Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So are you lot still in the WarZ corner, those Videos look like Gibberish from some Armature games developer -

And dont give me this - its still in alpha, from day one, the moments the game appears everything indicted that a beta was ready to go, that the game had been in the works for some time -

Even on the website there is and still is a Big splashed logo saying Preorder now for closed beta ? and only recently that have removed the preorder from it, well within the last few hours.

and clicking said button you get this -Enter your email address to register for the chance to participate in Closed Beta Event later this summer. - Well summer is kinda ending, and Autumn is here - And they only have a very, very shallow Alpha ?

What I see from them Videos is poorly made copy of DayZ ( and No i haven't played that game for ages and only played for about 2 weeks when I did ) And very limited game that looks like some modders knocked up over a weekend -
    Last edited by mmoc8344756004; 2012-09-21 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another video! Not as exciting as the others, but at least we can see the city.
    http://www.gamespot.com/the-war-z/vi...eplay-6396988/
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    So are you lot still in the WarZ corner, those Videos look like Gibberish from some Armature games developer -

And dont give me this - its still in alpha, from day one, the moments the game appears everything indicted that a beta was ready to go, that the game had been in the works for some time -

Even on the website there is and still is a Big splashed logo saying Preorder now for closed beta ? and only recently that have removed the preorder from it, well within the last few hours.

and clicking said button you get this -Enter your email address to register for the chance to participate in Closed Beta Event later this summer. - Well summer is kinda ending, and Autumn is here - And they only have a very, very shallow Alpha ?

What I see from them Videos is poorly made copy of DayZ ( and No i haven't played that game for ages and only played for about 2 weeks when I did ) And very limited game that looks like some modders knocked up over a weekend -
    Welcome back it seems you found your favorite Troll thread again :3.

Waaldo, unfortunate i cant make you admin of this post either so we can keep it up to date together ur faster then me finding those videos man!

Deleted

Dude, ok, we got since your 1º post that you dont like the game, why the hell are you still here repeating the same again, again and again? If you find it too "amateur", or poorly developed, DONT BUY IT, but stop comming here just to post that you dont like the game and that we shouldnt buy it (because thats what looks like you are trying to acomplish). If you dont have nothing better to do, please, leave the thread and let us talk about a game that, right know attracts our attentions.

On topic now, i really liked the videos and the info shared, lets hope the Alpha/Beta hits soon! But it looks that still, there is a lot of work to do, like adding more sounds, animations for the zombies/player, etc,. What i would like to see is the game with all the graphic options at full, because right now gives a bit "meh" impression (but still looks good).

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to understand the concept of 'Alpha'. You should've seen WoW in the alpha.

Things change DRAMATICALLY from Alpha --> Release.

The point of the alpha demonstrations are to show you how things are coming along. Sound is rarely something worked on in the alpha, and will be reworked in the beta. Bashing a game in the alpha is like calling a newborn child a failure for not having a college degree.

Deleted
    Its on open discussion forum - and I think everything about this game makes the games industry look like idiots - And people on here so quick to defend it -

Its a joke- and I thought people on MMO had open minds and could see a Scam when they come along -

They have been claiming the game was in Beta since people heard about it a few months back - Beta mentioned in the FAQ - released dates mentioned in the FAQ and on the forums - Beta. Beta Beta?

And now people over at WarZ Camp call it Pre Alpha - lol PRE ALPHA is Not even a game its a thought of a game its a sketch on a scrap of paper, Get your heads out of the clouds-

Just wait until this turkey is fully cooked - i will be back laughing all over this thread..
    Last edited by mmoc8344756004; 2012-09-22 at 06:28 AM.

Deleted
    Is this game from the DayZ creators?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Is this game from the DayZ creators?
    no it is not

10+ Year Old Account
    Its on open discussion forum - and I think everything about this game makes the games industry look like idiots - And people on here so quick to defend it -

Its a joke- and I thought people on MMO had open minds and could see a Scam when they come along -

They have been claiming the game was in Beta since people heard about it a few months back - Beta mentioned in the FAQ - released dates mentioned in the FAQ and on the forums - Beta. Beta Beta?

And now people over at WarZ Camp call it Pre Alpha - lol PRE ALPHA is Not even a game its a thought of a game its a sketch on a scrap of paper, Get your heads out of the clouds-

Just wait until this turkey is fully cooked - i will be back laughing all over this thread..
    It was one thing to call this game a scam when there was not a single drop of info about the game even existing. To call it a scam now is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

The devs have NEVER said the game was in beta, and they have never given a release date. They said it was their plan to release the beta late summer. I don't think you know what a plan is, because it's sure as hell not set in stone.

They were saying that they wanted to release a playable alpha for testing, which would make what we are seeing now the pre-alpha.

Once the game is finished and ready, why will you be laughing? That's just craziness.

Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-09-22 at 02:17 PM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account

Open discussion means to post constructively. You can do that with a negative opinion. To call this game a 'scam' is just an asinine thing to say, considering the fact that they trademarked the name, they are going on different interviews with actual gameplay, etc.

If it were a scam, you'd be able to pre-order it right now. They haven't taken a dime from anyone, so how can you say they're scamming anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    okay we'll see you then, bb

good vids btw thanks for the updates

Deleted
    Update Just some new screenshots as ussual getting added to the main post aswell!

As always its looking nice ) enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another video, this one is showing the guns recoil:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=o8NFoE9w31o#!
    The reloading sound made me laugh.
    Also, this is a post by Sergey on the WarZ forums.
    Here's some sttaus update :

1) There's fair amount of sounds need to be done. We're using same guys who did among other things sound effects for Call of Duty, so they're working on new sounds, dropping them into game, etc. Our plan to finish this process around first week of October. I'm sure there'll be some back and forths, but this is basically no risk item on our list.

2) Animations tweaks, creating new anims. Right now anims are around 60% done. I don't think they all will be 100% done by October, but I don't think what will be left is game breaking either.

3) Zombie's AI tweaking. This is ongoing process, ie changing one stat in database can completely change how they behave. Lots of tweaks will be done by mid october, but still I'm sure that even more tweaks will be done based on feedback from our community after game is open for public.

As for everything else - I think game is stable and polished enough to be released if above issues will be addressed.

Edit: Here is a thread with a TON of new screenies! All of those look absolutely amazing!! I would love to see the video with the swarm on the bridge! http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...ions-new-skins

Edit 2: After looking through the thread it does look like most of those screenshots are staged in some way (The zombies aren't moving even though the player is). They better have a good reason for doing that >.<
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-09-23 at 03:42 AM.

Move along.

Deleted
    About the alpha talk: why do people keep telling it's alpha or prealpha? If this game is going to be released in october or november the gameplay we've seen can't be "alpha" anymore. Calling that alpha would even be a nonsene by the pure definition of an "alpha". It's most likely some kind of beta or even release candidate state, which means nothing much will be changed greatly anymore beside some bugfixing or weapon sounds. Put off the pink glasses and ask yourself: have you seen changed anything significantly from the first videos shown in august until now? I doubt it. What you see is what you get.

And what can be seen does look ok (but nothing more unfortunately). I was really looking forward to this game, but I am somehow turned off by the fact, that all zombies are lame and slow walking creatures. Where's the danger in that? Why should people cooperate then anyways? Therefore I'm afraid the whole game results in a 0815 deathmatch/spawnkilling between players.
    If the zombies remain so slow I'd expect at least masses of zombies all around, but even that isn't the case. One dumb zombie each 100 m² looks quite boring to me. The latest screenshots from the bridge and town look good, but I'm also afriad the whole thing is staged, and once this is over, you'll end up the same boring way with "oncein a while zombies".
    I hope something changes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rostwell View Post
    About the alpha talk: why do people keep telling it's alpha or prealpha? If this game is going to be released in october or november the gameplay we've seen can't be "alpha" anymore. Calling that alpha would even be a nonsene by the pure definition of an "alpha". It's most likely some kind of beta or even release candidate state, which means nothing much will be changed greatly anymore beside some bugfixing or weapon sounds. Put off the pink glasses and ask yourself: have you seen changed anything significantly from the first videos shown in august until now? I doubt it. What you see is what you get.

And what can be seen does look ok (but nothing more unfortunately). I was really looking forward to this game, but I am somehow turned off by the fact, that all zombies are lame and slow walking creatures. Where's the danger in that? Why should people cooperate then anyways? Therefore I'm afraid the whole game results in a 0815 deathmatch/spawnkilling between players.
    If the zombies remain so slow I'd expect at least masses of zombies all around, but even that isn't the case. One dumb zombie each 100 m² looks quite boring to me. The latest screenshots from the bridge and town look good, but I'm also afriad the whole thing is staged, and once this is over, you'll end up the same boring way with "oncein a while zombies".
    The beta comes out in october, the game hasnt even been close to tested as far as ive read. Think we can start forming opinions when we get our hands on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-war-z-preview/
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-09-23 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are planning to release "The first publicly playable version"(most likely beta) in mid October. And what comes before beta? That's right. Alpha.
    You are the only person ever to say this game is in a release candidate state... so that is utter bullshit.
    Also, if you read the post directly above yours you will see that the developers still clearly have a lot of work to do.

Move along.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that in the videos, the character has many weapons/ammo, making quite easy the gameplay, but when you are playing, you will find only a few weapons (and the majority will be handguns) and a low number of ammo, so normally youll need to run from he zombies/players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    And what comes before beta? That's right. Alpha.
    You are the only person ever to say this game is in a release candidate state... so that is utter bullshit.
    Stop the ignorant claims, you obviously have no idea. If you think you can create a MMOG and then jump from Alpha to Release version within the last 2 months you are simpleminded and have absolutely no idea of the processes involved in game development, especially MMOs. Take, your lessons, or go develop games yourself - then you'll understand.

If the game is to be released in 1-2 months then everything what you see is at least Beta or ready for RC (despite not officially announced!).
    If it's really Alpha, then expect delays, with an earliest release in the 1st quarter of 2013 ...

Deleted

Here is the same images twice- one with big gun and then changed to smoke grange/small fire extinguisher?

10 minutes have elapsed between them as you can see, but the the zombie are in the exact same place- not one has moved - lol

This is taken from the WarZ forum with many other similar pictures, where the characters have change weapons/ have less ammo or the time is different, but the zombies stay in the same place-

Pure comedy -

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the ignorant claims, you obviously have no idea. If you think you can create a MMOG and then jump from Alpha to Release version within the last 2 months you are simpleminded and have absolutely no idea of the processes involved in game development, especially MMOs. Take, your lessons, or go develop games yourself - then you'll understand.

If the game is to be released in 1-2 months then everything what you see is at least Beta or ready for RC (despite not officially announced!).
    If it's really Alpha, then expect delays, with an earliest release in the 1st quarter of 2013 ...
    Thanks for quoting half of my post. I said that, according to the devs, they are PLANNING to release the BETA in October! where the hell are you getting this whole alpha to full game in 1-2 months!? They have never given a release date for the full game, only beta.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-09-23 at 08:58 PM.

Move along.