Thread: [TV] Revolution

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Revolution

Starts 17 September

Is this another Terra Nova one season cancel show ? its looks cheesy with an overly attractive cast -

But I need something cheesy -most of the TV shows I've been watching have been a little on the serious side.

I can just see the final episode- they turn the power back on and everyone pulls out a smart phone and checks their twitter and facebook
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-09-02 at 07:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea. Although it's on Network television so expect 1 season and then a cancellation with a reality show or shitty comedy in it's place.

If this show had been picked up by HBO or another pay channel, I would have been all over it.

As it stands, I'm still gonna watch it. I love post-apocalypse settings...

But I think they're just gonna end up trashing it and making it feel like a cross between Jericho, Jeremiah, Fallen Skies, and the Event.

One of those shows that I love to see 'what happens' but end up feeling like I should just fastforward through the whole episode and watch the last 2 minutes instead of all the melodrama.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here. I hope I am... but I doubt they can really present the setting properly on network TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's on NBC. cancelled before christmas.
    Hi

I think it's in contention for being the first new show to be cancelled. It doesn't help they have it showing at 10 PM as people head to bed but it's also up against Castle and Hawaii 5-0 which both have been on for a few seasons and have good built-in audiences already. However, the season premiere will have no competition but the second episode will be going up the season premieres of both so they better make the most of that 1st episode. Still it can't do any worse then last year's Playboy Club which got cancelled after 3 episodes.

I will watch it though but I have some nagging doubts they can make weekly episodes interesting. We shall see though.

NBC released the first episode online as a teaser (two weeks early). I don't know if that hurts of helps it's chances of lasting, but it was a good episode and I hope it stays good and doesn't get cancelled. Giancarlo Esposito and Billy Burke are both pretty awesome. Seeing as it's sci-fi on network tv, though, I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    NBC released the first episode online as a teaser (two weeks early). I don't know if that hurts of helps it's chances of lasting, but it was a good episode and I hope it stays good and doesn't get cancelled. Giancarlo Esposito and Billy Burke are both pretty awesome. Seeing as it's sci-fi on network tv, though, I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up.
    Wow awesome. I tried playing it at work but our internet is slow as molasses. I'll check it out later tonight at home. Here is the link for those interested.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378/

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched it today, i liked it. Hopefully they won't fuck it up but the relationship between the militia guy and the daughter which clearly is going to happen could ruin the show tbh, it's been done before, and it's bad

Cancel this now please.

I'm a big fan of Han Solo, but even that ripoff wasnt compelling to me, and the rest of the cast was blah.

Felt like I was watching Jericho again. I dunno why the "What happened ?" mystery wasn't as compelling to me in this show, but it was. Maybe it was the 15 year timeskip.

I'd like to say the ACDC tshirt was cute, but it was so obvious it was insulting.

And NBC, you DON'T make strong female leads by surrounding them with weak and sickly males...

Heck, they even had the lead 'rescued' by a 'real man'.

It was probably the wrong move by NBC to release a pilot this bad 'early' in the hopes to drum up viewers.

while the premise is an interesting one(all electricity stops working), the show is far to silly.

people get knocked off their feet by a crossbow, a guy drinks a whole bottle of aged scotch in about 2 hours then fights like Zoro, and a leader of one of the new fiefdoms keeps his army encamped indefinitely.

there are other things that make you laugh, like the idea that an airplane might still have it's first aid kit after 15 years of looting.

seems to me like NBC is trying to make money on the "The Hunger Games" crap(hero is a teenage female with a bow type weapon).

as others have said, if it was on HBO, STARZ, or another pay channel it would have potential, but as it stands it will just be half a season then canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Everyone is crispy clean and attractive -

Also my relatives live in Ireland, and apart from some cousins that live near cork city the older generation that lives in the country wouldn't notice if the electricity turned off, and nothing in their lives would change
    Last edited by mmoc8344756004; 2012-09-06 at 09:33 AM.

sheesh, guys...whatever happened to suspending disbelief and just going along with the ride? I could nitpick every popular show on tv but that takes the fun out of it! Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was interesting IMO, plus any sci-fi show on network tv is a win in my book, lol

Deleted
    This looks like a show i would be annoyed at do they ever explain why batteries and combustion engines does not work? becos that sounds a bit bullshit to me if there is only a loss of power its like someone is messing with reality changing how chemical reactions work and not that its about a blackout.

I couldn't even watch it. It would go with the circlely thing indicating it would start any second but it never did. I wonder if it's because I'm in Canada and CITYTV has the rights to it. Heck I even tried to view Knight Rider and the same thing happened. But once I started to view promo videos the videos started no problem. Of course CITYTV doesn't have a video of the 1st episode on their website.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    do they ever explain why batteries and combustion engines does not work?
    there's one one episode available (it hasn't even aired yet) but no, they haven't explained it yet. It's a television show, so they cant just explain everything in the first episode. It's one of the mysteries that I'm sure will be explained (if the show lasts). SPOILER (click if you don't care): at the end of the first episode they reveal that there is a device that makes electrical equipment work again, so SOMEONE definitely engineered the blackout as well as this device to circumvent it....BUT WHO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the plane just fall to Earth?

Can they no longer glide?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Terra Nova, and I'll probably like this show too...

I am very easy to please

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post

Aren't planes flown by computer. The pilot tells the computer what to do via controls and the computer does everything from there. So no engine, means no thrust, which means that the plane would not be able to glide???? IDK just using my limited understanding of how planes function.

Also agree with Vayjir with regards to technology that does not rely on electricity. After initial looting and riots, wouldn't we as a society be able to adapt older non eletrical using technologies and rebuild? Some one mentioned that they have family that wouldn't even notice electricity being removed from their lives. I actually have family as well that live in remote villages that only use electricity to watch tv and for lights. They trade locally with each other so they don't even need stores. Heck one of my uncles is a Blacksmith so they can build there own tools to farm and defend themselves.

I'll give the show a few episodes, but it doesn't look like it'll survive, but I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post

Planes don't glide, they create a vacuum from their propulsion that pulls them up. While most planes probably wouldn't go into a deadspin simply from losing propulsion, its a pretty likely scenario, and allows them to present the loss of power in a very dramatic way. Planes literally dropping from the sky.

I'm perfectly willing to 'suspend disbelief' over the fact that combustion and basic physics simply stop working. (imo, a massive EMP would be a much more interesting presentation, but it wouldnt result in the changes seen here) ... i CANNOT simply ignore the 1-dimensional characters and total lack of any originality to the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Planes don't glide, they create a vacuum from their propulsion that pulls them up. While most planes probably wouldn't go into a deadspin simply from losing propulsion, its a pretty likely scenario, and allows them to present the loss of power in a very dramatic way. Planes literally dropping from the sky.
    Not entirely. Planes create lift, but it's far from a vacuum. Also, if a plane looses all power it can stay airborne and glide just fine, it just has to be pointed down enough to maintain it's lift. Problem is you can only go so far down. Pulling up at that point would cause the plane to stall. Stalling is basically where you're not moving forward fast enough to create enough lift to stay in the air. Without power, even a slight stall could be un-recoverable because you wouldn't be able to pull out of the stall without engines.