact that they're blatantly selling power, making money of uninformed people (or blatantly blind), spreading lies about their game (hell they even took the LoL ToS...), they had to change the "features" 2 times already, and they haven't changed the "100 player servers".

Now they have a "mod" on the WarZ forum... which, laughably is a guy who works on the game, welcome to the "freedom" of WarZ, you shall not talk about Hacks in the game, call them Snacks Nacks Racks Packs but hacks are a no-go.

Oh i forgot... Random bannwaves, issues when asking for refund. this game has it all, even big rigs! (referencelol)