Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    - Standard Edition: $50 USD Retail/Full Copy

does this mean that this one also contains Rift itself?
    If you're a totally new player, you can buy the standard version or the Collector's Edition "Infinity" and both include 'vanilla' Rift, so yes, you get the original game plus expansion

If you already have original Rift, you can just get Storm Legion alone, however i think that'll be Digital Download only, i don't think you'll be able to buy the Expansion alone in shops...i might be wrong

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/preorder/

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    - Standard Edition: $50 USD Retail/Full Copy

does this mean that this one also contains Rift itself? Since the others are upgrades
    Yes, Storm Legion Includes Vanilla Rift as part of the purchase deal. you get both games for that price. that having been said, there's also a deal where you get SL for free if you sub to current rift for a full year, with perks such as a mount and the "Stormbringer" title.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Had quite a chuckle with this. Trion has, in 1.5 years repeatedly accomplished things that Blizz has been promising for years. New models, Player Housing, are just a few. I'm playing GW2 at the moment, but I'm still subbed to Rift and going to buy that 1 year deal. Trion have consistently performed, so I know it is money well spent. The improvements to quality of life since release make Rift 1.9 look like a brand new game compared to v1.0
    I don't remember Blizzard saying anything about willing to do player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You are correct. They have even stated that they are against player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    To both you and Lillpapps, yes they have. Before launch, (for those of us who do remember) and several times since.

This used to be the source but for some reason its broken on Blizzard's Site. The comments and feedback are still preserved on WoWWiki.

"Katricia: Player housing will not be available until after World of Warcraft has been released. Our plan is to add player housing in a future live update or expansion. Our current idea (which could change) is to extend the cities to have player housing neighborhoods. For example, in the canal area of Stormwind players can see a blue instance portal behind a large portcullis; this is the entrance to the player housing neighborhood in Stormwind."

"Katricia: "Guild Halls will most likely not be implemented before World of Warcraft is released. They are very similar to Player Housing (which also will not make the release).

Both Player Housing and Guild Halls will be implemented as soon as possible after release.

I have no information available regarding the functions of either Guild Halls or Player Housing. ~Kat "

"Tigole: " You've posted some really cool ideas on Guild Halls.

Player and guild housing is something we've always been interested in pursuing. While we won't be including those features in the Burning Crusade, that doesn't mean we've abandoned our hope to include housing in the game sometime in the future."

"Nethaera: "The word is that we like the idea of player housing and would like to implement it at some point in the future, however we don't have any particular ETA of when we will. There is a laundry list of things we still would like to add to World of Warcraft and this is just one of them."

It was only in 2007 & 2008 that they did an about face and started saying "We never used "Promise" in any of our communications".

Tom Chilton: "Is there a feature in another MMO that you admire and would like to see in WoW? Sure! Right now, for example, we don't have a housing system. Other MMOs have it and it's a system that we've talked about since before the launch of the original WoW. We've talked about housing and how we'd do it and how it might work for at least five years.

Is it something you're actively working on? No, we're not working on right now, but it's incredibly complex to do right and we're not sure yet if it's going to be the right thing for WoW in the long run. It has major implications for the game itself and again I wouldn't go out of my way and say never but it's not on the immediately of things to do."

"Nethaera: "These were not promised at any particular time . I don't believe we even used the word "promise" in any statements about these. We have said in the past , however, that these are things we would like to see added to the game. I can't give you an ETA since we don't have one as of yet.

We'd like them added in, sure, but beyond that we couldn't tell you more. When we get close to a point where we actually are implementing these things, we'll do what we can to give you all a heads-up."

it gets even sillier after that. (not enough people want player/guild housing, it'll make the world empty, and ofc, developer time)

I don't want to derail this thread, but that's what you chose to critique out of his post?
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Eh, i guess I'm 'stuck' with the ugly Trion Cloak.

I really feel they dropped the ball with how the 'sold' the expansion. I feel cheated that they released the 'buy the most expensive version' first without at least letting us know what the other versions were priced at and what they had. Now everyone who 'jumped' for the free year version now gets the worst of the cloaks? C'mon, we 'promised' ourselves to you for a year, we could at least get a pick of the cloaks.

Heck everyone should. The Trion cloak is horrible!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, never played this game but I suddenly have a huge urge to

I'll just put this here.

The time for the second soul reveal is nigh!

This time the Warrior gets his great unveil, and while you might know that the latest Soul to be added in RIFT: Storm Legion is the Tempest we'll be taking the time to tell you exactly what's in store for this battle-hardened calling.

So join us & MMORPG.com for another epic live stream on Twitch.TV/MMORPGCOM this Friday, September 14th @ 3:30PM Pacific (10:30PM GMT) as we call down the thunder!

Miss the Mage Live Stream Last Month? Check out the Harbinger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Go log on the pts sometime then come lecture me. People were putting out statements saying that what they showed at Pax was buggy from the playtest and that was unbelivably limited. It is bad PR they do not need because some devs have too much pride to open beta test a expansion.

You take what will amount to a 7gig+ download and then expect it to be tested in under a month and a half. There is a point where you have to look at this realistically.

That collosus event they showed will not have 30 people like the promo showed more like 150+ if not more. Where is the stress testing? Literally no talk of new pvp in the expansion at all. To say details are missing is the mother of all understatements.

I am just getting this odd feeling that with 1.10 world being mehhh and 1.11 world event being kind of mehh also pretty much every dev at Trion has been shifted to SL development.
    Geeez, mate. Relax.

Tinfoil hat theory champion award?

Rift was in a closed beta originally, was it not? So why on earth would you think SL is not? Rift released pretty smoothly with bugs fixed quickly. The foundation for the world and stress testing has gone well with the addition of new continents. Why on earth do you think the game engine won't cope now that it has been optimized after 1.5 years?

It's pretty obvious having SL on PTS will destroy the excitement of upcoming events. Not every game developer is as narrow minded and greedy to just bare all content in a beta leaving their customers with a "oh, I've seen all this in beta - where's the new stuff?".

Sheeeez.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    I'll just put this here.

Man, we have to wait till Friday : (

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

It's pretty obvious having SL on PTS will destroy the excitement of upcoming events. Not every game developer is as narrow minded and greedy to just bare all content in a beta leaving their customers with a "oh, I've seen all this in beta - where's the new stuff?".

Sheeeez.
    They basically have 1 1/2 months left to effectively test upwards of 7+ gigs worth of new content if not more. My faith that it will not be buggy is based on every content patch released thus far having some kinds of exploit or major bug that turned the dungeon/world event/raid into a joke.

It would be easy advertisement for them because it would clearly overshadow GW2 and MoP. I am not sure what they are thinking not doing open beta. They already said Rogue will be a month after 9/14/2012, then 10/14/2012 maybe a week later Cleric?? That leaves literally no time to see or test this content.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Man, we have to wait till Friday : (
    The good news is that Elrar's pointed out that the next two reveals will be closer to each other and we'll have most of the information soon.

If the other three souls are as cool as the Harbringer, then I'd be at a loss as to which class will be my main in SL. Choices choices

I really like the Rift Warrior class so I'm very eagerly awaiting what the Tempest is. My main spec is going to be tank (of course) but here's hoping the Tempest is some kind of ranged DPS (although personally I doubt it).

I want to start playing it when I see this trailer. So I guess it's good .

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    The good news is that Elrar's pointed out that the next two reveals will be closer to each other and we'll have most of the information soon.

If the other three souls are as cool as the Harbringer, then I'd be at a loss as to which class will be my main in SL. Choices choices
    Cleric reveal last ;_;

Hopefully they're saving it for last because it's the best!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Cleric reveal last ;_;

Hopefully they're saving it for last because it's the best!
    Hahahahhaa!

Silly edge, they're saving Clerics for the last because no one plays Clerics! ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Are they doing any engine updates?

The game ran horribly when I played it, good game but FPS sucked badly and I'm certain that it isn't the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hahahahhaa!

Silly edge, they're saving Clerics for the last because no one plays Clerics! ;p
    Now now. Nobody DPSes with a Cleric. They're mighty fine healers though.

And I just got my first toon to 50 today.....it's a Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Now now. Nobody DPSes with a Cleric. They're mighty fine healers though.

And I just got my first toon to 50 today.....it's a Cleric.
    Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to dps on my cleric -_-

-icar specs and healing specs is pretty much all I roll with now. Might try to build up some form of a tank set before the expansion hits, but meh : /

Well went to checkout new expac and there it is a woman in skimpy armor.
    I remember they did it in not long ago patch, a big muscle dude in shorts and girls in bikini..Why they got to advertise like this, big turn off for me