Page 84 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Seems like a random mishmash of callbacks to the first block, and then a bunch of eldrazi tribal. There's, like, one elf, and a couple relevant vampires.
    It does seem they focused more on making sure there are allies rather than trying to make sure to show that there are multiple races that are allying together, although besides the Eldrazi there is only about 5 total races on the plane.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I'm thinking the BFZ event deck might be worth getting to get started in Standard. Good value and looks to be a solid idea for a deck.
    They definitely upped the value since the past two or three years of event decks have been pretty bad, plus it looks like they will have two mythics in them like many of their other products from now on. I'll be able to get the other three Walkers I've needed that I should have bought when they were $2.

I have to agree, the event deck is great in terms of value. In terms of playability it is very "meh", however...

I am more interested in the possibilities for vise. Prison/Lock decks needed something like that to become more viable. Doubt it is enough, but it is a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched someone at work open a case of BFZ. He got two ex. lands...both overgrown tombs lol. Like the least expensive of the bunch. Felt kinda bad for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I watched someone at work open a case of BFZ. He got two ex. lands...both overgrown tombs lol. Like the least expensive of the bunch. Felt kinda bad for him.
    Could have been worse, he could have opened up two tangolands instead.

Out of 3 boxes and 2 fat packs my little group of 3 people only saw one expedition.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-10-06 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello all. I'm fairly new to MTG. I just started about 2 months ago and I'm working on my first original deck. I'd like some help refining it, particularly the lands.

Creakwood Liege x4
    Sprouting Trinax x4
    Sylvan Caryatid x4
    Zendikar Incarnate x4
    Rampaging Baloths x2
    Archetype of finality x1
    Azusa, Lost but Seeking x1
    Omnath, Locus of Rage x1
    Thromok the Insatiable x1

Xenagos, the Reveler x1

Lightning Bolt x4

Explosive Vegetation x2
    Army of the Damned x1
    Gelatinous Genesis x1
    Lavalanche x1

Primal Vigor x2
    Warstorm Surge x2
    Fires of Yavimaya x1

What I got so far. The concept is a tidal wave, build then crash. Hope it's not too bad. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Primal Vigor is pointless if you can get your hands on Doubling Season. I'm not really an authority on rating decks so that's really all I got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Primal Vigor is pointless if you can get your hands on Doubling Season. I'm not really an authority on rating decks so that's really all I got.
    Thank you... Well, it's kinda expensive though. My money would be tied up in Azusa. What I really need help with is the lands. There are so many kinds and I don't really know where to start. Do you know which are good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Thank you... Well, it's kinda expensive though. My money would be tied up in Azusa. What I really need help with is the lands. There are so many kinds and I don't really know where to start. Do you know which are good?
    Savage Lands should work well http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=174877

Kessig Wolf Run is kinda cool. Got it in my undying deck http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=373323
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-10-11 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Wolf Run is cool. Works good with Xenagos too. Thanks!

I have a lot of multicolors... Anyone know if it's better to go with searching basic lands or getting more multi type lands? I saw one that's like Explosive Vegetation but in land form in this thread. That could be cool for more landfall effects.

Possibly got ourselves our first Commander preview.

Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas - 2WR
    Legendary Creature - Giant Soldier
    Double strike, vigilance
    Whenever you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost 5 or greater, you get an experience counter.
    ~ gets +1/+1 for each experience counter you have.
    3/3

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa. Trying to turn this into an RPG. I would have been happy with a 3/3 double strike vigilance for 4. In fact, I think that's powerful enough. I love red/white, but I've never had the cards to make a good deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've pre-ordered every set of CMD decks so far, but the last ones I actually kinda LOST money. I paid $133 for the set, I later found them for $100-$120. THe first CMD decks went UP in price, and some of their commanders are worth quite a bit of money now. Even the second set had some money cards, but so far, the new mono-colored CMD decks just aren't worth that kind of money.

I really hope these pay off.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I've pre-ordered every set of CMD decks so far, but the last ones I actually kinda LOST money. I paid $133 for the set, I later found them for $100-$120. THe first CMD decks went UP in price, and some of their commanders are worth quite a bit of money now. Even the second set had some money cards, but so far, the new mono-colored CMD decks just aren't worth that kind of money.

I really hope these pay off.
    I found the decks last year to be the best made (besides the blue deck only having two counterspells, seriously what's that about?), but yes the value was definitely lacking. Outside of Wurmcoil Engine and Containment Priest there wasn't too much else there. The black deck was missing Cabal Coffers, or Damnation, as an obvious reprint.

I'm sure this years will be alright, although most are hoping for the land bases to be decent, I'm personally hoping for them to be better than 2013's decks, those were overall pretty boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I found the decks last year to be the best made (besides the blue deck only having two counterspells, seriously what's that about?), but yes the value was definitely lacking. Outside of Wurmcoil Engine and Containment Priest there wasn't too much else there. The black deck was missing Cabal Coffers, or Damnation, as an obvious reprint.

I'm sure this years will be alright, although most are hoping for the land bases to be decent, I'm personally hoping for them to be better than 2013's decks, those were overall pretty boring.
    I really wish WotC would take the CMD decks seriously, and start printing shit that we actually NEED. Sol Rings and Command Towers are certainly nice, but we have so, so many staples that need serious reprints it isn't even funny. I mean, look at the prices on Tops! Damnation like you said, Cabal Coffers yes please.

They printed rather expensive cards from P3K, and those prints aren't all that expensive. The originals only dropped a few bucks, if that. They need to print stuff like Moat, Tabernacle, Bazaar of Baghdad, so many other expensive Legacy cards that get used in EDH all the time. I own a playset of moats, two tabernacles, 3 Bazaars, and I would kill to see these cards in the new frame. Hell, we need more of things like Thran Dynamo, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, maybe a Mox Diamond or Chrome Mox too.

As far as land bases, go, if they don't print shocks in them, I'm going to officially start writing these decks off. Dual color decks would be PERFECT to see shocks get a print run. Yes, they reprinted them in RTR, yes, they technically reprinted them in BfZ. But this is their chance to show they aren't afraid of printing decks that are actually worth playing again.

I don't mind them at all printing cards that, in CMD, work out well, but would be broken as fuck if they functioned in any other format. Like Command Tower. A land that does not come into play tapped and basically taps for any color, with zero drawbacks? Could you even imagine? Commander's Sphere is pretty good too. It's basically a staple in my EDH decks now. A mana rock that taps for any color and you can sac to draw a card. I bet money that would see play outside of EDH if it didn't only tap for your commander's colors. And the Lieutenant cards, especially like Thunderfoot Baloth. Staple in any GX deck I make. He's big, and he gives all your stuff a permanent Overrun effect. Cripes, so crazy.

As much as I am in favor of reprints, you have no idea of the impacts of getting those reprints out in commander product. It would be a terrible idea. Let's ignore the reserve list for a while, and consider how happy commander players would be if all of the decks they have been waiting one year for were being sniped by players who don't care about commander, and the prices were orders of magnitude above the MSRP.

IF they ever make the decision to abolish the reserve list, the proper way to print those older cards is in a masters-style product, not a commander product.

Looks like someone opened up an Eternal Witness in a BFZ pack that is from Commander this year, at least there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    As much as I am in favor of reprints, you have no idea of the impacts of getting those reprints out in commander product. It would be a terrible idea. Let's ignore the reserve list for a while, and consider how happy commander players would be if all of the decks they have been waiting one year for were being sniped by players who don't care about commander, and the prices were orders of magnitude above the MSRP.

IF they ever make the decision to abolish the reserve list, the proper way to print those older cards is in a masters-style product, not a commander product.
    Considering big box stores have them and Wizards prints Commander product to demand now it isn't too hard for people to pick up some decks.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-10-17 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to playing my friend. He has a blue/white awaken deck, versus my black/white lifegain thing. I actually liked the flow of it, but his counters and goddamn Wrath of God+Awaken card kept stalling my everything to the point I'd just topdeck and lose. No big creatures, and not once did Serene Steward get to do its thing. Probably because it kept getting board wiped...

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Looks like someone opened up an Eternal Witness in a BFZ pack that is from Commander this year, at least there is that.

Considering big box stores have them and Wizards prints Commander product to demand now it isn't too hard for people to pick up some decks.
    I think you underestimate the demand a product like that would draw. Printing on demand doesn't mean printing enough to fill this much need.