Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's a very non-hydra effect for a hydra. Really cool though.

Hydra Broodmaster is confusing as shit. So you spend, say, four mana on X. It gets two +1/+1 counters, then you get two 2/2 hydras? Ok, I think I got it. Anyway, that's cool, but it makes me think there should be a true hydra lord, and then you could make a hydra deck from all the hydras across the hydra-verse.
    Yes, that is how that will work.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

That's a very non-hydra effect for a hydra. Really cool though.

Hydra Broodmaster is confusing as shit. So you spend, say, four mana on X. It gets two +1/+1 counters, then you get two 2/2 hydras? Ok, I think I got it. Anyway, that's cool, but it makes me think there should be a true hydra lord, and then you could make a hydra deck from all the hydras across the hydra-verse.
    i think they are trying to push devotion decks hard.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's been covered or discussed, but with these enchantment creatures that require devotion, do they get summoning sickness the turn that you reach required land for them to become creatures?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been covered or discussed, but with these enchantment creatures that require devotion, do they get summoning sickness the turn that you reach required land for them to become creatures?
    No. Just like manlands, if an enchantment would become a creature, it would have had to have been controlled by you since the previous turn (or however the sickness is defined). If you play a card, and then on your next turn, it becomes a creature, it can attack. Like normal, if it's NOT a creature, it can use its activated abilities immediately.

Fat Demon is quite good and red mythic is bound to do something, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy actually feels weak for one of the gods

No. Just like manlands, if an enchantment would become a creature, it would have had to have been controlled by you since the previous turn (or however the sickness is defined). If you play a card, and then on your next turn, it becomes a creature, it can attack. Like normal, if it's NOT a creature, it can use its activated abilities immediately.
    A permanent has summoning sickness unless you have controlled it continuously since your last untap step. However, only creatures suffer any effects from summoning sickness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daring Thief is pretty damn powerful. http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/...776600304.jpeg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    A permanent has summoning sickness unless you have controlled it continuously since your last untap step. However, only creatures suffer any effects from summoning sickness.
    Yes, but the stipulation still applies - the permanent, whether it was a creature or not, has to have been in play since the last untap step. This was an issue with the 'hidden' enchantments that turned into creatures during the Urza's Saga block. People assumed that since it came in as an enchantment, if it was somehow turned into a creature the turn it was put into play, it could swing because it wasn't a creature to begin with. But it's the same with these gods - even if you turn them into creatures after they come into play, they still suffer from summoning sickness.

I know that's what you were implying, I just wanted to expand on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a really fun deck to play?

Mine has a lot of draw, counters, creatures and discards plus mill, very very fun to see someone pissed at you at their loss (do have some archaeomancers and what not)

Spoilers from this morning. The Thaumaturge is definitely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yes, but the stipulation still applies - the permanent, whether it was a creature or not, has to have been in play since the last untap step. This was an issue with the 'hidden' enchantments that turned into creatures during the Urza's Saga block. People assumed that since it came in as an enchantment, if it was somehow turned into a creature the turn it was put into play, it could swing because it wasn't a creature to begin with. But it's the same with these gods - even if you turn them into creatures after they come into play, they still suffer from summoning sickness.

I know that's what you were implying, I just wanted to expand on that.
    I'm not implying anything I'm giving the rulebook definition of summoning sickness.

Now, king of lag, in order for me to answer that, we'd have to know what format you intend to play, and what you find fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Spoilers from this morning. The Thaumaturge is definitely interesting.

I can see the Thaumaturge doing insane things in R/U decks. It has a lot of synergy (I hate that word lol) with Multikicker spells. I'm interested to see what this does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last set I played I think was the Eldrazi and prior to that, ravnica. I gots me some catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Forgot about putting up Conspiracy spoilers that we started getting recently.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Forgot about putting up Conspiracy spoilers that we started getting recently.

Now those look a tiny bit op

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Now those look a tiny bit op
    The black card has something going for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Magic 2015 spoilers. Waste Not is super cool for discard http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/...264970749.jpeg

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see Magic 2015 spoilers. Waste Not is super cool for discard http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/...264970749.jpeg
    That would be nice for one of my decks lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, that was the winner of the DailyMTG 'You Create the Card' poll.