10+ Year Old Account

Pulling Calf muscle when lying down.

Hello, so i'v been having this problem for about 2 years now but it only happens maybe once a month. But sometimes when i wake up in the morning and i stretch i pull a muscle or something in my leg and it HURTS, it is one of the worst pains iv ever felt and i'm lying in bed for about 3minutes in so much pain.

It only happens when i'm lying down and i can really stop myself from stretching because its as soon as i wake up and its just a habbit.

But after the pain is gone i sit there and it still hurts and it will for the rest of the day. But when it does come as soon as i stretch i cant walk or anything. It feels like someone stabbed me with a knife in the back of the leg.

Anyways, i'm just wondering why this could be, if theres a way to stop it and also is there a way to get rid of the pain as soon as it happens.

Thanks

Sounds more like a muscle cramp than pulling a muscle. I've had it before and yes, it was incredibly painful. I was a kid at the time and I remember begging my mom to cut my leg off, it hurt so bad.

Try eating more bananas. I believe low potassium levels can cause muscle cramps.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/muscle-cramp/DS00311 Here's some reading. See if any of it might apply to your issue.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-09-03 at 03:30 AM.

Sounds like cramp, I get it occasionally too. For me I find that stretching it actually makes it better, I get up and stand on the tips of my toes and bounce my weight onto it to stretch it and usually the pain goes away. Sometimes it wakes me up and I end up jumping around my room like some crazy monkey.

Very painful!
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-09-03 at 03:53 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Waking up to a calf cramp is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Oh god i remember getting these but for me it was mostly waking up in the middle of night and being in so much pain.

Were u master... On topic.. Take Iron/Drink lots of water. After riding my motorcycle quite often i noticed these all too much, started stretching before bed and drinking a lot more water, haven't experienced one yet!

Try firmly planting your foot on the floor and bending your knee. That's what I do, works every time.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

muscle cramps suck
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Sounds like cramp, I get it occasionally too. For me I find that stretching it actually makes it better, I get up and stand on the tips of my toes and bounce my weight onto it to stretch it and usually the pain goes away. Sometimes it wakes me up and I end up jumping around my room like some crazy monkey.

Very painful!
    I do the same thing >.> thank god no one can see into my bedroom from the window haha.