Deleted

CS GO, where's the competition at?

I used to play CS heavily during 1.6 mainly setting up matches with my team on IRC's clanwars channel.

I'm thinking of getting back into it with a few mates but was wondering how most matches are setup nowadays? Is IRC still the place to go? What channel is best for UK players? Will cs:go take over source competitively?

Deleted
    Source is pretty much officially dead with it's last LAN being i46, most major source teams such as mouz, mtw etc have all moved to CS:GO official, there also seems to be a big intrest from the 1.6 community as well, with the likes of NiP returning (get_right etc), SK and Fnatic iirc.

IRC Channel wise

/join #toponly.csgo
    /join #euro.csgo
    /join #csgotime
    /join #csgo.cadred
    /join #CS:GO
    /join #pcw.csgo
    /join #csgo
    /join #5on5.csgo
    /join #cstrike.go
    /join #esl.go4csgo
    /join #skilled.csgo
    /join #csgo.pracc
    /join #2on2.csgo

Websites cadred.org - hltv.org

CSGO Mixes use cssmixes.co.uk or ESEA (Paid)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esoum View Post
    Source is pretty much officially dead with it's last LAN being i46, most major source teams such as mouz, mtw etc have all moved to CS:GO official, there also seems to be a big intrest from the 1.6 community as well, with the likes of NiP returning (get_right etc), SK and Fnatic iirc.

IRC Channel wise

/join #toponly.csgo
    /join #euro.csgo
    /join #csgotime
    /join #csgo.cadred
    /join #CS:GO
    /join #pcw.csgo
    /join #csgo
    /join #5on5.csgo
    /join #cstrike.go
    /join #esl.go4csgo
    /join #skilled.csgo
    /join #csgo.pracc
    /join #2on2.csgo

Websites cadred.org - hltv.org

CSGO Mixes use cssmixes.co.uk or ESEA (Paid)
    Cheers =]

On another note, how can SK and NiP return? Weren't they essentially the same team? Hope HeatoN and SpawN are around :>.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-09-04 at 05:24 PM.

If it can get the same crowd of pro gamers that 1.x had (source split the crowd in half) I'd be more likely to jump back in despite my dislike how how some of the things are handled. I really do miss competitive play : (