Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Even if you'd enter a world as an ordinary person, you would still have extensive knowledge about the world. Plots, characters, where to go and when, enemies weaknesses etc. If you go to the Harry Potter universe, as an ordinary muggle, tracking down Harry and telling him all he needs to know and join his travels would be a a pretty sweet ride. Same thing in the Mass Effect universe, even with the reapers, you'd know how best to assist Shepard, which planets to find what on, how to persuade key characters, and so on. Same thing in the Star Trek or Star Wars universe, and as hinted at in this thread already, the Pokémon universe shows how you can use your knowledge of the universe particularly well.
    I didn't think about that before... I would have to go with Harry Potter, or Middle-Earth.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

15+ Year Old Account
    Remove DBZ universe, please. Otherwise DBZ will just win like it did the last poll that included it (which was a useless "fun" poll contest to have in the first place when everyone could pickt he winners on day 1).

P.S. : Add Marvel universes for at least a small amount of diversity. There's more anime on there than everything else combined it looks like.
    Last edited by Fenixdown; 2012-09-04 at 02:43 PM.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    I would choose Dragon Ball if i could find all the balls and ask the dragon to fulfill everything that's written on a damn long list.

Otherwise i would pick either Pokémon, Death Note (only if i get the Death Note) or Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Even if you'd enter a world as an ordinary person, you would still have extensive knowledge about the world. Plots, characters, where to go and when, enemies weaknesses etc. If you go to the Harry Potter universe, as an ordinary muggle, tracking down Harry and telling him all he needs to know and join his travels would be a a pretty sweet ride. Same thing in the Mass Effect universe, even with the reapers, you'd know how best to assist Shepard, which planets to find what on, how to persuade key characters, and so on. Same thing in the Star Trek or Star Wars universe, and as hinted at in this thread already, the Pokémon universe shows how you can use your knowledge of the universe particularly well.

You can tell Frodo to take an eagle to Mordor, prevent the death of Dekard Kain, you know how to defeat the bosses in the Half-life universe, the plot progression of Dr. Who, and the list goes on. Imagine the impact on the political landscape you could have as an ordinary person having read all the books and entering the Game of Thrones universe, and knowing where all the good stuff happens, and when.

I would also like to see the Star Gate universe added (original series), as well as Two Worlds and the Starcraft universe. Adding a wish to add WoW to a list posted on a WoW fan forum seems redundant.
    You raised many a good point, my hat goes off to you. However, it assumes that you retain all of your current knowledge about the world you're going into. If you were to, that would make you very powerful indeed, as you so well described. One major issue that would occur in many of the worlds, though, is getting people to actually believe you. I suppose that'd be a bridge to cross in it's own due time.

This brings a great number of worlds into consideration that I would have previously ignored for their problems. I'd still like to pass on some of the more violent ones, but the knowledge on how to stop or help Light succeed, or to essentially have a world such as Pokemon in the palm of your hands, is rather tempting. It would really depend on when and where you were placed into the world that you chose, and if you were just your average Joe Schmoe, or at the very least, had resources readily available.

I believe the Sims is still the safest bet, but many others wouldn't be nearly as bad as I first assumed.

Who said you would be just a regular human if you went to one of those worlds?
    I'd think it'd be more like you'd get there and be a side-character type thing with powers of your own (depending on the world).
    But there are some really tough choices there D: Honestly can't decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

You got a really good point there Raphtheone, is not that someone go there as normal and that's all, go live and stay aside from the cool stuff. it's all about making everything possible on each world

i'm not considering removing DBZ, is not that i'm getting into it too, i'm just giving away many possible options. but no one knows if it gets beaten by some other world since i'm doing it with brackets system 1v1
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Any ideas on how are the brackets order gonna be?

I'd go to the Doctor Who universe, take a plane to London, and just wait for the aliens to attack again. Find the Doctor, profit.

Fixed the OP image, there should be the names on each world now.

Will still hear suggestions if you want a new world or then i'll start setting up the brackets soon.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Gotta be Doctor Who for me, especially if I get to interact with the doctor or even be a timelord!

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the list (and I know a good majority of them) the nicest to me to live in would have to be the Avatar world, no contest. Post Book 3 of course.

A lot of those even if you where in the world it wouldn't mean anything (Death Note being a prime example).

Lord of the Rings and Fullmetal would be my other two choices.

Lord of the Rings either post Book 3 or fairly pre Book 1 living with most of the races would be nice. Hobbits especially.

Fullmetal Alchemist is a bit tougher because of the war always going on, but if you wouldn't mind all the militaristic settings of the country then it wouldn't be half bad.

Oh, I didn't notice Pokemon there. That choice wouldn't be half bad either.