Thread: [TV] Revolution

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure that your brain doesn't stop working when an EMP goes off and I'm pretty sure this is just something like a sustained EMP.
    An EMP just shocks all electric circuits and kills them though, something that would have rendered the mysteriously working electronics to be destroyed in an instant again breaking the premise of the show. There are ways to shield equipment from EMP as well, something we can assume people would try as a solution the the problem.

I love sci-fi as much as the next guy but the plot of this show is just to illogical to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I work on this show and even I don't like it -.- lol
    Really? Without giving yourself away too much what exactly do you do on the show?

I finally got to watch last week's episode (Damn you Easter) and I was annoyed by it but for an entirely different reason. I read on an article with Eric Kripke the show's creator. He said to give last week's episode a chance in that Rachel would spill her guts as to what she knows which didn't happen at all. In fact they decide to separate her from the group within 5 minutes and any inquiries was met with "It's a Long Story" or something similar. Also, apparently to avoid being blown to smithereens just hop into the freezer? And Rocket Launchers need electricity now? Hope the army has really long extension cords when they are out in the desert.

The other part is they should be now at the point where episodes that are now shown were filmed after the 1st episode aired. Meaning they had time to look at the criticisms and make some adjustments which I didn't really see last night. Especially since they had an almost 4 month break.

Not everything was Doom N Gloom though. I loved the dialogue when they asked if Miles was still alive or not. I also liked car dialogue at the end but I think they needed to show it instead of talking about it. The end helicopter attack was for the most part well done aside from the rocket launcher needing electricity. And what the hell is with the tracking device?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    The end helicopter attack was for the most part well done aside from the rocket launcher needing electricity.
    Helicopter with no electricity? O_O

And Rocket Launchers need electricity now? Hope the army has really long extension cords when they are out in the desert.
    I'm not sure how true it is since i don't own and haven't used a Rocket Launcher but they were saying that the guidance systems need electricity. They don't have to plug it into a wall though. It would be battery operated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Without giving yourself away too much what exactly do you do on the show?
    My job title is kind of wordy, but basically I work with the writers. I work directly for NBC while the writers work directly for the production studios. I am sort of the go between guy, and while I have no personal creative licensing with the writing, if my bosses higher up on NBC want something done in the script, I am there to make it happen. I've worked for a few different shows, before this it was 30 Rock and before that I worked with Conan when he was still in NY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone seen the last few episodes? Now that they explained why there is no electricity I can actually look at it. And at the end of episode 14 in seems we will be seeing war.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Anyone seen the last few episodes? Now that they explained why there is no electricity I can actually look at it. And at the end of episode 14 in seems we will be seeing war.
    I've seen them all. Was there a question or just asking? I'm confused. Overall, I still enjoy the show. I like how drastically Charlie has changed over the course of the show from innocent, scared child to ruthless, calculating killer. Not really a big fan of many of the characters though unfortunately. For example, I still don't get what purpose Aaron has except for being annoying and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm not sure how true it is since i don't own and haven't used a Rocket Launcher but they were saying that the guidance systems need electricity. They don't have to plug it into a wall though. It would be battery operated.
    Hmmm, that makes a bit more sense. I assume Rocket Launchers would work similar to guns. Even if the Guidance System was down they should still be able to point it at something (like a helicopter) and shoot.

In other news Revolution got picked up by NBC for season 2:

http://www.tv.com/news/nbc-renews-re...-136700201684/

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    My job title is kind of wordy, but basically I work with the writers. I work directly for NBC while the writers work directly for the production studios. I am sort of the go between guy, and while I have no personal creative licensing with the writing, if my bosses higher up on NBC want something done in the script, I am there to make it happen. I've worked for a few different shows, before this it was 30 Rock and before that I worked with Conan when he was still in NY.
    If you ever get unbanned if you could give an example of something NBC would want changed? What if the writers refused their/your request?

[TV] Revolution

Does anyone watch this show? I just watched the latest episode and Charlie is just so annoying! They get all this support from Georgia just to turn back and try to release their prisoner, honestly I can't stand that she's one of the main characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people that watch it. There is a thread buried somewhere in this forum. It's the show I actually work on with NBC. I'm not even a fan of it really lol So much potential wasted.

According the latest tv ratings about 6 million people watched Monday's episode so some people are still watching it and it did get renewed for a second season. However, I don't think overall anyone from viewers to NBC are too happy with it so I fully expect some major changes in the off season.

Charlie needs to die. She was getting better after the break but this last episode had me pissed at her again. She's such a bleeding heart and it's so freaking obnoxious.

Looks like this is getting moved to Wednesdays to 8. Barring any schedule changes it means it's up against American Idol/X-Factor, Survivor, The Middle, and Arrow.

Characters are really poor and the plot is quite awful, I've watched every episode so far but it's only average. Also really annoyed at how Billy Burke is some invincible action movie superhero who can't get hurt and tries too hard to show no emotion.

Charlie is even worse, same level as Daenerys. There's just nothing there beside emptiness.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just saw the season 1 final, and I must say that it was amazing. Can't wait for season 2. The ending was totally unexpected for me, was waiting for a happy puppy huggy ending, but we had nukes flying.

Anyone else see the final? What did you think?

[TV]

Hey guys,

I am moving house in a couple of days and don't want to miss my favorite show as I won't have satelitte for the next 2 weeks.

Wondering if anyone has any good sites that I can watch the whole series from? (Revolution)

Cheers

You'll be fine. New episodes of revolution don't start until the end of September. I'm not sure the forum rules allows to suggest anything but Hulu and NBC.com anyway

boojour.eu

Revolution is daring and bold, a show where the enemy is the state. I like how the focus shifts to from season 1 to 2, the story is flowing.. i hope we have a season with the power back on

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Revolution is daring and bold, a show where the enemy is the state. I like how the focus shifts to from season 1 to 2, the story is flowing.. i hope we have a season with the power back on
    It's going to iffy if there will be a season 3. The ratings aren't good but they are lucky NBC has even worse shows ratings wise plus they really have nothing to replace it with. I have heard they have made some good changes but it hasn't been enough to bring me back.