Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well i just got the fossilized raptor to pop up : )

Then i solved 3-4 tol'vir and the stupid ring came up : (

I was the 150 fragments come up, then i cried lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I prefer to stock up 3-4 uldum digs and do them all at once. Or 2 Uldum digs and 2 tanaris/un'goro/silithus dig.
    Well in the end you'll have less uldum digsites. Might be more efficient for you though.
    I am shaman with 7.5min astrall recall and engineer. And i did it also when there were far fewer digsites. As you know when one digsite is up another can't be in the same place. the only exception i made when i was near a digsite north east azshara since it's so far away to come back for them.

However they might have changed it a bit with digsites being less random if you completed a race. when i grinded it, it was just random, the chance of having a site pop in uldum was the same as everywhere else (I remember from blues). That's why you wanted to have all uldum spots open always. There was a just a 1/150 (?) chance that the non surveyed digsite in uldum would block the next one popping in uldum and it would spawn in azshara eg.

Wait till MOP and it will be much easier as you can swap Pandaria stuff for Tolvir stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Can you explain why that would be more efficient then waiting till you have more digsites near uldum?

Traveling back and forth between the northern and southern parts of the continent is where I feel most of my time is spent when I am arch'ing. Even with portals and Hearthstones. Taking the chance that if I fly down to Uldum do the digsite and then the next spawn is all the way up north with the other three, is just not worth it.

I prefer to stock up 3-4 uldum digs and do them all at once. Or 2 Uldum digs and 2 tanaris/un'goro/silithus dig.
    Let's say you do a digsite in anywhere but Uldum, but you already have 1 digsite available in Uldum. Once you do the one that isn't in Uldum, the game will look for a new spot for the next digsite, but because you already have one in Uldum, that one isn't available, making your chance of getting an Uldum dig smaller. Especially by the time you have two or even three digsites in Uldum, you'll have vastly reduced your chance of getting another one.

For the OP, that means you're doing it the best way possible, assuming you can get back to the north of Kalimdor relatively fast. Just keep going to Uldum at every available opportunity.