Thread: TP prices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Right now a smart person can become REALLY rich using the TP. Especially if this person used to play EVE Online
    Oh my. I do this crap all day long, i really have neither time nor will to play the market in my spare time too....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I think the idea is that when you know how buy orders work you will be able to make a lot of money initially. However I agree with you that the TP might ruin the entire market because it is world wide and not server wide like in WoW where the AH works pretty well.
    Why is having a world-wide market a bad thing exactly? In contrary, this makes sure that the economy stays healthy. D3 is an entire different example, as you could buy overpowered gear for very cheap. I don't see this happening in GW2 and once people find out how the buy/sell order system works, the prices will stabilize.

Why is having a world-wide market a bad thing exactly? In contrary, this makes sure that the economy stays healthy. D3 is an entire different example, as you could buy overpowered gear for very cheap. I don't see this happening in GW2 and once people find out how the buy/sell order system works, the prices will stabilize.
    Over time you will see that most things will sell with 0.1% profit margin becouse of the huge competition on wordwide market. This may be good for people buying stuff but not so good for people who would actually like to spend some time crafting or gathering mats. Thats why I think worldwide market is bad but that is just my personal opinion. I like the economy to be demanding and rewarding.

At this moment it's very easy to make money off people's ignorance. If you really care about the economy though, try taking a couple seconds of your time and educate people in mapchat about simple things such as at least checking the vendor price before selling an item at loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the TP should've been made either server only or something like say the current WvWvW servers. The TP would change every 2 weeks(or w/e the change is) and it would allow different prices on things :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Because if 10% of the population decides to farm mithril ore you will have 100k people farming it, in WoW (server wide AH) you will have maybe 1000 people farming it. That means you can make more money from farming something in WoW than you would be able to in GW2. On the other hand it means you can buy more items from doing 1 heart or 1 event in GW2 than you would be able to from doing 1 quest in WoW.

The main difference is that in GW 2 everyone can gather, and in large amounts easily, the high prices in wow has more to do with a lower supply/demand quotient than fewer sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    i think that since the TP has been down since launch, people just wanna empty their bank slots with little regard for their actual incomes.
    This creates a weird economic situation that'll resolve by itself.
    Of course there are also those who have no clue how a TP works, but was the same on WoW and LOTRO.
    The point is that they would earn more if they empty the bags selling those items to the vendor, because they are setting the prices one copper more than the vendor price but the ah cuts, 3, 4, 6, etc depending on the item lvl, so they are losing money and stopping others from earning money.

I havent hold any item to sell in the ah, but it would be nice to sell at least some of the items i craft/find in the world from now on.

Phew. For a second I was worried that the toilet paper prices had gone up.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I noticed the terrible prices right away, too (I had fun with the AH in WoW so I am accustomed to checking vendor prices). So many items are being listed for 1c above vendor, with a 2c listing fee!

More often than not I just salvage stuff, depending on how many items are listed on the TP. If there are only 5-20 or so of an item that are being sold for too cheap, I will go ahead and list mine anyway at a higher price (maybe +15-20c or so) with the hopes that the cheaper ones will sell out swiftly and mine might help start a more upward trend.

If there are 500 of the item currently selling for too cheap, I just salvage. ESPECIALLY if it's cloth because everyone seems to be having trouble getting enough cloth for Tailoring at the moment (me included!).

Everything posted in this thread could have been posted here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-make-gold-now

-- Fencers